Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sharp XM-200IN centering problem  (Read 1727 times)

Chunce DeLeone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2012, 02:58:11 pm
Sharp XM-200IN centering problem
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:35:08 pm »
I have a 19inch vert  Sharp XM-200IN.  The image is good but it likes to hang/stay a little to the right.  When I try to center it with the V-hold it almost gets centered but then starts flying to the left over and over and over.  What is the cause of this symtom?  Bad caps, is the gun not aimed right? 

Chunce DeLeone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2012, 02:58:11 pm
Re: Sharp XM-200IN centering problem
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 08:05:09 am »
Figured it out, there is a black knob off on its own that moves the screen horizontally.  Can't believe it was that easy.  The only other problem i am having now is that on certain games, like Ms. Pacman, the bottom or top is cut off a little.  You can't see the whole cherry or "credits" at the bottom of the screen.  Looks like overscanning, but i am wondering if there is a knob for that as well, or is that software driven.