Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nanotech, DIY Kits... Stay away, and be Afraid!!  (Read 5990 times)

H4CK3R

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2012, 06:12:09 am
Nanotech, DIY Kits... Stay away, and be Afraid!!
« on: November 05, 2009, 12:45:27 am »
Well, after 6 weeks of waiting for a refund, I decided that David Foley and Crew are up to it again....

Bought a DIY Kit from Nanotech, First one went bad after 2 weeks, and I was having family over so I told David I would like another shiped out immediatly, was told that I would have to pay for it, till he looked at the old one and determend what was wrong with it.

First off, I only had it two weeks, and I had to pay to get it replaced...  Went thur Paypal, and there was an issue with my CC and my address ( recently moved, ect ) and David Filed a payment dispute against me withen 6 hours... ( Mind you, I already bought 1 from him before, this was for a replacement part )... Once I got home I had the matter settled with the bank and paypal.

So david told me to send the old one back in, and I did, and then i waited... 1 week, nothing, 2nd week David said he would check into it... 3rd week gave up.. 4th week called no return calls, 5th week the same, and now the 6th week and still nothing... Thus my Review...

First off, when I got the item, it came with no instructions, no templet for mounting it, no hardware to mount it ( screws, fastners, plastic sleves for the screws... Nothing )  Had to buy addtional 10 bucks worth of stuff from home depot to get it mount.

Had to do 30 mins worth of research from other people that had it installed, and a few questions later to forum members to get it right.  No biggy, I know.

Calibratioon is easy once you know how to do it... that took 3 days of playing with it to get it right, and seeing as how each machine is differnt I can see that.  So finnally got everything set up right and leave the pinball on for a night, and woke up to all the calibrations being off..  Seems that the processor inside is very senitive to changes in tempertures.  all my calibrations where off from the night before.  So you have to redo all the calibrations.

That wasnt so bad, I guess...  Still looked sweet and worked sweet for about a week... then it started to die on me, First it was just loose connection in the middle of a game, at first you would just have to unplug it, and plug back in to get it to work, but finnally it wasnt being reconized buy the PC at all.  And it finnaly died again.

Still no word from Nanotech, or from David Foley.  Should have known a guy that would try and copyright Mame, and sell stolen goods from his own company would also screw over an potential client.

David, when you read this, you can keep the Money I paid for a working product... youlll need it more then me,  Because Bubba wont take a STOLEN ROM from you.

H4CK3R
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 12:48:01 am by H4CK3R »

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: Nanotech, DIY Kits... Stay away, and be Afraid!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 01:47:34 pm »
Mmm. At the very least, he could've paid shipping back to him, and had it picked up the next day. You would've been out the product, but things would've (or at least appear to've) been moving.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:40:01 pm »
Nice to see Mr. Foley living up to his reputation.

Sorry to see the ramifications though.  Dispute your CC charge... you have 90 days, right?

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:30 pm »
Just checked out his webpage.

Which product did you buy? Was it that motion thing?