Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ms Pacman Cocktail table restortation problem - constant reset  (Read 3691 times)

tkebean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2010, 11:32:29 am
Ms Pacman Cocktail table restortation problem - constant reset
« on: December 17, 2010, 01:37:18 pm »
Hello all,

Currently I'm working on restoring an original Ms Pacman coctail table.  I nearly have the insides all fixed up but I have one issue left that I can't figure out for the life of me.

Here's the problem:

When I turn on the game, I see the startup grid screen.  About every half second or full second, the game resets.  The screen flashes and back to the grid screen.  If I have the game in service mode, all I see on the screen is the DIP switch settings and again, it constantly resets.  With every reset, the counter on coin door goes up 1.

What I know:

• The problem exists if I have the coin door connected or not.
  • I've measured the voltage on every chip on the board.  Every chip, except for 1, is getting between 4.96 and 4.98 volts.  The one chip that is not getting the correct voltage is the chip at 3D and it's getting about 4.32 volts.

I've checked Lawnmowerman.rotheblog and didn't find much help with this specific problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be or what else I could test to figure out this problem?

Thanks for any help!