Arcade Collecting > Miscellaneous Arcade Talk

SkeeBall Identification

(1/12) > >>

coyote640:
Please help me with this beast. This SkeeBall machine has a marquee that says "FAB U BALL"... All stickers in the machine are for F.A.B. Electronics Co., Inc. in Pleasantville, NY.
I can't find any info on the machine. The control box inside contains 3 boards.
Was wondering if this was like any of the actual SkeeBall machines H or S?
As you see, the sound board has 2 sets of dip switches. I would like to identify this machine to get hold of a manual.
The machine powers up fine and stays in attract mode, but can't get it to reset to start a game. It has a service switch and a reset switch like some of my arcade cabinets. The ball sensor seems to be working fine, stops the balls after 9 have passed.
Any help is much appreciated...

unclet:
I would call "SkeeBall Inc" in Philadelphia and ask them if they have ever heard of the "F.A.B. Electronics Company" from Pleasantville New York, or whether they could recommend someone in New York to ask about this company.  I mentioned "SkeeBall Inc" since they have been around since 1909 and most likely would know who their competitors were from New York.   Anyway, worth a try.

www.skeeball.com

121 Liberty Ln
Chalfont, PA 18914-1820
(215) 997-8900

Other than that, if you are really desparate, you can try calling electronic stores in Pleasantville New York and ask them if they have ever heard of "F.A.B. Electronics" and see where that leads you.

RichSorr:
interesting. Besides the electronics, the cabinet is damn near identical to a classic alley. I'll be at skee ball tomorrow, I'll have to ask one of the old heads. Any year on it?

Kevin Mullins:
Just missed some manual information on ebay not long ago.
Looks like it has some regular "Skee Ball" stuff in the mix.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270406674205

There was a gal (Liz) at Skee Ball that was helping me find some manuals and such not too long ago, I e-mailed her to ask about this F.A.B. machine. Figure it's worth a shot.
If RichSorr is stopping by there than that would probably be even better.

Curiosity has got me now.

coyote640:
UncleT: Thanks for the input, I definately will try.

RichSorr: That would be great.
On the CPU it says FAB 002 and there is a sticker on one of the chips "FAB U3 1pt 11/15/04.
A sticker on the back reads: "F.A.B. Electronics Co., Inc. Pleasantville, NY 10570."
No serial number, but inside the coin door, it says Property Number:100900 9

Kevin Mullins: Always a day late. For the heck of it, I am going to email guy that sold the manual and see if I can get an email address to whom he sold it too. Maybe I could get them to scan it for me.

I still need the measurements on the LED display cover of a regular 3 digit SkeeBall. Maybe SkeeBall.com will have this info, I will call them tomorrow.

I did redo some wiring, and got the game to reset, just need to figure out the lights schematic, the "GAME OVER" and the "ALLEY OPEN" lights don't work, but it does show the ball number in play, and the score board is changing...

Thanks for all the help guys, keep it coming.... :notworthy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version