Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Resolution switch (FIXED!!)  (Read 1077 times)

Chicken McNobody

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 01:01:06 pm
  • I poop too much. . .
Resolution switch (FIXED!!)
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:50:19 am »
Hello there, I have searched through various pages and haven't been able to find the problem that I am having.  I found similar, but figured I would ask anyways to see if there is any help that can be located.

I am using the Johns Arcade MaLa layout, it is beautiful and is exactly what I need for my cabinet theme.  Thanks!

Anywho the resolution keeps changing after I exit the game for the first time.  So it will be in a lower left corner, smaller but usable, it just looks bad, and is annoying.  The Windows resolution stays the same until I exit Mala, and then is will sometimes change from the 800 x 600 to a lower resolution.  I would just keep it at the lower resolution, but the games play at like 125% speed, so they run way too fast in that set-up.  I don't know if this matters, but it is set up as a vertical display, that could be a factor I guess.

Is there anything that I am doing wrong specifically?  Or is there a setting that I have missed, I have played with everythin in MaLa that I think would make a difference, with no permanent success.  I tried using the standart layout, and the same problem occurs as well, so I don't hink it's psecifically related to the layout chosen. 

Please help me if anyone out there has any suggestions. . .

Thank you in advance for your time. . .
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:45:10 pm by Chicken McNobody »

dungbeetle46

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
Re: Resolution switch
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:41:00 am »
try under
GUI
Game start
and put a tick in reorder layout after game quit
see if that helps

Chicken McNobody

• Offline Offline
  • I poop too much. . .
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 10:53:21 am »
Thanks, I'll give that a shot later after work and report on my findings.

*Shaking fist in air* Curses work, you always ruin my fun!

Chicken McNobody

• Offline Offline
  • I poop too much. . .
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:30:27 pm »
OK So I tried that, and it still resizes the menu to be smaller.  It didn't seem to have any effect on the MaLa set-up.  Do you think it has anything to do with my graphic drivers?  Any more help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chicken McNobody

• Offline Offline
  • I poop too much. . .
Re: Resolution switch (FIXED!!)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 05:46:38 pm »
It was the refresh rate on the monitor.  It was at 120Hz, so I adjusted it to 60HZ.  Now it stays perfect!

I changed it once before, but I redid my computer since then, so I forgot to do it again, this is why it never occurred to me.