Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xbox 360 XInput keyboard hack (works for SFIV, MKK, SFxTekken, Etc)  (Read 190328 times)

TheManuel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2020, 10:15:48 am
  • On and off hobbyist
Re: Street Fighter IV: 2 keyboard patch! 64 OS support (no PPJoy needed)
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2013, 09:08:32 am »
I look forward to that.
"The Manuel"

nizz8

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2015, 03:34:05 pm
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2013, 12:42:55 pm »
Thanks OP for creating/sharing this!  Works great for me!
-n8

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2018, 05:56:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Re: Street Fighter IV: 2 keyboard patch! 64 OS support (no PPJoy needed)
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, 06:10:48 am »
It turns out this guide I created is applicable to the new Mortal Kombat Komplete edition for the PC as well (with slight differences in the options in the game).  Once again, someone ported a game and didn't think that two players needed to use the keyboard at the same time (keyboard encoders).  It's a shame because MAME arcades have grown so much in recent years.

I tested the workaround for MKK earlier today and it works perfectly.  I'm working on writing up a new topic just for the MKK game with screenshots and such.

DeLuSioNaL29

I will be following this guide when I finalise my hyperspin setup, I too will definitely be interested in your guide for MKKE :)

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

nizz8

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2015, 03:34:05 pm
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2013, 02:40:23 pm »
I tried just dropping in the configs i had for SSF4AE into MKKE and things seemed to generally work ok on my xArcade.  looking forward to the MKKE guide as well!
-n8

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »
The keyboard patch is not working for me on MKKE but does fine on SFIV and SSFIVAE.
What could I be doing wrong?
Are the files supposed to be dropped in this folder?:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MortalKombat_KompleteEdition\DiscContentPC
"The Manuel"

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:06 am »
I look forward to the write up for MKKE.
Has anyone confirmed if this works (or is even required) with STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN ?
I have an ipac and would love to be able to play on my cabinet.

Any info would be great.

Awesome work BTW.

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »
The keyboard patch is not working for me on MKKE but does fine on SFIV and SSFIVAE.
What could I be doing wrong?
Are the files supposed to be dropped in this folder?:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MortalKombat_KompleteEdition\DiscContentPC

Same here, didn't work for me.

Update

Will try this when I get chance.
http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/137/Mortal+Kombat+Komplete+Edition+PC+Setup
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 04:52:50 pm by Connorsdad »

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »
I found the issue on my end.
In the x360kb.ini file, I enabled background mode and it started working without issues.

After that, remember to go in-game and assign all keyboard commands to keys that you don't use in the gamepad hack (assigned in the ini file).
I spend a lot of time setting mine up so let me know if you run into other issues.
"The Manuel"

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2013, 05:24:22 pm »
I have 7 buttons per player on my setup, in your opinions what would be a good pad button to assign to my extra ipac button?

The games I'll be using this for are:

SFIVAE
SFXT
MKKE

Thanks

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2013, 08:30:39 am »
@ Connorsdad

do you know if this even works with SFXT ?
I've used this on one of my systems with SSFIV:AE and it works.
I'm yet to instal SFIV and SFXT... but the SFXT was my concern.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2013, 11:01:29 am »
I have 7 buttons per player on my setup, in your opinions what would be a good pad button to assign to my extra ipac button?

SFIVAE
SFXT
MKKE

Thanks

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

My CP buttons are laid out thus:
   1  2  3
   4  5  6

This allows for a lot of flexibility to match original game layouts.  Clearly, SF games are covered with 1-6, including SFIV, SSFIVAE and SFxT, although I have not yet configured the latter.  For NeoGeo games I use 4-6 and 7 as the "thumb button" in the original panel.  Finally, for Mortal Kombat games the UMK3 layout can be approximated by using 7 as the run button and 5 as the block button, although in the original cab button #2 did not exist and #5 was centered among 1, 4, 3 and 6.  This is how I've used it for years and it doesn't feel much different than the original.

For MKKE, NetherRealms has release and official fighting stick that uses the exact original UMK3 layout.  You can find pictures of it all over the internet.  The game is natively compatible with that controller, as the throw function is mapped to HK+HP, tag is the old run button (#7) and stance change is LK+HK.  That is how When using gamepads you can actually map throw and change stance to individual buttons.

