Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: William's Coin Box Door  (Read 1772 times)

JohnnyG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2016, 06:25:16 pm
William's Coin Box Door
« on: October 23, 2009, 09:24:15 pm »
The coin box door for my Stargate cabinet is in pretty rough shape.  Here are some pics...

I am not sure if there is a way to smooth it out and restore it, or if I should find a replacement for it.  Any advice on the first, or any known places for the second?  Thanks.

bkenobi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
Re: William's Coin Box Door
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »
Well, you could try to make the metal smooth, but that's unlikely to give you a perfect result unless you are experienced.  I would recommend smoothing it out the best you can first.  Then, make sure all the problem areas are low spots (eliminate all high points).  Finally, use bondo and some sanding to make a nice smooth surface for priming/painting.

Good luck!

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 10:06:32 pm »
These doors are not reproduced and there's no "new-old-stock" out there so you're going to have to fix it.

Best to take it to an auto body shop. They are best equipped to make that metal straight and dent free. Then get it powder coated.

bkenobi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2021, 10:41:52 pm
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 10:07:35 pm »
They will do that?  Interesting! 

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:22:22 am »
can try to get a nicer one off ebay or something..

me i'd just pound some of the dints as flat as possible then sand it down to remove the rust and then prime/paint

some people want it to look like it's brand new from the factory.. nothing wrong with that just more work/money.

i my self can accept a little bit of imperfection they got a lot of years on them.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases