Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How do you reverse the horizotal video for a mirror cab?  (Read 2383 times)

Yohan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2022, 07:33:57 pm
How do you reverse the horizotal video for a mirror cab?
« on: July 25, 2009, 10:41:01 am »
So I am getting a T2 cab and I am not sure how to make the monitor show up correctly in the mirror.  In this cab the monitor sits facing up and the image is displayed in a mirror.  I thought maybe the software program 'powerstrip' could do it but I couldn't find the setting.  I need a 25" monitor and I'm not sure if I should go with an LCD tv or a an arcade monitor. 

I think mame can display a game in mirror mode but I would really like to have the menu system and all of windows display in mirror mode.  Any one have any ideas?   Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 11:29:52 am by Yohan »

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician

Yohan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2022, 07:33:57 pm
Re: How do you reverse the horizotal video for a mirror cab?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 11:39:02 am »

Does anyone have any advise on a good 25" arcade monitor to buy.  Also do all arcade monitors work fine sitting up?  Cocktail mode I guess it might be called.

Nipedley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2017, 12:22:06 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 11:52:01 am »
The standard monitor in the T2 cab is a 25" WG K7000. Mine had a K7197 in it I believe, though that blew up a few years ago. Any monitor should work fine in that position. As for mirroring images that guide that Ken showed is a good'un though at least on 2 of my chassis there is actually 2 yoke connector's on the board, one for regular and one for mirrored. It's possible the monitor you buy will have that too :)

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 02:42:33 pm »
Does anyone know if MAME can actually reverse the image so that it will APPEAR normal when viewed through the mirror?  I'd like to find a software solution, since I will be using a computer monitor.

I know that the FE Maximus Arcade has an inverse option built in, but that's only for the FE itself, not MAME.

Thanks in advance!

DeLuSioNaL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:39:41 am »
Does anyone know if MAME can actually reverse the image so that it will APPEAR normal when viewed through the mirror?  I'd like to find a software solution, since I will be using a computer monitor.

I know that the FE Maximus Arcade has an inverse option built in, but that's only for the FE itself, not MAME.

Thanks in advance!

DeLuSioNaL

Of course, silly:

Display tab>flip screen left-right

-above that is-

flip screen upside-down
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.