I hope this helps.
"The Manuel"

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2013, 03:10:43 am »
@ Connorsdad

do you know if this even works with SFXT ?
I've used this on one of my systems with SSFIV:AE and it works.
I'm yet to instal SFIV and SFXT... but the SFXT was my concern.

My original post was confusing, I do not have this working with SFXT yet. Apparently there are issues using this method with that game.

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2013, 08:39:51 am »

SFIVAE
SFXT
MKKE

Thanks

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

My CP buttons are laid out thus:
   1  2  3
   4  5  6

This allows for a lot of flexibility to match original game layouts.  Clearly, SF games are covered with 1-6, including SFIV, SSFIVAE and SFxT, although I have not yet configured the latter.  For NeoGeo games I use 4-6 and 7 as the "thumb button" in the original panel.  Finally, for Mortal Kombat games the UMK3 layout can be approximated by using 7 as the run button and 5 as the block button, although in the original cab button #2 did not exist and #5 was centered among 1, 4, 3 and 6.  This is how I've used it for years and it doesn't feel much different than the original.

For MKKE, NetherRealms has release and official fighting stick that uses the exact original UMK3 layout.  You can find pictures of it all over the internet.  The game is natively compatible with that controller, as the throw function is mapped to HK+HP, tag is the old run button (#7) and stance change is LK+HK.  That is how When using gamepads you can actually map throw and change stance to individual buttons.

I hope this helps.

How is your x360kb.ini setup if your using 7 buttons?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:42:07 am by Connorsdad »

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2013, 09:36:05 am »

Each game has a different story as to why I chose a specific button assignments but it usually has to do with the fact that I like my top left button to have the "select/accept" functionality and the top middle button, the "back" functionality.

Here are the keys  to which I mapped the cab buttons with my iPac:
   Z  X  C
   T  Y  U
V

Below is how I have set up the P1 side of the cab for each game.
P2 side follows the same logic but with different key assignments.

SSFIVAE
Unfortunately, this game maps the accept and back functionality to whatever pad buttons you assign as weak kick and middle kick and I have not found a way around this.
Code: [Select]
[Options]
UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=0
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=T
B=Y
X=Z
Y=X
Right Shoulder=C
Right Trigger=U
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
Back=5
Start=1

SFXT
This one was very straightforward.
[Options]
UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=0
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=Z
B=X
X=T
Y=Y
Right Shoulder=U
Right Trigger=C
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
Back=5
Start=1

MKKE
IMPORTANT: In my case, I had to set backgroundmode to 1 in this game or the hack wouldn't work (you can see it in the ini file below). 
This one took some trial and error because it has more gamepad button assignments than you have emulated buttons and it won't let you leave anything unassigned.
From my notes:
- Game does not allow keyboard keys to remain unassigned so must assign them to keys not used in the x360kb.ini
- The CP buttons were mapped to match the official MK Competition Fight Stick, which pretty much has the traditional mk3 button layout, except that the "run" button is now a tag button for team fighting mode
- The button combinations for Flip Stance (back kick + front kick) and Throw (front kick + front punch) can be assigned to specific buttons but I left them out of my setup to match the official MK stick, which doesn't use them
- The game has the "Select" and "Back" functions hard-coded to gamepad buttons A and B, so the x360kb.ini backed up in this folder was carefully configured to preserve that functionality in my control panel's top row blue and green buttons as with most other games in my cab, even though I'm not using the top green button in-game
- In order for my button config above to work, the following mappings must be made in the in-game config menu (only "Preset 1" has to be configured and it will work for both player sides):
   - joystick directions: already assigned correctly by default, no need to re-assign
   - front punch: RT
   - back punch: A
   - front kick: LB
   - back kick: X
   - flip stance: LT (do not touch this one!!!, pre-assigned to unused button, like I need it)
   - tag: back (left facing triangle)
   - block: Y
   - throw: RB (do not touch this one!!!, pre-assigned to unused function, like I need it)
   - pause: start (right facing triangle)
   - back: B
- Since the game has more functions than I have buttons in the emulated gamepad hack, the configuration in the ini file has been selected to leave the game default flip stance and throw buttons unassigned, since I'm not going to use them and the game does not allow unassign buttons.  In case of mistakes, just load the game's default config and start re-assigning again all the buttons above, except flip stance and throw
ini file:
[Options]
UseInitBeep=0
Log=0
BackgroundMode=1
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
A=Z
B=X
Right Trigger=C
X=T
Y=Y
Left Shoulder=U
Back=V
Start=1

In all cases, you still have to go into the in-game button assignment menu and map all keyboards to unused keys to avoid conflicts and some additional re-mapping to have the punches and kicks where you want them in your cab.

