Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: interesting pit-fighter with issues  (Read 1029 times)

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
interesting pit-fighter with issues
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:50:05 pm »
i recently bought a couple machines, one of them was a pit fighter in what looks to be a professor pacman cabinet.

anyway a few problems

the game does boot up, it does play, it does have sound..

but some of the graphics are corrupt.

when going into the service menu the screen is red, i do not know if this is normal but i do not think so, my exp previously is from mame, in which case the menu should be black with blue boarder, not red with blue boarder, the manual says if you try to enter the service menu and it is solid red that indicates a work (scratch) ram error.
i dont know if this applies as the menu still appears.. its not solid red screen.

another interesting fact is the game is dated feb 10 1991..
it seems the highest revision on mame is 7, which is dated oct 1st 1990.

which would make this boards program roms newer then what mame has.

this was a conversion kit, i do not know if there is a way to get 3 people on it, however currently it is only setup for 2.. like the japanese 2 player version in mame, which is mostly in english except for the high scores and a few select texts, although clearly this is not a japanese board as it is all in english.

anyway im gonna try to pull and reseat the chips.. see if i can get lucky again.
it's gonna take a while though it's quite a large board.

baring that anyone got some ideas?

Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
Re: interesting pit-fighter with issues
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 02:46:50 am »
well i spent a little over an hour last night carefully pulling and reseating all the chips, even on the sound board..

no go, it did'nt fix the problem.. i noticed today testing it that flexing the board ever so slightly caused it to get worse..

the board was not mounted securely in teh cab it was in.. added with it's size im betting it's seen a lot of flexing in it's life time and has created a bad/lose solder joint, i think i've narrowed it down to a corner opposite of where the sound board sits on top.

im not sure what exactly happen but i blew a fuse on the PS proding with it on trying to find where the lose connection was coming from.

i'll try to hit some of the joints with an iron and try again, if that dont work it's probably beyond my ability to fix.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases