Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: wiring two interfaces to controls at the same time - with switch for ground?  (Read 921 times)

cptnwhlz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2016, 11:02:27 pm
I have some hacked 360 controllers and an old ipac.  I wired both up separately, then tried wiring them at the same time (with terminal strips) and having a dpdt switch. It worked for awhile, then i left for awhile, came back, and no dice.  I tested both interfaces with a wire on the contacts themselves so i know i didnt kill the xbox controllers, and them ipac seems okay.  I even tried putting them both in grounded, and just unplugging the ground on the xbox controller, but i cant get the xbox controller to work!

all points on the controller are plugged into a terminal switch which plugs into the buttons.  The ground wires are all wired together.

i think somehow the ipac is shorting the whole circuit, even when it isnt grounded?   No clue whats up at this point.

interestingly enough the trigger buttons will sometimes work with this configuration, but they often do not as well?