I hope this helps.

"The Manuel"

Connorsdad

• Offline Offline

Each game has a different story as to why I chose a specific button assignments but it usually has to do with the fact that I like my top left button to have the "select/accept" functionality and the top middle button, the "back" functionality.

Here are the keys  to which I mapped the cab buttons with my iPac:
   Z  X  C
   T  Y  U
V

Below is how I have set up the P1 side of the cab for each game.
P2 side follows the same logic but with different key assignments.

SSFIVAE
Unfortunately, this game maps the accept and back functionality to whatever pad buttons you assign as weak kick and middle kick and I have not found a way around this.
[Options]
UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=0
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=T
B=Y
X=Z
Y=X
Right Shoulder=C
Right Trigger=U
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
Back=5
Start=1

SFXT
This one was very straightforward.
[Options]
UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=0
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=Z
B=X
X=T
Y=Y
Right Shoulder=U
Right Trigger=C
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
Back=5
Start=1

MKKE
IMPORTANT: In my case, I had to set backgroundmode to 1 in this game or the hack wouldn't work (you can see it in the ini file below). 
This one took some trial and error because it has more gamepad button assignments than you have emulated buttons and it won't let you leave anything unassigned.
From my notes:
- Game does not allow keyboard keys to remain unassigned so must assign them to keys not used in the x360kb.ini
- The CP buttons were mapped to match the official MK Competition Fight Stick, which pretty much has the traditional mk3 button layout, except that the "run" button is now a tag button for team fighting mode
- The button combinations for Flip Stance (back kick + front kick) and Throw (front kick + front punch) can be assigned to specific buttons but I left them out of my setup to match the official MK stick, which doesn't use them
- The game has the "Select" and "Back" functions hard-coded to gamepad buttons A and B, so the x360kb.ini backed up in this folder was carefully configured to preserve that functionality in my control panel's top row blue and green buttons as with most other games in my cab, even though I'm not using the top green button in-game
- In order for my button config above to work, the following mappings must be made in the in-game config menu (only "Preset 1" has to be configured and it will work for both player sides):
- joystick directions: already assigned correctly by default, no need to re-assign
- front punch: RT
- back punch: A
- front kick: LB
- back kick: X
- flip stance: LT (do not touch this one!!!, pre-assigned to unused button, like I need it)
- tag: back (left facing triangle)
- block: Y
- throw: RB (do not touch this one!!!, pre-assigned to unused function, like I need it)
- pause: start (right facing triangle)
- back: B
- Since the game has more functions than I have buttons in the emulated gamepad hack, the configuration in the ini file has been selected to leave the game default flip stance and throw buttons unassigned, since I'm not going to use them and the game does not allow unassign buttons.  In case of mistakes, just load the game's default config and start re-assigning again all the buttons above, except flip stance and throw
ini file:
[Options]
UseInitBeep=0
Log=0
BackgroundMode=1
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
A=Z
B=X
Right Trigger=C
X=T
Y=Y
Left Shoulder=U
Back=V
Start=1

In all cases, you still have to go into the in-game button assignment menu and map all keyboards to unused keys to avoid conflicts and some additional re-mapping to have the punches and kicks where you want them in your cab.

I hope this helps.

How do you pull off the xray moves if you have the flip stance assigned to an unused button ?

I've read that stance + block is used for the xray moves.

