Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Neo-Geo SNK MV-LED - Information needed  (Read 3054 times)

Yvan256

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 20, 2017, 08:35:41 am
    • Yvan256
Neo-Geo SNK MV-LED - Information needed
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:24:03 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know the part number of the 7-segment display on those MVS MV-LED boards. A close-up photo of the 7-segment display where the part number is shown would be appreciated. Part number GL7P210 has been confirmed by CheffoJeffo.

I need that information for my MVS99-6 project.

I was able to find this close-up photo:

If you look closely you can see the top half of the silkscreening for the 7-segment part number, and if you look at the reflection you can barely see the bottom half. My guess is GL7P210, which does seem to exist.

However I would prefer to have a confirmation on that part number from someone who actually owns an MV-LED board.

Thanks in advance.

Update: the part number GL7P210 has been confirmed by CheffoJeffo. Now I need help in locating a place that sells CSD-320H, which seems to be the same part number as the GL7P210/CSD-524H but with smaller digits.

I usually order such parts from Digi-Key.ca, however they don't even have Cohsei listed as a manufacturer in their lists. Mouser.com doesn't seem to have this company in their lists either.

Yet another update: After putting Cohsei's web page in a translator it appears that GL7P210 is the Sharp part number and CSD-524H is the Cohsei equivalent part number. Also, Sharp's own website doesn't list any 7-segment LED modules in their LED/Laser catalog, so that's also a dead-end.

I was looking to source the same part but with smaller digits because of the weird surface texture and the square shape of the segments (notice the honeycomb-style pattern in the red and the fact that the top and bottom segments are rectangles with square corners), I guess I'll have to go with a flat surface and pick up and random 7-segment module instead. At least I now have the numbers for the red frequency and brightness of the equivalent part, which is good enough.

Yep, another update again: found new photos of MV-LED boards at HardMVS.com as well as this one:

It seems that SNK didn't stick with one model of 7-segment display (notice how the top and bottom segments don't have square corners) or the manufacturing company changed the shape of the segments along the way. That opens new options for parts while still being faithful to the look and feel of the MVS details.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 05:54:29 pm by Yvan256 »

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Re: Neo-Geo SNK MV-LED - Information needed
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:43:43 pm »
On the MV-LED and  MV-LED2 boards that I have here, it reads as GL7P210.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Yvan256

• Offline Offline
    • Yvan256
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 04:15:02 pm »
On the MV-LED and  MV-LED2 boards that I have here, it reads as GL7P210.

Thank you. Good to know it's the same 7-segment display on both the MV-LED and MV-LED2, too.

Yvan256

• Offline Offline
    • Yvan256
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 09:41:01 am »
Ok, so the part number stays the same but the shape of the segments change from time to time...

I also can't seem to find 7-segment displays that have red segments when in the off state like in the photos above. If you look at the photos, everything is powered off. But the digits are red. And if you look at a typical modern display:

You see that the digits are almost white when they're off, not red.

If you have an MV-LED board, please take a close-up picture of the 7-segment display itself so that we can see the color and shape of the segments and please write the 7-segment part number, just in case some modules used another part number.

It's all in the details.  :cheers:

mvsfan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2016, 08:05:26 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:47:30 pm »
Im somewhat of a collector as well as a mame enthusiast, and ive got the whole neo geo 6 slot electronics setup up on a shelf that i bought years ago from a dude who converted his 6 slot to mame.

bottom line is this anyone who need some neo geo hardware info id gladly post pics if i knew how to do it here. If i hit the button that says post image all i get is this.

It doesnt make any sence to me but then again i never learned html.

im quite good at Irc commands though irc today is a stinking sack of turds i dont even bother with anymore.

Yvan256

• Offline Offline
    • Yvan256
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 02:44:10 pm »
Im somewhat of a collector as well as a mame enthusiast, and ive got the whole neo geo 6 slot electronics setup up on a shelf that i bought years ago from a dude who converted his 6 slot to mame.

bottom line is this anyone who need some neo geo hardware info id gladly post pics if i knew how to do it here. If i hit the button that says post image all i get is this.

It doesnt make any sence to me but then again i never learned html.

im quite good at Irc commands though irc today is a stinking sack of turds i dont even bother with anymore.

You need to upload the image to the server first. I'm not sure how since I put images on my personnal website, but images aside you could look at the part number of the 7-segment module on your MV-LED board, just to see if it's also GL7P210.

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »
When posting, click on "Additional Options".
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None