Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Xlobby skin (now with shoutcast radio)  (Read 18851 times)

bsellers100

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2018, 05:46:46 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
Re: My Xlobby skin (Now available in Bubble gum flavor)
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
This looks great!  However, I am only able to download the pink version, and I would much prefer the blue one.  Can you check the link again?

orion

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
This looks great!  However, I am only able to download the pink version, and I would much prefer the blue one.  Can you check the link again?

Ooops, looks like I forgot to change the link in the first post in the thread! Here is the link... enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzzyxyludrm/orion XLS8.zip

bsellers100

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:40 am »
Thanks for the quick response.  The link is now working.  Now I have a question for you.  I am using the freeware version of Xlobby2, but this skin does not seem to work at all.  When I start up Xlobby, it just comes up with a black screen and does nothing.  Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 12:02:20 pm »
I'm going to send you a PM shortly, one that will make all this easy!

bsellers100

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 12:05:46 pm »
Orion, I think I figured it out.  I re installed xlobby from your download.  That version seems to work.  Thanks.

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin (n with shoutcast radio)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »
My wife wanted to be able to listen to some Christmas music after Thanksgiving and I only have two crappy Christmas CD's to choose from..... so I added Shoutcast Radio to the skin. Someone had written a plugin for shoutcast so that's why I chose it as my net radio choice. A few things have changed in getting it up and running so please read the "notes" in the DL. Happy Turkey Day, and Merry Christmas!

Orion9c: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:17:32 pm by orion »

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin (now with shoutcast radio)
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 11:18:31 pm »
Looks like there are a few issues with the Xliveshout plugin. If you haven't installed this yet, please don't update the folder "databases" If you tried following my instructions, and are having issues and not getting it to work, simply delete all the Xliveshout databases from the data bases folder, it will recreate its own databases the next time you restart Xlobby. Some of the Genres weren't working in the original database that the plugin generates, (2 years old and all) and it also was missing a Christmas genre, so I had modified the Xliveshout genre database. However doing so seems to have created some weird issues elsewhere in the skin, as well as it apparently makes for a hit or miss installation.  At any rate, I'm going to have to hijack the plugins search feature and create a working "genre search bar" that way. It's going to take me a little bit of time, and is kinda of a PITA frankly, but I will have it running soon! 

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »
OK this should all be fixed now. No need to configure the Xshout pluggin, however you will want to configure both weather plugins. The Xweather pluggin takes about 5 min or so to add a forecast so be aware of that when you configure it for the first time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:20 pm »
Someone requested a no thrills version, so here it is. This is just the main jukebox.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmmkdmmqamj/Orion Simple.zip

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2017, 07:30:23 pm
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »
Im thinking of making a touchscreen jukebox and this software look amazing! I tried it and im having some issues. The computer im installing it on is a dell GX280 p4 2.8. It all loads ok and the weather works fine, the only issue im having is the most important and its when i got to open the music or the pictures. I get a white screen with a red x and a error. What am i missing or needing to do?? I was thinking maybe its my computer(to old or to slow)

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »
Im thinking of making a touchscreen jukebox and this software look amazing! I tried it and im having some issues. The computer im installing it on is a dell GX280 p4 2.8. It all loads ok and the weather works fine, the only issue im having is the most important and its when i got to open the music or the pictures. I get a white screen with a red x and a error. What am i missing or needing to do?? I was thinking maybe its my computer(to old or to slow)

You just need to setup Xlobby. You will first need to make sure you have winamp installed. Then you will need to tell Xlobby where winamp is and also where your music and picture paths are. You will also want to turn on the sounds for the buttons and also tell it to load http on start up. To get into the configuration settings hit the "controls" button. A password keyboard will pop up. The password is "0". Select "xlobby setup". There is also a guide I included and it should walk you though the steps in configuring Xlobby. If you have anymore issues let me know and I will try and help as best I can.

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 01:23:05 pm »
It took me a few days to get a chance to even play with this, but even after i configured what you said and loaded winamp and directed it to the music folder....i still got the same error. 

Im not sure what exactly is going on. I loaded the software on my other computer and i am able to use everything fine. Any idea's

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:35 pm »
It took me a few days to get a chance to even play with this, but even after i configured what you said and loaded winamp and directed it to the music folder....i still got the same error. 

Im not sure what exactly is going on. I loaded the software on my other computer and i am able to use everything fine. Any idea's

Let me ask you, did you hit the "import" buttons for music and photos, and let Xlobby create the music and photo databases?

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:02 pm »
yes i did that... same issue. Have you ever seen the white screen with the red x before?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59:30 pm »
yes i did that... same issue. Have you ever seen the white screen with the red x before?

Oh yes, all the time though usually when I'm editing the skin, and messing around with my databases. It does that mainly when you don't have the database's setup at all and since it's doing it for music and photos I was assuming that you hadn't set Xlobby up correctly. You do have your music and photos on the machine you have Xlobby on right? I have never tried it over the network so I'm not sure that will work. Are you using the version with shoutcast radio? I was having issues with a plugin with the first version I did. If you downloaded that version then you might have some issues, as I discovered that getting it to install was hit or miss. Try this one, and let me know how it goes. http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip I have only tested it on one machine and tomorrow I was going to install it on my juke (I got the other version working just fine which is why I haven't tried it yet) It should work, as I did some tricks with the search feature rather than try and fight the plugin like I was doing before. Anyway, I would suggest deleting Xlobby and starting over from scratch, using Orion9c. If that doesn't work uninstall Xlobby again and try the version without, as I haven't had anyone report any issues with it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzzyxyludrm/orion XLS8.zip

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 08:32:53 pm »
Well the orion9c worked! I got the music to work. Although it did freeze up when i tried to import the music path. I have to restart my comp a few times before it worked. It is also runner slower. I wonder if i should select fast option in the control panel? The odd thing is i cant get it to work with the photos. Is there certain pictures it wont read? like in the music..mp3 is all i am able to load up...so i was thinking maybe it wont read .jpg pics??

