Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Xlobby skin (now with shoutcast radio)  (Read 18746 times)

orion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2022, 03:58:03 pm
My Xlobby skin (now with shoutcast radio)
« on: June 15, 2009, 06:59:52 pm »
I am currently working on a wall mount touchscreen jukebox project (I will probably create a post in project announcements eventually) that has to meet certain W.A.F criteria in order for me to be allowed to place it in my kitchen/ living room area. One of the features that I had to include in it in order to sell it to my wife was a picture frame program. After following Mountains now infamous Bartop jukebox  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=79817.0 I discovered Xlobby. It seemed to meet the requirements of providing a photo viewer and a jukebox, however after downloading  the old free version of it and installing the skin that Mountain was using I quickly realized something about Xlobby……. the jukebox side to it SUCKS!  Because of this, I quickly learned how to make Xlobby launch other programs so I began trying out Jukebox software and even though I really liked “Album Player” and “E-touch” It didn’t make a whole lot of sense to me to be going about things this way, it just seemed easier to be able to just use one program. So after some searching on the Xlobby website I found a skin that was close to what I wanted, ColbySkin2 http://xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=39696#39696 This skin is really slick and according to the author, he wrote it so that people could learn how to skin Xlobby with it and modify it to their own needs.  Using this skin I created what I consider an acceptable Jukebox player…. but it took some major doing. Laying things out and creating nice looking buttons for it was pretty easy, however getting Xlobby to behave like you think it should takes some doing. I have been working on this skin for over a month and I finally have gotten it to a point where I think the jukebox aspect to it is pretty acceptable. Besides changing the layout around, I added a now playing screen and an itunes style cover flow view. One of the cool things about this player that the original Colby skin had in it is the ability to add an entire album to the playlist by clicking on the artists name ……anyway I have posted some screenshots and found a site that I can upload it to, so if anyone wants to give it a try they are more than welcome to it.  I didn’t take out any of the functionality of the original skin, I just deleted the links to what I didn’t want to use from the main menu so if you want to listen to net radio or use it to launch MAME it’s all still there.

EDIT: If anyone is having problems with album art in folders, please see this thread
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96557.0

EDIT: FIXED A FEW BUGS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzzyxyludrm/orion XLS8.zip

New Bubble gum Flavor

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehmjymmo0dm/PinkOrion.zip

With Shoutcast :http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:16:29 pm by orion »

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:50:37 am »
I have done some updating to my skin. I have made some updates to the functionality of the coverflow. You can now jump ahead alphabetically which makes using it a lot easier. The weather section isn't updating the 5th day forecast right now for some reason, but it was down entirely for a week or so. I am leaving it as is in the hopes that it will resolve itself sometime soon. I have also had reports of folks having problems with it, so I have included the last free version of Xlobby (which they still support on their forums) as well as guides and instructions. The only thing needed in addition will be the latest version of Winamp. Let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:58:40 pm by orion »

mountain

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 11:42:28 am
    • Mountain Jukeboxes
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:14 am »
Damn nice work orion! I look forward to playing with this version. The skin looks great!  :cheers:

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:01:49 am »
Damn nice work orion! I look forward to playing with this version. The skin looks great!  :cheers:

Thanks Mountain  :) Hope you enjoy it!

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:59:23 pm »
I got tired of waiting for the 6 to 10 day forecasts to reappear with the weather plugin, so I redid the weather section accordingly. I also added night time forecasts while I was at it. The plugin or Weather . com's weather feed is still acting a bit buggy however. Sometimes its showing all the data, sometimes not.

EDIT: Seems I forgot to change the "dayicon" to "nowicon". I fixed it so that it should give the current weather icon.
New link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyjd2nmdohw/orion XLS8.zip

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:28:57 am by orion »

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 06:39:02 pm »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:28:28 am by orion »

mountain

• Offline Offline
    • Mountain Jukeboxes
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:02:02 pm »
Damn! You have been busy! I am waiting for a better PC for my in wall juke before I can test your latest skin. Looking forward to it though.

:cheers:

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 08:23:57 pm »
Damn! You have been busy! I am waiting for a better PC for my in wall juke before I can test your latest skin. Looking forward to it though.

