Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NESTopia: How do I disable the GUI?  (Read 10074 times)

yugffuts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2011, 01:22:57 pm
NESTopia: How do I disable the GUI?
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:01:20 pm »
You would think that I could find this answer through google, but no luck.

I have nestopia installed in my PC, and can run games through me frontend, no problems.  But, when I press escape to quit, the GUI comes up, instead of returning to the frontend.  I looked through the readme's & the XML files & the web, but couldn't find out how.  I have to assume you can do this?  Otherwise I'll have to use a different emulator for NES....

Thanks.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
Re: NESTopia: How do I disable the GUI?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 01:21:45 pm »
if I remember correct, in the ini file. Some frontend can still quit the emulator, example using closeemu if it still cause problem.
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

yugffuts

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2011, 01:22:57 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 09:12:56 am »
I finally found it.  It is actually in the Nestopia.xml file.

There are 2 things i changed in the file, and now I can quit straight back to Hyperspin. 

<ShowMenu>Esc</ShowMenu> Changed to: <ShowMenu>...</ShowMenu>

<Exit>...</Exit> Changed to: <Exit>Esc</Exit>

That's from memory, so the syntax may be a bit off.  If anyone else is looking for this, just look in the XML file and you'll see it.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:56:04 pm »
I have fiffed with that emulator in the while. I actuelly remember you could just remap the keys directly in the gui as well. This emulator is very configurable I mind.

Some others emulators can been closed quit by a script (which I automatic did when I created my own frontend).

That I was thinking was a another NES emulator which could not start in fullscreen directly. Howover it could easy do that in a ini file and find fullscreen..... Not sure which one it was.

Sorry for the bad second post. Its was a long time ago I checked a lots of emulators to get wokring in my own frontend.

Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

massive88

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 02:21:01 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:12:26 pm »
Its under Options > Input > File > Exit in the GUI.

You'll want to remap a key to get rid of the bar as well though, mine is mapped to tab, im not sure if that is the default (I think its ESC by default).

That option is under Options > Input > View > Toggle Menu

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 09:21:12 am »

You'll want to remap a key to get rid of the bar as well though, mine is mapped to tab, im not sure if that is the default (I think its ESC by default).

I'm having the same problem however I can't seem to find anything to remap the esc key in either the input preferences or in the config file. I'm using Version 1.08. What versions are you guys using?

massive88

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2024, 02:21:01 pm
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 10:33:22 am »

I'm having the same problem however I can't seem to find anything to remap the esc key in either the input preferences or in the config file. I'm using Version 1.08. What versions are you guys using?

I think I was using 1.38 or something, cant check it now.  Perhaps you should update?  Looks like 1.40 is the current version.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 01:21:43 pm »

I think I was using 1.38 or something, cant check it now.  Perhaps you should update?  Looks like 1.40 is the current version.

Thanks for the info! I thought I was running the latest version as I downloaded it Monday... I guess the link I followed lead to an older version.  I will update it and give your suggestion a try. Thanks again!

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 06:42:24 pm »
Upgrading to 1.40 and following massive88's and yugffuts instructions worked like a charm!
Thanks again!