Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: [FS:NY] Rowe CD Player for R90-R94 (R89?) Jukebox Turns 45s into 45s/CD Combo  (Read 3986 times)

MrD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2020, 04:34:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
This is a working CD player that came out of a Rowe R-92 Combo CD/45 Jukebox.

It should work with any 407773-xx computer in the jukebox.  It may work with others. Basically the R90-R-94 Models.  Maybe the R-89? Must have 4 digit selection display.   Selections are made as follows:

100s: Side A (normal)
200s: Side B (normal)
5xyy: CD#x, Track yy.   (Actually x-1,  0=1st CD)

Includes EPROM - not sure this is necessary, but I know there is a difference in how the computer communicated with a Pioneer 6 CD Changer, and a Sony 10 CD Changer, and whether the original EPROM supported CDs at all.

Also, internal communications board (see pic)

Pioneer PD-M403
CD Attenuator (too keep the sound level the same as the 45s, plugs into the audio outs on the CD player)
Computer communications cable (CCC -> CD player) Connects at P5 on your CCC
Audio cable - connects the attenuator to the AUX on your amp.

There is a replacement EPROM if yours isn't configured to correctly use a Pioneer CD player.   You replace the EPROM, and then it loads defaults into your CCC.   You install the included EPROM, similar to the the directions on p. 4 of this document: http://www.cdadapter.com/download/rmcipod.pdf 

It's unrelated, but similar.  The EPROM programming step is the same.

Attached are pcitures of the CD player, the computer (not included just for reference and connections).  Also, you can see on a R-90 that I have, where the CD player is mounted beneath the 45 mech.   Or you could put a shelf over the amp area.  I also have the manual for the CD combo.  Shows how to initialize.  This is for a R-92 Combo, but it's the same for all of them.

$75 for all of it, plus $25 shipping. 

If you live in upstate NY you can come pick it up (near Binghamton).  I can also show you a R-90 with the same setup (also for sale - 45/CD Combo 10 CD Changer $475 but I'll take off $50 from anyone here) See auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270441563236&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

hardcorevideogames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2012, 09:35:35 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Is this still for sale? Im looking for one of these.