Arcade Collecting > Miscellaneous Arcade Talk

SkeeBall Identification

<< < (3/12) > >>

RichSorr:
yeah, everyone in customer service there now is new...they won't be helpful with older stuff. Do you need the actual display or just the red covering?

coyote640:
I need the cover that goes over the bulbs, that give it that digit look when the bulbs are lit.... Like this one -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skeeball-coin-display-cover_W0QQitemZ350243020049QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518c1c5d11&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

I need one that is close to 5"H x 11"W. From edge to edge it might be slightly bigger. But the height of the numbers are around 4 3/4".

You can see from this pic it is missing....

Kevin Mullins:

--- Quote from: RichSorr on August 25, 2009, 08:21:47 pm ---That HAS to be a skee ball cabinet. Doors, runway corner guard, channel covers are all identical. 

--- End quote ---

I agree... But have you seen one with a coin return like that?

--- Quote from: RichSorr on August 25, 2009, 08:21:47 pm ---I am really curious to see where the rest of it came from though, the boards could be deltronics, but I doubt they would produce a board with another companies name on it.

--- End quote ---

But they could be of a Deltronics design or one Deltonics bought out or some other situation like that. You know how smaller companies were always getting eatin' up by others.

coyote640 - I know where one is laying around from an S machine at a location I help tend to on occasion, just haven't made it down there this week. Sorry for the delay.

coyote640:
I know Kevin, just curious is all. I will wait till you are able to get down there to see.

I just came across this.....look familiar?
The pic is on a site that rents machines -

http://www.fourseasonsamusements.com/sports_bar.html

It states that it SkeeBall Alley - A Four Season's Exclusive. It has a little shorter ramp, but this could be a twin to the FAB I have. I think I'll give them a call to see who it was that made the machine for them.

RichSorr:

--- Quote from: Kevin Mullins on August 25, 2009, 10:41:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: RichSorr on August 25, 2009, 08:21:47 pm ---That HAS to be a skee ball cabinet. Doors, runway corner guard, channel covers are all identical. 
[/uqote]

I agree... But have you seen one with a coin return like that?

--- Quote from: RichSorr on August 25, 2009, 08:21:47 pm ---I am really curious to see where the rest of it came from though, the boards could be deltronics, but I doubt they would produce a board with another companies name on it.

--- End quote ---

But they could be of a Deltronics design or one Deltonics bought out or some other situation like that. You know how smaller companies were always getting eatin' up by others.

coyote640 - I know where one is laying around from an S machine at a location I help tend to on occasion, just haven't made it down there this week. Sorry for the delay.

--- End quote ---

Definately possible. When skee ball/deltronics/ptc all split up Deltronics was doing A LOT of boards. I can't recall if I've seen a coin return like that, I didn't even take notice of it.  There are a few things that are different from an actual Classic alley, looks like there is a metal trim on the bottom of the back box, the netting is different, beacon, no sandbags (could just be missing). I see screw holes on the edges of the target board, unless it was done in the field thats not done. solenoid assy is completely different.  Looking at the pictures you posted in your other thread it looks like you can get to the boards through the back? skee balls cabinets are closed. Also doesn't appear to be target board lights. Skee Ball used to build A LOT more than they do today, so the cabinetry could be something they built for another company, or it could just be a pretty good knockoff.

Skee Ball said they didn't have that display cover? When I was there they were fairly good about keeping old classic parts around since there are so many older models in service. Maybe that changed when they got new management.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version