Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Video Review: SlikStik Stainless Steel Joystick Handles  (Read 17462 times)

Sasquatch!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2010, 04:11:47 pm
  • Toot-Toot!
    • Arcade Paradise
Re:New Video Review: SlikStik Stainless Steel Joystick Handles
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2003, 12:15:02 am »
Aww, I was hoping that the "one last pointless demo" was you tossing one of the handles in the microwave.  :(

Seriously though, cool video, and I VERY eagerly look forward to the D9200 review.

IIOIOOIOO

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2003, 02:18:12 pm
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2003, 12:15:45 am »
And yet I did not call you a shill. Like I said, that would've been nasty and uncalled for... Overly-sensitive much?

SlikStik-Christian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 04, 2004, 10:28:08 pm
  • Gaming will never be the same...
    • SlikStik Arcade Controllers
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2003, 12:24:39 am »
SHHHHHHH, can't we all just get along!:o
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 12:37:00 am by SlikStik-Christian »
Thank You

Christian
SlikStik Customer Support
http://www.slikstik.com
The Worlds Best Arcade Controllers

IIOIOOIOO

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2003, 12:32:48 am »
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Oh, and just for the sake of the Internet Memory Police, I have no specific beef with SlikStik. In fact, I have purchased different products 2x from them, and have never had catastrophic consequences.

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2003, 01:09:21 am »
IIOIOOIOO - I know what you mean by the fulcrum.  I was merely trying to expain how silly the comparison was.

Anyway... I do think the accusation with kev is a little harsh.

But... I do think that the review is definitely weighted in the wrong direction.

I think the the Tornado spinner for instance is a great product.   Maybe the best spinner ever made... but... A lot of people here are loyal to oscarcontrols because kelsey is a good guy who goes the distance to help the community... and makes a good product line.  

I think some people have a tendancy to weigh thier desigions/ and or Opinions  based on friendships rather than by complete rationality and or objectionality.

I think that Kevs newest review reflects this... tho, I dont think he should be 'stoned' on the message board for it.

Kev... I liked your spinner review... but this review is all wrong.  I think your initial first feelings were correct... loose and sloppy.  I think you need much more testing time to realize this.  Robotron isnt a good test game either... because you cant focus on a single joy.  Also, the game is more of a flowing-rolling type of game.  Try something like mortal kombat and youll have a new opinion of the thing.

hyiu

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2014, 05:36:15 am
  • too many games... too little time....
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2003, 01:56:56 am »
sorry... but have to jump in like this...

but I think some comments are too harsh to kevsteele !!!   >:(   >:(   >:(

I am very much appreciate the comments, reviews, and site Kev has provided.... and if he thinks slikstick has a good product.... I think it is more than ok to say so on his review...

even if you don't think the metal stick is a good product... doesn't mean it is not a good product or others can't think its a good product....

let's be fair.... if you have tested it yourself and you don't like it, plz feel free to write up a review and video and sound track dissing it telling us why you don't like it....

but I don't think we have a right to dis Kev's review saying its biased.....  >:(  >:(

my $0.02 cents....

Another Brilliant mind ruined by education....  :p

KevSteele

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2021, 08:42:43 am
  • Retrogaming Media Mogul in Rehab
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2003, 08:14:17 am »
IIOIOOIOO:

Let's see, you warned me about becoming a informercial guy for SlikStik. Does that not count as a synonym for "shill" ?

Before this spirals out of control (too late?), let me just say I stand by my review -- the joystick handles are just a set of stronger springs away from being excellent. As it is they are very good.

That a couple of you can imply that my review is slanted or biased when you've never even tried out the joystick handles is beyond me.

And yes, I did play more than Robotron (read the review - the written review. I do occasionally play more than Robotron  ;))

Kevin
Kevin Steele, Former Editor and Publisher of RetroBlast! and GameRoom Magazine

IIOIOOIOO

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2003, 10:56:17 am »
Actually I warned you AGAINST becoming a shill. It was a cautionary note, not an admonishment. The english language is a handy tool, when used correctly.

But yes, this is the end of this thread. I'd sing a song for you all, but none of you would hear it.