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 09:56:58 pm »
Well the orion9c worked! I got the music to work. Although it did freeze up when i tried to import the music path. I have to restart my comp a few times before it worked. It is also runner slower. I wonder if i should select fast option in the control panel? The odd thing is i cant get it to work with the photos. Is there certain pictures it wont read? like in the music..mp3 is all i am able to load up...so i was thinking maybe it wont read .jpg pics??

I'm glad it's working for you! I'm not sure what selecting the fast option would do on a slower machine, it wouldn't hurt to try.  There is probably nothing wrong with the album art, and more than likely how Xlobby is configured. I'm assuming you have your album art in the folders as apposed to embedded in the MP3? If this is the case see this thread, and follow the instructions, it should fix that problem. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96557.0

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2009, 06:07:55 pm »
That did the trick...it was just that option in the control panel i needed unchecked. Ok its been playing perfectly all day...up untill i was showing it off to a friend and they went into the online radio and clicked on one of the stations and it locked up winamp. I restarted and it worked fine then after looking several stations we found another that it locked up on. Its odd cause its winamp that locks up and not xlobby. So any ideas?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:42 pm »
That did the trick...it was just that option in the control panel i needed unchecked. Ok its been playing perfectly all day...up untill i was showing it off to a friend and they went into the online radio and clicked on one of the stations and it locked up winamp. I restarted and it worked fine then after looking several stations we found another that it locked up on. Its odd cause its winamp that locks up and not xlobby. So any ideas?

Doesn't it always happen that way...the moment you try and show something off, it crashes on you. To answer your question, yes I have had that happen to me a few times. It seems to have stopped doing that so I haven't really thought about it. I also noticed that one station in particular seemed to do it. It happened to me once just going straight to shoutcast.com. Now I haven't had it happen to me at work. I have been piping in a Christmas music station and playing that though out the building. I'm pretty sure I'm running a 2x version of winamp. Try googling "old versions of winamp" and try out different versions. I think Xlobby will work with the old 2x versions. I can't guarantee this will work as I really don't know whats going on with shoutcast crashing winamp, but that would be the first thing I would try.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 11:43:59 pm »
I just had another idea for my jukebox, though this seems like it could just prove to be more of a gimmick than useful. Has anyone ever played around with this winamp plug in? Any thoughts on this idea???

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-voice-control/148315

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

ex_directory

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2015, 08:54:20 am
  • The only game I ever completed... so far.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »
Orion, awesome skin  8) Have been playing with it for the last couple of days after deciding to build a jukebox for the wall in the kitchen. Fortunately my htpc sits the other side of the wall and already has a dual output vid card. So with touch screen panel kit and new 17" monitor on order I am dangerous!

I am planning on tweaking your skin (if you don't mind) to add a browser with an onscreen keyboard (no controls in the kitchen except the touch screen). I saw another post where you had the same idea - did you make any progress with this?

I have a few other questions for you but planning on playing with your skin and xlobby for another couple of days as I hope to answer them myself. Ex
My kitchen cab is progressing here

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 10:13:36 am »
Orion, awesome skin  8) Have been playing with it for the last couple of days after deciding to build a jukebox for the wall in the kitchen. Fortunately my htpc sits the other side of the wall and already has a dual output vid card. So with touch screen panel kit and new 17" monitor on order I am dangerous!

I am planning on tweaking your skin (if you don't mind) to add a browser with an onscreen keyboard (no controls in the kitchen except the touch screen). I saw another post where you had the same idea - did you make any progress with this?

I have a few other questions for you but planning on playing with your skin and xlobby for another couple of days as I hope to answer them myself. Ex

I'm glad you like what I've done with the skin. Feel free to modify it however you wish, it's not all mine anyway, as it's a modified Colby skin. He had made it for people to change, and the majority of the work I did on it was getting the jukebox working well. There is already a page in it called "webbrowser". You can start with it to get the internet working. I had made a virtual keyboard for it and posted it in another thread. Someone suggested giving another free keyboard a try, but I've been to busy lately to try it out. It's just a matter of modifying this screen to your liking and then creating a button that launches a virtual keyboard. If you are interested I have also figured out how to launch Mame games with it. You will need to download Rom2lobby http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3530 and then point Xlobby to the Mame exe. I managed to get it running with mame32v86b. To do this you just follow the instructions found on the Rom2lobby website to create your database and then create a category in the skin editor and point that to the database rom2lobby created. Next you will want to assign a "click on" event for the catagory screen, that launches Mame and make sure the argument is the following "%mame>parameter% -joy -skip_disclaimer -skip_gameinfo -resolution 800x600x32 -noverbose" This doesn't work with newer versions of Mame, I'm not sure what the arguments would be to get newer versions of Mame to launch the game. The only thing is that with a touch screen you have no admin buttons, but I suppose you could assign a few to the joystick. Have fun with it, and feel free to share it if you wish.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »
Mountain, I made those changes just for you buddy! Check your messages if you haven't already done so!

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 04:01:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2022, 11:19:19 am »
does anybody know the control password for colbyskin2.