Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: certain videos cause mala to crash. A solution  (Read 3727 times)

danfman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2009, 10:26:45 pm
certain videos cause mala to crash. A solution
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:30:51 pm »
When I scroll through Mala's gamelist as soon as certain game's video starts to play it crashes.  If I don't point to any video folder I have no problem scrolling the lists or playing the games.  Only a handful of gemes cause the crash.  Most of them are the play 10 games (pc_drmro, pc_pwrst), but others like ninja gaiden.  I looked in the gamelist file for the exact rom names and I do have a corresponding avi file for these games.  I've played these files in media player and they play fine.  Don't know why it crashes when you scroll onto the game and the video plays.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:37:08 am by loadman »
"It depends on how you define alone…" –Bill Clinton

SGT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2023, 08:29:42 pm
Re: certain videos cause mala to crash?????????????
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:34 pm »
I think you should try the Mala beta to see if that resolves your issue:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=93974.0

Henrik68000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2010, 01:54:23 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »
I've run all my videos trough Prism video converter. it optimises the videos to the max. The xvid mode the emumovies are in are no the best.

Guide to Prism Video converter. You set the settings in the video prism converter like this: output format: AVI. 'Encoder options': X-vid mpeg 4 codec, sound compresser; uncompressed pcm, sound format (as you like it, but i put it to 8 bit mono as i dont need the sound and this makes the files smaller. The 'edit output' i leave as it is. Now you only need to press 'browse' to find a new folder (that you've already made)to let the program put the final files in. It's a fast program and it works. Even when the new torrent with x-vid format came out some months ago i still had the problem with 2 seconds of blank screen before the video showed up. After running the video files trough Prism Video coverter things worked smoot. If you are using the old torrent then there's a world ín difference and things will work out to the smootest. Try it. You wont regret it.

Taverner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2012, 08:33:17 am
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 01:59:08 am »
Was going to start a new thread for a question but I'll bump this one instead.

Thanks Henrik68000, had exactly the same problem and ran them through the Prism video converter. All working like a charm now :).

Henrik68000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 12, 2010, 01:54:23 pm
Re: certain videos cause mala to crash. A solution
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 09:32:03 am »
That Prism Video Converter is a little dream. If you have trouble with game video's or they start late in the window then run them trough Prism, and they come out as good as they can possible get.
I'm starting a tread with small but usefull programs that makes things so much more easy for us frontend/emu minglers.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=106125.0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 07:03:20 am by Henrik68000 »