Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tempest restore  (Read 2186 times)

GMZombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2022, 10:11:23 am
  • I am a living Legend who fixes stuff... mostly
Tempest restore
« on: October 14, 2009, 08:07:17 am »
im working on a tempest machine for a buddy and when i got it it was all disassembled so i brought it home to reassemble. i checked the board and it didnt have the transistor array chips...at least one or 2 was missing so i bought new ones and put them in and powered up the board and one of the chips blew a chip in one of those chips. so i thought the board was bad and sent it in to get repaired. i got it back yesterday and installed it back into the cab to get the same chip blow a chip off of the rom...grr the only thing im thinking it could be would be the regualtor board...anybody have any other answers. also the red led was on the monitor board and there was a spot in the middle of the pic tube but nothing else...please help im lost. :banghead:

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: Tempest restore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:49:18 am »

Back up and confirm the voltages on the AR board first.  And unplug the monitor - if you have the spot killer AND a spot you're fubared there too.  Don't trash your monitor.