Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: KADE Encoder and Kick Starter Project  (Read 40311 times)

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:50:22 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: KADE Encoder and Kick Starter Project
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2015, 12:49:04 pm »
I bought one of these goofy things to go from an Xbox to an HDTV:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O58LOBW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Luckily it fires up to the Component input when given power is toggled on. 

Couldn't tell any difference between using that and my X2VGA adapter.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:50:46 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: KADE Encoder and Kick Starter Project
« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2015, 01:17:59 pm »
Yotsuya
And if you need it to do something different for another project, you are good to go.  We are going to be expanding our offering with a kickstarter on April 30th.  In addition to the miniConsole+ product, we hope to build a stash of KADE theBrain wich will power a new class of miniArcade and other cool stuff.  We will always be open source and always try to allow the software to run on generally available hardware from companies like sparkfun, adafruit, and mattair.  We are going to run a Facebook contest starting on the 28th and will let the community review the rewards as well as win some super cool stuff!

Sweet! I know I've said it before, but you guys are a quality, class act and have made me a believer. I was quite chuffed when I did my first keyboard hack, but the KADE firmware/Minimus AVR has made life so much easier, especially in regards to soldering stuff.  :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***