Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WG K7000 - Vertical screen fill issue  (Read 2040 times)

OverRide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2022, 04:26:14 pm
WG K7000 - Vertical screen fill issue
« on: December 07, 2009, 07:25:56 pm »
I recently cap'ed this monitor. The picture is fantastic and for the most part the monitor works great. The only issue I have is filling the screen vertically.
In the photo below I have the vertical postion pot dialed all the way up and this is as far as the screen moves up. I can fill the top of the screen using the vertical size. But then the bottom is cut off quite a bit.
note that I set the blacklevel low so it's easy to see where the image is. The picture is otherwise nice and bright. :)
I also included a photo of the remote board. The pots on this board seem a little flaky and might be part of the issue?
Thanks!

Deadly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2021, 02:55:25 am
Re: WG K7000 - Vertical screen fill issue
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 02:22:39 pm »
Could be a few things involved here.
The pots on the chassis "should" straighten that out for you. If they are touchy you can buy contact cleaner from radioshack and spray then and rotate them back and forth. If it doesn't help .....Eliminating the remote board - does it help?
You say you capped it - not all kits are the same. I've had a few monitors exhibit this exact same issue and after capping it the problem went away. I would personally start making a list of the caps that weren't replaced and replace those. One would think there wouldn't be that many needed.

FWIW - seeing that line on the top reminds me of a couple monitors I had that exhibited this behaviour. Indeed a capkit fixed it. I buy my kits from Zanen or mikesarcade

Also turn the brightness down and use your black level pot to fine tune it. The tube picture should be black not grey as it is currently pictured.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 02:24:57 pm by Deadly »

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 12:49:37 am »
Adjust the 50/60 control as shown here:

http://jstookey.com/arcade/WG_25k7191/

OverRide

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2022, 04:26:14 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 11:38:17 pm »
Thanks Ken. That helped a bit. But it's hard to fill the screen without losing a chunk off the bottom. I guess it doesnt look that bad and its hard to tell. I will just live with it for now.