Sent from Amstrad CPC464

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2013, 09:04:52 am »
Refer to my post before the previous one.  Flip stance can be done by pressing LP+LK simultaneously.  Both of those are on the bottom row.  Since block is also on that row, I just press all three together to launch the x-ray attacks.  Similarly, LP+LK is used to throw your opponent.
"The Manuel"

sleong

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2021, 04:11:56 pm
  • Novice builder of Arcade Machines
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2013, 08:02:19 pm »
This is a game I'd like to get and setup as well.  I hope I can follow all this to get it to work!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 08:10:48 pm
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 05:19:56 pm »
I had the patch working for SSFIVAE until letting GFWL apply newer patches.

I was running a shady exe before because my cab wasn't connected to the internet, but it wasn't saving my games.
Finally gave the cab an internet connection to play some steam games and decided to let SSFIVAE connect.
So I copied the legit files from my laptop and everything worked fine, including this patch for the controls.
After installing the last update though, this patch isn't working anymore.

Anyone else experience this or did I just mess something else up and not realize it?
Did SSFIVAE change the .dll it uses for controls?

It still works fine for SFxT and MKK.
SSFIVAE doesn't even see any controllers connected.
I've tried everything I can think of and am not getting anywhere.
This is on Vista64.

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2013, 05:38:33 pm »
Try renaming the dll to "XInput9_1_0.dll".  It does use a different one after the patch.
"The Manuel"

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2013, 06:04:41 pm »
Try renaming the dll to "XInput9_1_0.dll".  It does use a different one after the patch.

That works!
 :applaud:
  Thanks!

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2013, 08:45:36 am »
I have SFIV, SFXT, and SSFIV:AE all of which I purchased on the cheap.
However I only ever installed SSFIV:AE , and with it I tried this patch and it worked.

I'm not getting around to finishing another PC project, a project in which I fully plan on having SFIV, SFXT, and SSFIV:AE installed.

Since these are all Capcom games I would just install this patch the same way for each of the games ?
Can anyone confirm ?
No alterations needed ?

I will be using an iPac with it's default coding for my controls.

******** off memory when I used this for SSFIV:AE I installed the patch following the directions for SFIV. I had no issue (that I recall). The info regarding SFXT seems minimal and I'd love this to work **********

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2013, 05:30:16 pm »
An injustice has been perpetrated, starting today.

I'm hoping this one will also work with the xbox pad hack.  Seeing that this game runs on the MKEE engine, this should not be a problem.

I'll hold off a month or two for the price to come down and then snatch it.
"The Manuel"

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2013, 08:57:31 am »
Man, I gotta really step up my PC so I can have MK:KE and Injustice on it!
Having all these games WORKING on one cabinet would be awesome.

brlove

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2016, 12:44:58 pm
  • Full-time father, part-time gamer
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2013, 03:48:40 pm »
I'm having issues getting the xinput.dll to work with Injustice on my PC.  Am I missing something other than placing the .dll and .ini in the 
\Program Files (x86)\InjusticeGodsAmongUs_UltimateEdition\DiscContentPCG folder.

I would really like to get this to work with 2 players on the same 'keyboard' (actually a keywiz)

edit- I got this working using VJoy
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:30:51 pm by brlove »

WakiMiko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2019, 03:17:46 pm
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2013, 12:36:24 pm »
You can have LP (top left button) as accept/select and MP (top middle button) as back in the menus if you set the two buttons to A and B. respectively. Now in game you will have to adjust the controls so A is LP and B is MK.

E.g. i have an ipac with the following layout:
A S D
Z X C

my pad1 config:
[PAD1]
A=A
B=S
X=Z
Y=X
Right Shoulder=D
Right Trigger=C
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right

In game, the buttons are mapped like this:

X LK
Y MK
A LP
B MP
RB HP
RT HK

I haven't tried yet, but you should be able to set up Player 2 similarly.

Note that I only own the original SF4 and don't know if SSF4AE handles things differently.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:41:58 pm by WakiMiko »

monkeychunkuk

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 10:50:05 am
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2014, 03:31:27 pm »
thanks for this

fr_303

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2016, 01:23:36 am
  • 1st cab done!!!
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2014, 11:18:27 am »
Hi
When I change my keyboard layout to show up as "NONE" in custom setup, it works fine. But If I quit the game and go back in it I need to reset the Keyboard to "NONE" again happens each time, is this normal or am I missing something to save the keyboard settings?

