Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: dimensions  (Read 11777 times)

trendyscotsman12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2011, 05:11:57 pm
dimensions
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:37:12 pm »
hi

I am struggling to understand the way the dimensions are been laid out in the project arcade book.The whole book is great but a think the layout drawings need bit tweaking

where the cabinet back angled section and the speaker shelf are it is 22inch wide for cabinet and 24inch for the speaker shelf.Now for 4 foot wood there is 48 inches and the way the layout goes the speaker shelf goes to the edge of the wood.but if you add 22 and 24 inch you get 46 inch wich is'nt 4 ft,so for the shelf to be flush to bottom then it would have to be 26inch

is this a typo or should the panal just be 24 inch leaving 2 inch away from the edge?

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
Re: dimensions
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:37:26 pm »
I think you're mixing the width's and height's of the pieces.  If you notice, all of the pieces (including the angled section and monitor shelf) have 26'' long sections, which will be the width of the cabinet.  The 24'' and 22'' measurements are used for the height of the pieces and are all accurate in the layout drawings.  When I built my cabinet, I followed the instructions to the letter and it all came together perfectly.

edit* just re-read what you said and I may have been mistaken about where you were confused although I'm still not entirely clear if I understand you.  Anyways, If you look at the layout on page 23, you can see that in the sections where the speaker panel and angled section are placed, there are 2 extra inches that need to be cut off.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:42:38 pm by AtomSmasher »

trendyscotsman12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 04:01:53 pm »
i re looked at the layout and from counting the inch sqaures i noticed it is 26 inch,although the width is writing at 24 inch. did you cut it at 24 inch

not sure if i have explained this very well sorry

the sound panalon the layout drawing is 26inch by 24 inch.the line at the 24 inch goes from the cabinet back angled section right down to the edge of the wood.how ever right down to the edge is 26 inch not 24 inch.I am just wondering if maybe it a typo.Is it  ment to be 24 inch but the line is wrong or it is ment to be 26inch and the 24 inch is wrong.

AtomSmasher

• I'm happy to fly below Saint's radar
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2022, 03:50:10 am
  • I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    • Atomic-Train
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:18:57 pm »
i re looked at the layout and from counting the inch sqaures i noticed it is 26 inch,although the width is writing at 24 inch. did you cut it at 24 inch

not sure if i have explained this very well sorry

the sound panalon the layout drawing is 26inch by 24 inch.the line at the 24 inch goes from the cabinet back angled section right down to the edge of the wood.how ever right down to the edge is 26 inch not 24 inch.I am just wondering if maybe it a typo.Is it  ment to be 24 inch but the line is wrong or it is ment to be 26inch and the 24 inch is wrong.
Thats odd because on mine it's 2'' short of the edge, putting the line at 24'' wide.  Maybe there was a mistake on the line in some of the books, but I cut my speaker panel at 24'' x 26''

trendyscotsman12

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 06:55:54 pm »
mmmm maybe.

ill just cut mine at the 24 by 26 then

thanks for the help :)