Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: IPac - Time Out Error?  (Read 3291 times)

ArcadeFX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2004, 11:16:56 pm
  • All the Dude ever wanted was his rug back!
    • ArcadeFX
IPac - Time Out Error?
« on: February 27, 2002, 01:06:02 am »
I can't get my IPac to reprogram any keys. This was working and now it has stopped.  I have double checked the cables and the jumpers. But like I said it was working.

Anyone else ever had this problem?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re: IPac - Time Out Error?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 07:54:39 am »
btw, whats with the extra A?  If you don't change it, I might have to go register myself with ArcadeFX  :P

Anyway, are you using XP on your new machine or NT/2000?

Did it work on the old machine and not on the new?

Is it working with the current keystrokes?

ArcadeFX

• Offline Offline
    • ArcadeFX
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 08:03:13 am »
The extra a is for aaaaaaaa ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- my IPac stopped working!  ;)

It does work with the current configureation but is it noting that I can use. I need to reprogram it to the correct keys.

Yes, it was working before.  I am using win2k on a new machine. Brand new install of win2k with latest updates applied.

Any idea what is happend.  This is driving me nuts.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2002, 08:11:45 am »
It doesn't work with winNT, 2000 or XP.

Its a driver issue.  The only one that does is MK (and you have to install a driver for it).

you should really consider moving away from 2000.  I have it at the office and get about 1/2 the fps as at home with almost equal equipment.  It really isn't a game machine.

If you are going to do development also, you should try for a copy of XP.  MUCH better solution for gamers who need a real operating system.  

note, by my last sentence I am not stating that Microsoft has released a real opereating system since dos3.3 or am I implying that a real operating system would ever be refered to as a microsoft product.  I appoligize to any real OS's out there that feel that being compared to a windows product is similar to statements about their mother.  I can not be held responsible for anyone installing a microsoft product thinking that my references are fact or that any fact is indeed true.  It must also be added that all information prior to the last statement is also subject to the statements after the last statement and should be held accountable for just such statements and none of the other statements are subject to.  Also, any use of the term Microsoft should be denounced as a TM name and should not be used on products that contain toilet paper or any other butt wiping consumables.

ArcadeFX

• Offline Offline
    • ArcadeFX
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 08:24:35 am »
Looking for win98 now. I have a copy of ME but would rather use second edition 98 if I can find..ah, buy.. it.  ;)

I am not doing any developemtn on this machine and XP doesn't support a lot of PC games so I need to go with 98.

Simaand

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 02:51:12 pm »
Yea 2000 and XP have an FPS problem  search for an FPS fix program  

klutzo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2005, 10:31:21 am
  • VIsit the Klutzoplex! www.klutzoplex. com
    • the klutzoplex
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2002, 01:22:24 pm »
I use WIn98 in DOS mode (Baiscally just DOS then I s'pose...) My Kiosk automagically boots up in "ARCADE" mode in the multiboot after 10 seconds... then goes right into ArcadeOS.

Using a Celeron 300A OCed to 450... Seems fast enuff for alot of the classic games.  =>

klutzo

game geek, ht geek, all round geek

feel free to visit the Klutzoplex!  www.Klutzoplex.com

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Get with the program guys......
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 02:14:42 pm »
I hate to break this to you guys... (brace yourself)  

But......

DOS IS DEAD, WIN 95 IS DEAD, WIN98 IS DYING, AND WIN 2000/ME ARE CRAP!! >:( >:( >:(

ok ok calm down, this is by no means opinon but actual fact.... let me explain....

dos has not been supported by m$ in years.... im not saying it's useless for every app but if you want to keep up with emulation then it is.  Mame works in dos, and it hopefully always will.  Other, newer emus (actually every modern emu released after mame)  only run in windows.  When 3d emulation catches on I doubt it'll be ported to mame directly.  The only way you'll be able to play this games is via some flavor of windows and a modern, win-based, emu.  

Now onto the other os's.....  95.... m$ has, as of a few months ago, officially stopped supporting win 95, no biggie there since no-one uses it anymore.  This means if you upgrade your pc, it dosen't HAVE to work in 95 anymore.  Since m$ is the dominant os, hardware manufacturers are gonna do things m$'s way.  In the next few months win 98 will no longer be supported by m$ same deal here, although it'll take a bit longer for your hardware to become obsolete.  

As for 2000/me their m$'s red-headed step childs and were never meant to be  permenant os solutions.  They were the "in between guys" between 98/nt4 and xp.  They're simply put, imcomplete os's that lack necessary features or in me's case are buggy as crap.  

If your concerned about making your fe/emulator ready for the future and compatable with the most people, then you MUST code it in XP and code backwards comp if you wish.  I'm sorry guys but that's the way it is.

But hey you could always switch to linux... they're all about out-dated, obsolete hardware and software, and being available to the least number of people.
;)

Don't get mad because I speak the truth.

Ok insert beginning of flamewar here.....