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:48 am »
Hi
When I change my keyboard layout to show up as "NONE" in custom setup, it works fine. But If I quit the game and go back in it I need to reset the Keyboard to "NONE" again happens each time, is this normal or am I missing something to save the keyboard settings?

I believe the common practice is to map everything to keys that won't be used.

Spacebound

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 09:30:58 pm
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2014, 01:21:02 pm »
Just wanted to say this fix still works with the new Ultra Street Fighter IV, you just have to rename xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll

TheManuel

• Offline Offline
  • On and off hobbyist
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2014, 01:22:15 pm »
Thanks for the info.
It will come in handy when I upgrade.
"The Manuel"

mike boss

• Offline Offline
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2014, 11:24:40 am »
I really must get my PC done and running ASAP.
I'd love to get this patch working with the entire SF serries (as made available on PC).
Not to mention SF X TEKKEN , MK KE, and INJUSTICE

Thank you all for sharing the info.

bulbousbeard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 25, 2015, 11:58:25 pm
« Reply #111 on: December 21, 2014, 01:04:14 pm »
I'm confused. What's the point of this for Ultra Street Fighter 4? Two players works with my I-PAC with the unmodified game.

strawdog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2021, 04:22:27 pm
  • Working on that perfect Arcade Cab ..
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2015, 12:11:49 pm »
I have an IPAC2 in my arcade cabinet, Ultra SFIV is being weird, i have all controls, set, i can navigate all menus using the arcade sticks HOWEVER once in game, the sticks only registers the up movement.
can anyone help me please!?!

AMDman13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 09:21:58 pm
  • This Cab is going to be the end of me!!
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2015, 02:23:53 pm »
Does anyone know what the minimal resolution is to run SF4 PC?
My old user name was marlborroman13, but I kicked the habit many years ago!

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
640x 480
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

AMDman13

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 09:21:58 pm
  • This Cab is going to be the end of me!!
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2015, 12:34:40 pm »
640x 480
Sweet I'm gonna give it a go. Certainly cheap enough. I have heard that you cab will need to be connected to the internet due to DRM? Is there a patch. I usually don't keep the cab connected to the internet. One less thing to worry about getting a virus or malware.
My old user name was marlborroman13, but I kicked the habit many years ago!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2015, 11:42:01 pm »
Guys I feel really, really dumb for mentioning this now, but I wasn't following this thread closely and thus I didn't realize. 

You guys know this is a proxy dll right?  By that I mean it is NOT a SFIV specific hack as others have discovered already, it's a dll that takes the place of the Xinput dll(s).  Quite brilliant if you ask me.  The only reason I bring this up is because the thread title says it's a street fighter iv hack and because of this I never even bothered to look at it for other games.  I probably would have never known if not for the fact that Badmouth mentioned it in another thread and I thought "huh?" and looked into it.  I'm sure many others have over-looked it as well. 

Long story short, someone needs to change the thread title. 

Also because it's a proxy dll it will potentially work with any game that supports xinput.  If it doesn't first try renaming the dll to an older or more recent version, as the others have suggested.  If THAT doesn't work you can setup a program (easiest would be an ahk script) with admin privileges to help.  All it would need to do is temporarily replace the dll in the syswow64 folder with the proxy dll, and switch them back upon exit. 

You know there aren't many functions in the xinput dll  (I think 4 tops)..... we might be able to write a better version. 

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 06:17:54 am »
Any specific wording that you'd recommend?

Scott

BadMouth

• Offline Offline
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 06:54:00 am »
Howard,
If you scroll through the thread you'll see a thread by TheManuel with settings for all the pc fighting games.  Before switching to hacked fightpads, I used this for most of the steam games on my cab.  The one game it won't work with is Injustice (and I assume mkx).  That requires some type of "hook" setting this old version doesn't support.  I know this because it's basically an old version of x360ce.  We've bugged the x360ce devs to add back keyboard support, but they don't seem interested.  Not sure if it's open source, but if so I'd start there if you're interested.  There is some info in the Injustice thread about which revision of x360ce this is based on.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 05:29:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2015, 01:17:35 am »
Any specific wording that you'd recommend?

Scott

How about 360 gamepad 2 keyboard hack (works for street fighter iv and many other games).