Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issues with Gauntlet dedicated cab  (Read 2747 times)

tonyh22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2012, 06:35:42 am
Issues with Gauntlet dedicated cab
« on: December 12, 2010, 02:09:56 pm »
I acquired a Gauntlet Legends and it played fine for a week or so and now it will reset while playing. When I say reset, I mean like someone pulls the power and plugs it back in. It looks like the power supply has been changed out before. Also, I have ran a self test on the board and everything appears fine. I have through;y cleaned the inside of dust and made sure they fans are working properly. Has anyone had this issue or have any idea of what might be going on? Thank you.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Re: Issues with Gauntlet dedicated cab
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 02:50:50 pm »
Something is heating up and eventually reaches a point where it stops functioning. Could be as simple as a cold solder joint or more complicated like a failing chip.
NO MORE!!

tonyh22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2012, 06:35:42 am
Re: Issues with Gauntlet dedicated cab
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 07:17:22 am »
Thanks for the reply, I think I may have found the problem. I check the voltages on the power supply and whomever had it before me had the +5 voltage up around 5.7v. I adjusted the power supply down to 5v and then hard drive had issues trying to boot up. I then bumped the voltage to 5.17 and now it's running like a champ and haven't had any issues at all. Now on to restoring my MK2 cab. (tons of work here)