Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Quick questions thread  (Read 930 times)

SlayerAlex

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2011, 09:19:27 pm
Quick questions thread
« on: January 07, 2010, 01:08:31 am »
So i had a small question and diddnt want to clog up the fourmz too much. Thought i would offer this thread for others to use if they had some quick questions as well.

First of course check the stickies

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19049.0

or use search.

but if not there feel free to ask.

Like meee i cant seem to find any info on where to get bezel glass. i have the wood of a cabniet i am restoring and now wondering on where to get the glass. (assuming it was glass. im pretty sure it was... dont have any arcades to verify but i dont think it was plastic)

Is there an online dealer that everyone goes to? or should i go to an automotive guy?

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
Re: Quick questions thread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 04:27:01 am »
If your in the States, www.onedayglass.com seems to get mentioned regularly. Personally I would try local glaziers first if you can.

It may depend on the cabinet you are restoring but personally I would use 1/4" (6mm) glass. You will want at least a seamed edge put on it to remove any sharp edges and you will want it tempered too. You can also get it tinted if you like.