Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Do I have set diagonals in MAME?  (Read 2197 times)

Grimoz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2018, 02:11:22 am
Do I have set diagonals in MAME?
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:02:55 pm »
Ive just wired my control panel up and it is working good, i just want to ask one question. When in MAME do i have to set the diagonal joystick directions because I cant seem to do it. I have Happ Supers in 8 way mode but its really difficult to get the diagonal directions to register when playing games like street fighter 2. Do i maybe need to adjust something on the joysticks so that it registers both ways?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:37:21 pm by Grimoz »

Thenasty

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:15:03 pm
    • Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical monitor setup.
Re: Do I have set diagonals in MAME?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:17:46 pm »
you probably need to flip the actuator. It's probably set for 4-way.
Thenasty's Arcademania Horizontal/Vertical setup.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=26696.0

Free VGA Breakout Cable
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=38228.0

Ultimate All in One Coin Mech write up (Make your own)
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=19200.0

Grimoz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:12 pm »
Nah its set to 8 way, but i did just notice that the joystick itself is not centred which is quite strange, anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Grimoz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 10:49:59 pm »
Think i may have figured it out, when i installed the joystick I accidently put one of the caps on upside down, i'll have to take it apart and turn it around to see if that helps.  :hissy:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:56:27 pm by Grimoz »

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 08:20:02 pm
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:00 pm »
Think i may have figured it out, when i installed the joystick I accidently put one of the caps on upside down, i'll have to take it apart and turn it around to see if that helps.

When you get it back together, try it out.  If you still think it's soft in the diagonals, keep in mind that the blades on the switches can be tweaked a bit to offer the response you are looking for.  You'll probably find that you won't need to if the stick is assembled properly, but it's always an option.

RandyT

Grimoz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:07:36 pm »
Think i may have figured it out, when i installed the joystick I accidently put one of the caps on upside down, i'll have to take it apart and turn it around to see if that helps.

When you get it back together, try it out.  If you still think it's soft in the diagonals, keep in mind that the blades on the switches can be tweaked a bit to offer the response you are looking for.  You'll probably find that you won't need to if the stick is assembled properly, but it's always an option.

RandyT

Thanks mate, the blades are already sitting pretty good as far as I can tell but if after reassembling properly I dont see any improvement I'll definitely check those out again.