Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: IJ Mode Saucer Fix  (Read 2801 times)

koolmoecraig

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2014, 07:07:20 pm
    • My Intervention
IJ Mode Saucer Fix
« on: October 10, 2009, 08:57:14 pm »
A few people have complained about the bounce out problem with the mode saucer on IJ.  This is my fix.  I works about 95% of the time.  The ball just drops right in.

1.  Remove the ball deflector.  It's worthless.  No matter which way you bend it, it wont work well.

2.  Put dead drop foam on the metal behind and to the side of the mode saucer.  Drop foam available here:
http://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=131

3.  Put a couple of washers on the underside of the red mode saucer plastic between the playfield wood and the plastic part.  This will lower the saucer the width of the washers that you use.

Works great!

Now if you hit the ball there hard it will go past the saucer and hit the foam behind it.  This causes the ball to die and fall right into the saucer.

Notice how low the saucer plastic sits down as well.

Qesmann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2011, 07:20:08 pm
Re: IJ Mode Saucer Fix
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 12:23:50 pm »
Thanks for posting this. Good timing because I was going to try and solve the same problem today.