Yea, I've got some time invested in this for sure, however I'm starting to run out of things to do to it! I am still trying to figure out a work around with that one issue I am having with the search feature in coverflow. Other than that I am pretty much done with it (unless of course I dream up something else to get it to do) So I take it you are still having some issues getting it to run? It runs just fine for me on an old dell with a 1.6ghz processor and a gig of ram. I'm at a loss  :dunno

mountain

• Offline Offline
    • Mountain Jukeboxes
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 10:42:55 pm »

Yea, I've got some time invested in this for sure, however I'm starting to run out of things to do to it! I am still trying to figure out a work around with that one issue I am having with the search feature in coverflow. Other than that I am pretty much done with it (unless of course I dream up something else to get it to do) So I take it you are still having some issues getting it to run? It runs just fine for me on an old dell with a 1.6ghz processor and a gig of ram. I'm at a loss  :dunno

It is a memory problem. Actually got an error stating that I ran out of memory. It is an old HP 1.4? with only 256mb of ram. I will post as soon as I can upgrade the RAM, swap the computer completely, or reload windows. Not enough time in the day!  :dunno

Encryptor

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2023, 08:01:18 pm
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 10:46:10 pm »
mountain,

What model HP is it? What kind of memory does it use? How many slots does it have?

Encryptor

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:41 pm »

It is a memory problem. Actually got an error stating that I ran out of memory. It is an old HP 1.4? with only 256mb of ram. I will post as soon as I can upgrade the RAM, swap the computer completely, or reload windows. Not enough time in the day!  :dunno

I can relate to not having enough time in the day! Having kids will do that.  Are you running XP on that PC? Tiny XP perhaps? I have an old dell laptop with about that processor spec that maxed out at 512 MB. It got to the point that It would barely run a fully updated install of XP anymore at all, much less any applications. I got so annoyed with it that I decided to run Ubutu on it. It works great as a large netbook.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:03 am »
Sick!  I will definitely be using this skin when I configure my jukebox (if I ever finish it!).   :cheers:

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:24 pm »
Sick!  I will definitely be using this skin when I configure my jukebox (if I ever finish it!).   :cheers:

I'm glad you like the skin! I've been following your build, and I must say I'm wondering who's going to finish sooner, you or pixlehugger!???  ;D Nice looking juke when your done with it I must say  :cheers:

Aceldamor

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2019, 05:10:51 pm
  • You know you hear the music in your head...
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 05:44:44 pm »
Very Cool indeed!! I have a space in my house that will support a in wall juke....this may be a tempting reason to actually build it!

One question: Is the font fixed or can it be changed to something else?
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a woman!

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:28:40 am
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 05:51:19 pm »

I'm glad you like the skin! I've been following your build, and I must say I'm wondering who's going to finish sooner, you or pixlehugger!???  ;D Nice looking juke when your done with it I must say  :cheers:

Thanks!  It's actually pretty much done (it works) but I've been procrastinating because I have to remake the back panel and I'm out of laminate and it's expensive.  I also have to order the marquee which is also expensive.  I want to finish it sometime before the weather gets cold again (November?)...   :cheers:

reko19

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 27, 2024, 12:43:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 08:29:36 am »
Came across this thread yesterday. Test-drove it last night. Great work, one of the best skins I've seen. :applaud: Couple suggestions, if I may. First, when you have multiple albums of the same artist it jumps straight to  the first album song selection window. I think it would be nice to just see all the available albums and to choose one you want to play which in turn would bring the song selection window. Also, was not able to figure what is the purpose of a tack under the playlist slider. And last comment is that it took me a while to figure out how to play the whole album. I think it would be better to have the whole area on top of a window as an active control.  Once again, great work by far better than anything I could come up with.  Thank you for making available for download.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 02:01:18 pm »
Came across this thread yesterday. Test-drove it last night. Great work, one of the best skins I've seen. :applaud: Couple suggestions, if I may. First, when you have multiple albums of the same artist it jumps straight to  the first album song selection window. I think it would be nice to just see all the available albums and to choose one you want to play which in turn would bring the song selection window. Also, was not able to figure what is the purpose of a tack under the playlist slider. And last comment is that it took me a while to figure out how to play the whole album. I think it would be better to have the whole area on top of a window as an active control.  Once again, great work by far better than anything I could come up with.  Thank you for making available for download.

