Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sanyo 20-Z2AW (Nintendo) monitor to VGA Cable?  (Read 2086 times)

zzaz3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2012, 02:46:49 am
Sanyo 20-Z2AW (Nintendo) monitor to VGA Cable?
« on: August 16, 2009, 12:55:12 am »
I'm trying to convert the monitor to run through a VGA cable, but I'm having trouble.  I'm suppose to find red, blue, green, ground, h-sync, and v-sync.  But I'm not sure where to look or what to do once I find them.

Do I need to discharge the monitor before I try and make the cable?  Or better yet, do they sell pre-made cables anywhere?

Jack Burton

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 11:32:31 pm
Re: Sanyo 20-Z2AW (Nintendo) monitor to VGA Cable?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 02:35:57 am »
search and read my friend.  You will have to do a lot of studying to do this project and I suspect many of your questions will answered in the process.  Read all the stuff in the byoac wiki and you will be much better prepared.

No, you don't have to discharge your monitor for this.  You can buy a pre-made cable that I heavily recommend from ultimarc.com

zzaz3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 01:44:52 pm »
I know what I'm suppose to do now.  I need to make a VGA breakout cable.  I found the cable s that I need to connect too, but they go on someone towards the back near the monitor and it's power supply.  I want to find out where the go to so I can unplug it or whatever, but I'm afraid of getting zapped. 

What should I do?

zzaz3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 02:53:53 pm »
Alright, I found them.  But how do I tell which one is ground and which one is sync? 

I found the pin outs here: http://www.lukesandel.com/videogames/Arcade/Nintendo/Sanyo/20EZ.gif

But I'm having trouble reading it.  Any one know what it means?