Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hyperotate  (Read 4901 times)

Haterot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2012, 09:27:41 am
Hyperotate
« on: July 29, 2009, 10:20:35 am »
First a huge thanks to DaOld Man for his MROTATE2 program and to BadBoyBill for his Hyperspin FE.

Hyperotate is a vb script I wrote to help with a problem I was having with Hyperspin and my rotating monitor.
Namely Hyperspin doesn't rotate it's view (like Mala can) The setup of Hyperspin is designed for a standard
horizontal layout. Also there was no way already built in to Hyperspin to call MROTATE2.
Using Hyperlaunch (Hyperspins Autohotkey scripting) the rom name is sent to Hyperotate which checks an
ini file of all rom names and their rotating degrees, then calls MROTATE2 with the appropriate command line to
turn the monitor or leave it be, if it's in the right orientation. When you click out of your mame game back to
the FE, MROTATE2 is called again to turn back into the horizontal orientation.

The ini file currently holds over 8300 roms (as of the .133 release) with all their rotation values. Most monitors
are either in the 0 (horizontal) or 90(vertical) position, however you will see rotation values of 180 and 270. I assume this
is a reflection on how the standard monitor for that rom's cabinet was put in. In these cases you will need to use mame's
menu (tab key) to change to the correct orientation. This change should be saved in mame's cfg folder for the next run of the game.
Do not worry MRotate will not try and rotate your monitor 270 degrees. I only send 90 degrees no matter what (unless 0).

I wrote this with Hyperspin in mind, but I see no reason why it could not work with any other Frontend that will let you
call an outside executable with the rom name on game start-up.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope someone finds this useful. My way of saying thanks to the community
who got me hooked on a fantastic hobby.
Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:01:09 pm
Re: Hyperotate
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 04:36:35 pm »
atchment not working for me, can you put this on rapid or mega, thanks

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:54:43 pm »
I too, cannot download it. Its probably something screwy about this site, cause my Mrotate2 wont download either (for me.)
Can you email it to me?

Haterot

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2012, 09:27:41 am
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »
some reason the sites hyperlink is fubar.
copy and paste
http://andrewfallon.com/Hyperotate.zip
Empire had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets