Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Most remarkable woman  (Read 2176 times)

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:21:49 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Most remarkable woman
« on: October 31, 2009, 09:42:11 pm »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/6414485/woman-in-iron-lung-for-60-years-dies/

And the rest of the news if filled with drivel like 'nicole ritchie' this or 'beyonce' that.

I didn't realise that you don't have to be in an iron lung 24/7. I've learnt something. WTF can i learn from knowing Nicole Ritchie is having trouble with paparazi? Who could give a ---fudgesicle--- ?

As hard as it is to take sometimes, i would much rather hear stories about people like June Middleton than about perpetual '15 minutes of famers'...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
Re: Most remarkable woman
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:18 pm »
I didn't realise that you don't have to be in an iron lung 24/7. I've learnt something.

Where did you pick up on that? ???

Pictures show June Middleton with some sort of weird looking copper bowl thing. I guess they make them mobile now?

danny_galaga

• Grand high prophet of the holy noodle.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:21:49 pm
  • because the mail never stops
    • dans cocktail lounge
Re: Most remarkable woman
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:34:54 am »
I didn't realise that you don't have to be in an iron lung 24/7. I've learnt something.

Where did you pick up on that? ???

Pictures show June Middleton with some sort of weird looking copper bowl thing. I guess they make them mobile now?

Hmmm, maybe i've misconstrued:

"It gave her some independence and she was able to go on regular outings, and take annual holidays."

Maybe they are portable then...

ROUGHING UP THE SUSPECT SINCE 1981