Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Consoles in the Wiki?  (Read 12542 times)

crashwg

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2019, 11:01:05 am
Consoles in the Wiki?
« on: August 31, 2009, 06:37:58 pm »
I've been looking for days now for a list of Dreamcast games that can be rotated on a vertical monitor (such as Ikaruga and Under Defeat) and found very little and I figured that the BYOAC wiki would be a logical place for a list such as that since it's easier to search than the boards.  Heck, even Googling "dreamcast rotate" returns little useful information...

From what I understand about Wikis, I can add the information myself but I wouldn't know where to put it or even if it would be something the community would want in there.

So, what do you all think?  Could someone more familiar with the wiki help me get this info in there?  Maybe just provide me with some guidance as to where to put it...

What I have so far:
Ikaruga
Shikigami No Shiro 2
Under Defeat
Psyvariar
Chaos Field
Triggerheart Exelica
Radilgy/Radirgy/Rajiruji
Karous
Chaos Field
Psyvariar 2
Trizeal
Gunbird 2

*I have not confirmed all the games on this list but would say I'm pretty sure (80%) that they are all rotatable.

In addition to a list such as that might be (when it comes to the DC) hacking the DC controllers and outputting VGA among other things.

Of course this is just the start of what could end up in the Wiki relating to consoles...  There isn't some sub-section of the wiki that I'm missing that has this sort of stuff already is there?  Boy would I feel stupid...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 08:50:48 pm by crashwg »
If there's bees in the trap I'm catching em
By the thorax and abdomen
And sanding the stingers down to a rough quill
Then I dip em in ink, and I scribble a bit
But if it they wriggle then I tickle em until they hold still
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen

crashwg

• Offline Offline
Re: Consoles in the Wiki?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:16:06 pm »
Well, I guess I'll give this Wiki thing a try on my own.  That's what it's all about right?

The only place that really makes sense to me to add this sort of thing is to the "Main Page" though which I'm a little weary of doing since we obviously don't want to clutter it up.  Please, if anyone has a better idea, go ahead and tell me or move it yourself.
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen

crashwg

• Offline Offline
Re: Consoles in the Wiki?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:07 am »
I gotta say, I'm not a big fan of wiki-editing so far.  I just don't feel as though I'm organizing my thoughts in a way that is easily navigated and no too deep (folder structure wise) 

I've added "Using Consoles In an Arcade Machine"
Inside that "Dreacast Video Output Options"
Inside that "Composite, S-Video, SCART and VGA"

Then I realized that the "VGA" page that I just made is just called "VGA" and doesn't contain the rest of the file structure that got you there, so I decided to name them all "Dreamcast & Composite Video, Dreamcast & Etc...) but that looks like ass.

Anyone want to help me clean my mess up and maybe give me a few pointers in the area of wikiing?  I think I'm overthinking this and now I have a headache.  I'm going to bed.
Lemme say it again
In my land of pretend
I use bees as a mf'n pen