I'm glad you are enjoying the skin. I am assuming that you mean that in the coverflow view it jumps straight to the first album song selection window, as in it jumps to the first album cover of the artist. I have the skin set to jump to artist first and then to album. If there is no data in the tag for the album, then it will just jump to the first album of the artist. I am relying on a plugin for this that was written back in 97. It works great, however I have noticed some things about it that are a bit gimpy... for example it can be slow to find the cover and then jump to it. The tack under the playlist spider will jump the playlist back to the now playing song. If you have a large playlist with multiple pages in it, and are on page 120 for example but would like to jump back to page 5 where the now playing song is located, it will do that.  It's probably not all that necessary, but it's a feature I personally like to have. I agree that it could be a bit more obvious to select an entire album, thanks for the suggestion I will work on that when I have a moment to do so.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 02:08:04 pm »
Very Cool indeed!! I have a space in my house that will support a in wall juke....this may be a tempting reason to actually build it!

One question: Is the font fixed or can it be changed to something else?

Sorry the font is fixed to impact. It can be changed, but every single item would have to be changed individually and that would take quite to do!   :dizzy:

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 02:51:14 pm »
Ok, makes sense with the tack jumping to the "playing now" song. here what I was referring to on the other point. I have directory setup as artist/album 1; artist /album2; artist/album3.  when you are on the main music screen (not the coverflow) and click on any artist that has multiple albums it opens up a second screen with all albums for this artist and immediately jumps to the playlist window for first album on the list. If I want to select album 2 I have hit exit button and then select the album I want to play. An alternative is not to have multiple albums for the same artist "nested", which might be the way you have it configured.

click on the artist that has multiple albums:

first album playlist popup, exit out

select album you want to play

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:33:14 pm by reko19 »

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 03:55:46 pm »
Ok, makes sense with the tack jumping to the "playing now" song. here what I was referring to on the other point. I have directory setup as artist/album 1; artist /album2; artist/album3.  when you are on the main music screen (not the coverflow) and click on any artist that has multiple albums it opens up a second screen with all albums for this artist and immediately jumps to the playlist window for first album on the list. If I want to select album 2 I have hit exit button and then select the album I want to play. An alternative is not to have multiple albums for the same artist "nested", which might be the way you have it configured.

I see what you mean, and it shouldn't be doing that. The first screen should have all the albums listed, all of your Dave Brubeck albums should be listed along with every other album of every other artist. The second window should only open up when you select an album from the main window. The third window, you should only be seeing when you use the search feature for artist. I notice that you are using one of my older versions this shouldn't have an affect on it however, but you never know. I think you have an issue with your music data base. If you go under xlobby setup then to data base, then clic on the import tab you should see a drop down menu with "movies" higlighted. Select music and see if yours is configured like the following picture. It looks to me like Xlobby doesn't like the way you have your music configured. Try playing around with this menu option and see if it fixes things for you. Hope this helps!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:57:30 pm by orion »

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 04:54:16 pm »
I actually preferred to have "nested" structure. This way I have a lot less scrolling to do to get to the artist. So I have artist > albums selected on purpose. It is not a big deal to exit out from the window and go back to the album I want to listen to under Dave Brubeck. I just pointed this out in case you want to "perfect" your creation, not trying to criticize here, you did a very good job. Regards.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 11:44:30 pm »
I actually preferred to have "nested" structure. This way I have a lot less scrolling to do to get to the artist. So I have artist > albums selected on purpose. It is not a big deal to exit out from the window and go back to the album I want to listen to under Dave Brubeck. I just pointed this out in case you want to "perfect" your creation, not trying to criticize here, you did a very good job. Regards.

I still don't see why it would be jumping to that second page like that, it should only do that when you select a particular album. When I have some time I will set up mine with the artist>albums view. Also, if you don't mind downloading my most current skin and seeing if that works for you. There is a possibility that there is something going on with a feature in Xlobby called "snap track" What this does is keeps the now playing song on screen. Or I should say it advances the playlist page on track changes. I have the skin set to enable it when it boots up, and at various points you have to set it to turn off and on again, otherwise some weird things start to happen. I think there was a version I had out for a few hours that I had something awry going on with it, but I didn't catch it when I posted the skin.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 12:48:44 am »

Thanks!  It's actually pretty much done (it works) but I've been procrastinating because I have to remake the back panel and I'm out of laminate and it's expensive.  I also have to order the marquee which is also expensive.  I want to finish it sometime before the weather gets cold again (November?)...   :cheers:

So let me get this straight, you haven't finished this yet because you are waiting around for funds for laminate and a marquee..... I can't help you with the marquee, but as it turns out I just finished laminating my jukebox with some black iron on melamene from parts express http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-031 I have a sheet left over that's about 24x56, and it can be yours for the low, low price of $0.00! All I would ask is that you pay for shipping and that you can be patient as it might take me a while to get to the post office. Between work, taking care of my 10 month old and seven year old sons, building my jukebox, this skin, keeping my wife from killing me because I am spending way to much time on this jukebox and oh yea, I have to pressure wash and stain my deck this weekend...it's hard to find time to do anything else! If your interested in it and these terms are OK with you, consider it yours! Just PM me your info! I would hate to see pixlehugger beat you to the finish line,  just cause your short a little bit of coin!

