Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: High Score When Resetting (F3) Game  (Read 900 times)

RetroBorg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
High Score When Resetting (F3) Game
« on: July 14, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »
It used to be possible in earlier versions of MAME to reset (F3) a game and the hi-scores would still remain but for sometime now when you reset, the high scores clear.

Is there a way to reset and keep the scores still?

MKChamp

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 02:45:53 pm
  • Stil around.
Re: High Score When Resetting (F3) Game
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 06:26:25 pm »
I don't think so. F3 does just like you said. Resets the game and the score tables are initialized...then when the game shuts down it saves off the data.

Sucks when you have a great score...did anyone see the post (I think at mameworld) about the glitch in galaga that lets you play briefly in the demo? Well, I wanted to see it for myself and sure enough you could control the ship...but it causes the game to 'reset' which made it lose my 637,235 hiscore. Call me cheesy, but I manually modified the galaga.hi file to put my score and initials back in.

RetroBorg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 09:22:13 am
  • Your arcade games will be assimilated!
Re: High Score When Resetting (F3) Game
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »
Call me cheesy, but I manually modified the galaga.hi file to put my score and initials back in.

I've edited high score files to put back my high scores after someone has pressed F3.  ;D