Main > Monitor/Video Forum

Purchasing Arcade monitors.

<< < (18/19) > >>

bobbyb13:

--- Quote from: Mike A on July 19, 2021, 07:12:21 am ---Flat CRTs make classic games look like ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---.

There are more than enough CRTs to feed this hobby until the people who really care are all dead.

There is no need for new CRTs.

I routinely buy working 19 inch arcade monitors for 100 to 150 bucks. 25 inch CRTS for 125-250 dollars.

If you can't find them where you live then drive out to Chicago with a van and fill it up with arcade monitors.

One trip and you never have to worry about CRTs again.

If you don't live in the continental US this could be a very different conversation.

Bobbyb13, you need to rent a canoe or something. Sorry buddy.

--- End quote ---

Oh... tube envy-

Sadly (and comically) you are once again correct Mike A.

People out here had too much $$ during the CRT era apparently (and there are a lot of traditionalist people of Japanese descent here in the islands also) so most of the tubes I get ahold of are actually very nice Trinitrons.
Most totally usseless if not for Zebidee's work and some with only s-video, composite, or rf input anyway.
I need to learn how to rgb mod-

And the tubes that aren't Sonys are often Dynaflats.
Far better than LCDs obviously, but geometry is abit weird for some games of course.

Ahhhh.... the irony-

Infa Red:
Hey you know what's interesting (to me, cause I am new here) but when I "quoted" Mike A, the quote wrote the word sh&t out like its spelled while I was creating the post. Which I thought weird, cause I swore he wrote the --steaming pile of meadow muffin-- joke/analogy. Low and behold, when I clicked "Post" - it zapped back to the meadow muffin thing.

Pretty cool, I figure its a auto thing ? When you swear it replaces your curse word(s) with some funny related banter ?

Oh and @Mike A, sorry I missed that part, yes I am on the Arcade Museum place too.

PL1:

--- Quote from: Infa Red on July 19, 2021, 11:29:13 pm ---When you swear it replaces your curse word(s) with some funny related banter ?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, that's Saint's sense of humor for you.
  Try posting the next entry in this sequence:  B2, B3, __.  :duckhunt

If you want to turn off the filter, click on the "profile" icon at the top of the page.
  Modify Profile -- Look and Layout menu.
  Select "Leave words uncensored", the 6th item down, then Click on "Change Profile". (lower right)

Scott

Infa Red:

--- Quote from: PL1 on July 20, 2021, 01:29:44 am ---Yeah, that's Saint's sense of humor for you.
  Try posting the next entry in this sequence:  B2, B3, __.  :duckhunt

If you want to turn off the filter, click on the "profile" icon at the top of the page.
  Modify Profile -- Look and Layout menu.
  Select "Leave words uncensored", the 6th item down, then Click on "Change Profile". (lower right)

Scott

--- End quote ---
Who is Saint ?

You know I have from day 1 had that option checked, and just now double checked and yes I have that option enabled to leave words uncensored. Yet, it is still censoring them I guess ? Weird.

PL1:

--- Quote from: Infa Red on July 20, 2021, 02:46:50 pm ---Who is Saint ?

--- End quote ---
Saint a.k.a. John St.Clair is our gracious host who has been running this site since late 1997 and is the author of "Project Arcade".

He also does a great Pac-Man cosplay -- related thread here.

--- Quote from: Infa Red on July 20, 2021, 02:46:50 pm ---You know I have from day 1 had that option checked, and just now double checked and yes I have that option enabled to leave words uncensored. Yet, it is still censoring them I guess ? Weird.

--- End quote ---
The filter is a one-way street.
- If you're reading an unfiltered post and your filter is off, it should show up unfiltered.
- If an unfiltered post is quoted by someone with the filter on, it will show up filtered regardless of your filter setting.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version