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 08:19:07 am »
I still don't see why it would be jumping to that second page like that, it should only do that when you select a particular album. When I have some time I will set up mine with the artist>albums view. Also, if you don't mind downloading my most current skin and seeing if that works for you. There is a possibility that there is something going on with a feature in Xlobby called "snap track" What this does is keeps the now playing song on screen. Or I should say it advances the playlist page on track changes. I have the skin set to enable it when it boots up, and at various points you have to set it to turn off and on again, otherwise some weird things start to happen. I think there was a version I had out for a few hours that I had something awry going on with it, but I didn't catch it when I posted the skin.
I am using your latest skin at home, screenshots I posted are from work. It actually behaves the same when in coverflow mode as well.  Once you set your up as artist>album you'll see what I am referring to. The flow of your skin is a lot better than the badabing skin I was using, so with your permission this is now installed on my juke as well
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=94558.0

Just saw your post above, you are one busy guy. I am more or less in the same boat except the kids are older. I am free when they are in bed, which is not a whole lot of time. Do you have a post here with your juke?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:30:48 am by reko19 »

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 02:40:56 pm »
I am using your latest skin at home, screenshots I posted are from work. It actually behaves the same when in coverflow mode as well.  Once you set your up as artist>album you'll see what I am referring to. The flow of your skin is a lot better than the badabing skin I was using, so with your permission this is now installed on my juke as well

Just saw your post above, you are one busy guy. I am more or less in the same boat except the kids are older. I am free when they are in bed, which is not a whole lot of time. Do you have a post here with your juke?

I will let you know how my skin behaves for me when I have a chance to get to it. Of course you can use it however you like, feel free to modify it or do what ever to it. I don't have a post yet of my build, I tend to get to caught up in these things to want to stop to take pictures and write it up. I am planning on posting something when I am done, which should be soon! I know what you mean about being free when the kids are in bed, for some reason though my 10 month old still likes to wake up two or three times a night. I have no idea how to get him to sleep though the night.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:10 pm »

reko19,

OK, sorry it took me so long to get to this, I fixed the problem for you! Turns out it was an easy fix... took me all of two minutes to figure out. I have a new download for you. This is just the skin not all the plugins ect... I'm going to call this one "Orion (nested)". For anyone else who prefers to use the "nested" structure, use this version, if not please continue using the regular version.

LINK:http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmemhtk2mmt/orion nested5.zip
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:39:58 am by orion »

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 05:12:45 pm »
Thank you for the update. Works great in the normal view, still has the same issue in the cover flow.  :(

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 08:53:21 pm »
Thank you for the update. Works great in the normal view, still has the same issue in the cover flow.  :(

Right!!!! Ok this is going to get somewhat complicated. It seems that coverflow will not work with the nested file structure at all. Sooooo.... what we have to do is create a new database that is set up with the "album" view. So we will have coverflow link to this DB while the regular music page will link to the DB set as "Artist, Album"

EDIT: Use "Orion nested5" STEP 1 :Download this version called Orion nested 5  http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmemhtk2mmt/orion nested5.zip

EDIT :  STEP 2: Open Orion nested 2 and then open up the folder "templates"

EDIT: STEP 3: COPY the files "music" and"music2" and paste them to C:\Program Files\xlobby\databases\templates

STEP 4: Setup this latest skin to launch in Xlobby

STEP 5: Go to "Xlobby setup"  and then to "Databases"

STEP 6: Go to the "import tab" and select "music2"

STEP 7: Go to the " import to DB tab" and select "music2"

STEP 8: Click the "Add" button and find the location of your music database

STEP 9: Click the "Import" button

There you go! Good luck! This is all I could think of doing as the coverflow won't do the nested file structure. It has issues that I just can't figure out a workaround for. At least you can't say that I didn't try! ;)

EDIT: Remember this version and all this is only if you have to have the "nested" music structure
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:37:12 am by orion »

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »
it works, pretty pretty cool   :applaud: :applaud:

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 04:32:13 pm »
it works, pretty pretty cool   :applaud: :applaud:

I'm glad I could be of help, more importantly, I'm glad you like it!

