Main > Software Forum

Xbox 360 XInput keyboard hack (works for SFIV, MKK, SFxTekken, Etc)

(1/32) > >>

DeLuSioNal29:
Hello all.  I just thought I’d share some great news!  A member of Capcom-unity forums has posted a patch that allows 2 player keyboard control in SFIV, MKK, SFxTekken, Etc).  PPJOY no longer required!  (Thanks to lingpanda for the link)   It is based on forum user RacerS’ X360 emulator which was later modded by user Viirus.  Capcom-unity forum user pkt has based his SFIV patch on these previous works.  See here for more info:  http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/18347559/SFIV_PC__2_players_on_keyboard&post_num=98#318969416

However, I have made a quick tutorial on how to get it working (for those using PPJOY, please make sure it is not running):

1)   Download the patch linked to this post SF4 Keyboard Patch.zip (it includes these instructions listed on this forum topic) .  It contains both the dll and ini files that you need.  The source files are also included for your convenience.
2)   Unzip the file and copy the two files located in the “dll” folder (x360kb.ini and xinput1_3.dll) into your Street Fighter IV directory next to the executable for the game.
3)   Edit the x360kb.ini file to match your keyboard layout (see readme.txt for usage) (sample listed below for default  ipac and X-Arcade configs).
3a)  IMPORTANT:  When editing the x360kb.ini file, the SF layout follows the following sequence:
       X=(light punch)
       Y=(medium punch)
       Right Shoulder=(heavy punch)       
       A=(light kick)
       B=(medium kick)
       Right Trigger=(heavy kick)

4)   Run Street Fighter IV (no need to configure joysticks in the first option screen)
5)   Make sure your Options for the “Button Config” and “Keyboard Settings” match exactly to the following.  IMPORTANT!:  Keyboard setting MUST be set to “none”

Sample x360kb.ini (for ipac MAME defaults)

--- Code: ---[Options]
UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=1
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=Left Shift
B=Z
X=Left Control
Y=Left Alt
Right Shoulder=Space
Right Trigger=X
D-Pad Up=Up
D-Pad Down=Down
D-Pad Left=Left
D-Pad Right=Right
Back=5
Start=1

[PAD2]
D-Pad Up=R
D-Pad Down=F
D-Pad Left=D
D-Pad Right=G
A=W
B=I
X=A
Y=S
Right Shoulder=Q
Right Trigger=K
Back=6
Start=2

--- End code ---

Sample x360kb.ini (for X-Arcade Mode 1 MAME defaults)

UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=1
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=Left Shift
B=Z
X=Left Control
Y=Left Alt
Right Shoulder=Space
Right Trigger=X
D-Pad Up=num8
D-Pad Down=num2
D-Pad Left=num4
D-Pad Right=num6
Back=5
Start=1

[PAD2]
D-Pad Up=R
D-Pad Down=F
D-Pad Left=D
D-Pad Right=G
A=W
B=E
X=A
Y=S
Right Shoulder=Q
Right Trigger=left bracket
Back=6
Start=2

--- End code ---

Sample x360kb.ini (for Hotrod SE MAME defaults)

UseInitBeep=1
Log=0
BackgroundMode=1
PadCount=2

[PAD1]
A=Left Shift
B=z
X=Left Control
Y=Left Alt
Right Trigger=x
Right Shoulder=Space
D-Pad Up=num8
D-Pad Down=num2
D-Pad Left=num4
D-Pad Right=num6
Back=3
Start=1

[PAD2]
D-Pad Up=r
D-Pad Down=f
D-Pad Left=d
D-Pad Right=g
A=w
B=e
X=a
Y=s
Right Shoulder=q
Right Trigger=Left Bracket
Back=4
Start=2

--- End code ---

Known bugs: The default setting for the ipac has Player 2 button 1 as the letter A.  As such, during the menus, the letter A is hard coded to Player 1’s select button in the menus (A = select B = Back).  So both players can press the letter A during menus.  No biggie in my opinion.

Hope you guys found this tutorial easy.  A lot simpler than using PPJOY (which only worked in a 32 bit OS).

All the info here was used with permission from Capcom-unity forum member pkt.  Thanks again!  I have simply compiled it into an easy to understand, "one-stop" document.
Although this workaround is great, I still encourage everyone to send Capcom a note.  I'm sure if they receive enough requests, they cannot ignore re-examining the possibility of a patch.
  http://www.xgaming.com/support/questions/107/Street+Fighter+IV+-+PC+Setup
Enjoy!

DeLuSioNaL29

** DOWNLOAD IT HERE:
SF4 Keyboard Patch.zip
or here at X-Arcade's website:
http://www.xgaming.com/service/ServiceFiles/X-SF4.zip

lingpanda:
One more minor bug/quirk using the defualt mame keys. Pressing both med punch and kick for player one makes a weird windows sound. I'm not sure if it effects this special move or not. Just a FYI

DeLuSioNal29:
Yeah, I noticed that too.  I turned all of my sounds in windows off so that it's silent.  It does not affect game play though.

What's happening is that button 2 is "ALT" which triggers a windows command when pressed with another key.  So buttons 5  and 6 are set to Z and X respectively.  ie. ALT + Z or ALT + X is being pressed when playing.  SFIV does not recognize these commands, so you hear the windows error "ding" in the background.

D

Sky Zero:
Have been using this for a bit and it seems to work very well with my JPAC, but I noticed a problem last night. When I mash buttons on the player 2 side and try to do a full focus attack with player 1 it comes out right away, doesn't charge or anything.

Funny thing though is the focus attack on player 2 works fine when mashing buttons on the player 1 side.

Has anybody run into this problem too?

EDIT: Fixed it, had the button 2 = M in the JPAC config instead of L ALT and all seems okay now.

Twin-X:
Thank you for this !!!!

For myself i cannot get my U360's to work?
The buttons of my ipac 2 work great.

I have set the ini file to analog but same result as d-pad :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version