Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: X-Arcade Tankstick box dimensions please..can't find them.  (Read 6654 times)

rooroosta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2009, 08:04:00 am
X-Arcade Tankstick box dimensions please..can't find them.
« on: December 04, 2009, 03:00:33 pm »
Does anyone have the dimensions for X-Arcade Tankstick please...the dimensions (H x W x D) of the actual box underneath the actual control panel...making sure it will fit in my cab!

Thanks.

ammitz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2017, 07:22:09 am
Re: X-Arcade Tankstick box dimensions please..can't find them.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:32:57 pm »
why don't you build your own CP instead, much more fun

and you should find the dimensions here:

http://www.xgaming.com/img/dualjoystick.pdf
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:34:58 pm by ammitz »
Building my first bartop CAB

rooroosta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2009, 08:04:00 am
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 02:48:21 am »
Thanks for the link although i've read it a few times before and still can't find what i'm looking for. The only dimensions mentioned are for the trackball, single player and older two-player versions.

Herk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 02:50:02 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 09:37:32 am »
Roorosta,

I can give you very close maximum approximates.  10.5" front to back and 25.5" side to side.  The depth is greater at the back slanted toward the front by about an inch.  The depth is around 4-5", but that is only a guess. You can lose a bit by taking the box part off and letting the guts dangle.  If you do that, the maximum depth you need is 3.5".

Herk

severdhed

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2022, 04:45:32 pm
  • RIP Dinosaur Hippo
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 10:21:53 am »
well, since you don't know the dimensions, i'm going to assume that you haven't purchased it yet....so don't.  I bought an xarcade 2 player unit many years ago, long before i ever considered having my own cabinet...and while it did the job, it just can't compare to building your own panel.  if you are taking the time to build or convert a cabinet, dont wimp out and throw an xarcade on it.  building your own panel is pretty easy, and that way you can make it just the way you want it.  speaking from experience, you may be content with the x-arcade unit for a while, but you will soon develope that constant nagging feeling that you could do it better. 
Current Projects:      Zak-Man | TMNT Pedestal | SNES Pi | N64 Odroid
Former Projects:     4 Player Showcase | Donkey Kong | iCade