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:20 am »
A few bugs were discovered in the skin. I think I have everything sorted out now. Please update to "Orion8". Hopefully this is it for the bug fixes. However if anyone finds any please let me know!

New version http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyjd2nmdohw/orion XLS8.zip

New "nested" version  http://www.mediafire.com/file/mmemhtk2mmt/orion nested5.zip
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:36:21 am by orion »

reko19

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:10 pm »
downloaded xls8, the playlist issue is solved, will give it another go, thank you much for the update
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 08:39:26 pm by reko19 »

raymondo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2010, 10:01:51 am
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009, 08:05:42 am »
Hi
I would like to try this skin but the link is dead.

Can anyone help?

Ray

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2009, 10:39:18 am »
Hi
I would like to try this skin but the link is dead.

Can anyone help?

Ray

Looks like Mediafire pulled it on me for some reason. I guess they wanted me to create an account with them. I reposted it, but if it continues to be an issue would any BYOC members with their own servers be willing to host it?

Give this a try  http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzzyxyludrm/orion XLS8.zip
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 10:41:05 am by orion »

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2009, 04:39:35 pm »
looks nice, i would like to try the skin but i cant seem to get it to work, is it too much to ask you apload your working xlobby directory? since xlobby does not make any reg changes, it should work to just instal like that.. thanks

raymondo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2010, 10:01:51 am
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 10:44:51 am »
Nice one,

Thanks Orion will give it a blast.

Ray

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin (Now available in Bubble gum flavor)
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:29 pm »
The Orion skin is now available in new bubble gum flavor!
 http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehmjymmo0dm/PinkOrion.zip

I made up this version for Franco B and his jukebox project.  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=83358.0

Oh and if anyone is having issues with cover art stored in folders, please see this thread http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96557.0

Franco B

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 09:14:06 am
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 01:31:31 am »
You da man!  :cheers:

abispac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 06:57:28 pm »
thanks

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2009, 11:45:34 pm »
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like like it! I'm willing to do this skin up in other colors as well, however I can't think of any colors people might want it in. It does take some time to do (I have about 4 1/2 hours invested in Franco's skin) so I don't want to do every possible color under the sun, but I'd be willing to do a few more as time permits. I also don't care to muck about with the layout or the mechanics of the thing, as I believe they work about as well as I can get them. All suggestions are welcome!

bsellers100

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2018, 05:46:46 pm
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2009, 05:00:18 pm »
This looks great!  However, I am only able to download the pink version, and I would much prefer the blue one.  Can you check the link again?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
This looks great!  However, I am only able to download the pink version, and I would much prefer the blue one.  Can you check the link again?

Ooops, looks like I forgot to change the link in the first post in the thread! Here is the link... enjoy!

bsellers100

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:40 am »
Thanks for the quick response.  The link is now working.  Now I have a question for you.  I am using the freeware version of Xlobby2, but this skin does not seem to work at all.  When I start up Xlobby, it just comes up with a black screen and does nothing.  Do you have any idea what I might be doing wrong?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 12:02:20 pm »
I'm going to send you a PM shortly, one that will make all this easy!

bsellers100

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 12:05:46 pm »
Orion, I think I figured it out.  I re installed xlobby from your download.  That version seems to work.  Thanks.

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin (n with shoutcast radio)
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »
My wife wanted to be able to listen to some Christmas music after Thanksgiving and I only have two crappy Christmas CD's to choose from..... so I added Shoutcast Radio to the skin. Someone had written a plugin for shoutcast so that's why I chose it as my net radio choice. A few things have changed in getting it up and running so please read the "notes" in the DL. Happy Turkey Day, and Merry Christmas!

Orion9c: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:17:32 pm by orion »

orion

• Offline Offline
Re: My Xlobby skin (now with shoutcast radio)
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2009, 11:18:31 pm »
Looks like there are a few issues with the Xliveshout plugin. If you haven't installed this yet, please don't update the folder "databases" If you tried following my instructions, and are having issues and not getting it to work, simply delete all the Xliveshout databases from the data bases folder, it will recreate its own databases the next time you restart Xlobby. Some of the Genres weren't working in the original database that the plugin generates, (2 years old and all) and it also was missing a Christmas genre, so I had modified the Xliveshout genre database. However doing so seems to have created some weird issues elsewhere in the skin, as well as it apparently makes for a hit or miss installation.  At any rate, I'm going to have to hijack the plugins search feature and create a working "genre search bar" that way. It's going to take me a little bit of time, and is kinda of a PITA frankly, but I will have it running soon! 

