Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms. Pacman Themed computer case  (Read 2552 times)

zerojosh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 26, 2011, 12:39:38 am
Ms. Pacman Themed computer case
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:23:18 pm »
I wish I had made this "in real life" and not photoshop!

Any tips?

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
Re: Ms. Pacman Themed computer case
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:59:41 pm »
Get the artwork together and have it printed on adhesive vinyl?

There's lots of people here that do that for CP and side artwork. Don't see why it would't work for a case.

I saw one case a guy had paid one of those mall "caricature artists" 100$ to airbrush (but not with a caricature!). It looked fantastic.

Silas (son of Silas)

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2022, 08:37:03 am
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 05:46:21 am »
+1 for the vinyl. Spray the chassis and blanking plates etc and vinyl for the flat areas/graphics.

If you have the vinyl printed up first, get a paint shop to colour match an aerosol can of nitrocellulose to the blue of the vinyl.

I've had colour matched aerosol cans mixed up in the past for various projects, if the shop is any good the colour match is perfect. Here in the UK, there are a number of places that I have used, and they charge around £15 for a 500ml aerosol.
" ਜਿਹੜਾ ਲਾਓ ਜਰਦਾ ਉਹ ਸੌ ਸਾਲ ਨੰਈ ਮਰਦਾ " (he who chews tobacco would live to be a hundred )

My Project MAME clone
Who is Silas?

Turnarcades

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2017, 08:14:29 am
  • Craig @ Turnarcades
    • Turnarcades
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 09:47:10 pm »
This has just given me one hell of an idea. How about a MAME cabinet built into a PC, rather than the other way round for once? Picture it - an ordinary PC, still in it's tower, modified with a screen, flip down control panel but still all the same bays etc. of a normal PC?

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2023, 02:23:57 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:04:01 pm »
How about a MAME cabinet built into a PC

Now THAT would be one hellofa pc mod! I like it! Especially if you could get a big enough tower to house an decent size LCD that would "slide up" from the top while the CP flipped down from the side.

You'd likely have to gut it and replace all the large guts with an atom board, 3.5 hd, and small PS, but it might be doable...