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 12:21:03 pm »
OK this should all be fixed now. No need to configure the Xshout pluggin, however you will want to configure both weather plugins. The Xweather pluggin takes about 5 min or so to add a forecast so be aware of that when you configure it for the first time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2009, 04:31:20 pm »
Someone requested a no thrills version, so here it is. This is just the main jukebox.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmmkdmmqamj/Orion Simple.zip

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2017, 07:30:23 pm
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 06:08:09 pm »
Im thinking of making a touchscreen jukebox and this software look amazing! I tried it and im having some issues. The computer im installing it on is a dell GX280 p4 2.8. It all loads ok and the weather works fine, the only issue im having is the most important and its when i got to open the music or the pictures. I get a white screen with a red x and a error. What am i missing or needing to do?? I was thinking maybe its my computer(to old or to slow)

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2009, 06:42:07 pm »
Im thinking of making a touchscreen jukebox and this software look amazing! I tried it and im having some issues. The computer im installing it on is a dell GX280 p4 2.8. It all loads ok and the weather works fine, the only issue im having is the most important and its when i got to open the music or the pictures. I get a white screen with a red x and a error. What am i missing or needing to do?? I was thinking maybe its my computer(to old or to slow)

You just need to setup Xlobby. You will first need to make sure you have winamp installed. Then you will need to tell Xlobby where winamp is and also where your music and picture paths are. You will also want to turn on the sounds for the buttons and also tell it to load http on start up. To get into the configuration settings hit the "controls" button. A password keyboard will pop up. The password is "0". Select "xlobby setup". There is also a guide I included and it should walk you though the steps in configuring Xlobby. If you have anymore issues let me know and I will try and help as best I can.

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 01:23:05 pm »
It took me a few days to get a chance to even play with this, but even after i configured what you said and loaded winamp and directed it to the music folder....i still got the same error. 

Im not sure what exactly is going on. I loaded the software on my other computer and i am able to use everything fine. Any idea's

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:35 pm »
It took me a few days to get a chance to even play with this, but even after i configured what you said and loaded winamp and directed it to the music folder....i still got the same error. 

Im not sure what exactly is going on. I loaded the software on my other computer and i am able to use everything fine. Any idea's

Let me ask you, did you hit the "import" buttons for music and photos, and let Xlobby create the music and photo databases?

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:02 pm »
yes i did that... same issue. Have you ever seen the white screen with the red x before?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 07:59:30 pm »
yes i did that... same issue. Have you ever seen the white screen with the red x before?

Oh yes, all the time though usually when I'm editing the skin, and messing around with my databases. It does that mainly when you don't have the database's setup at all and since it's doing it for music and photos I was assuming that you hadn't set Xlobby up correctly. You do have your music and photos on the machine you have Xlobby on right? I have never tried it over the network so I'm not sure that will work. Are you using the version with shoutcast radio? I was having issues with a plugin with the first version I did. If you downloaded that version then you might have some issues, as I discovered that getting it to install was hit or miss. Try this one, and let me know how it goes. http://www.mediafire.com/file/zoiqyzjodtd/orion9c.zip I have only tested it on one machine and tomorrow I was going to install it on my juke (I got the other version working just fine which is why I haven't tried it yet) It should work, as I did some tricks with the search feature rather than try and fight the plugin like I was doing before. Anyway, I would suggest deleting Xlobby and starting over from scratch, using Orion9c. If that doesn't work uninstall Xlobby again and try the version without, as I haven't had anyone report any issues with it. http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzzyxyludrm/orion XLS8.zip

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 08:32:53 pm »
Well the orion9c worked! I got the music to work. Although it did freeze up when i tried to import the music path. I have to restart my comp a few times before it worked. It is also runner slower. I wonder if i should select fast option in the control panel? The odd thing is i cant get it to work with the photos. Is there certain pictures it wont read? like in the music..mp3 is all i am able to load up...so i was thinking maybe it wont read .jpg pics??

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 09:56:58 pm »
Well the orion9c worked! I got the music to work. Although it did freeze up when i tried to import the music path. I have to restart my comp a few times before it worked. It is also runner slower. I wonder if i should select fast option in the control panel? The odd thing is i cant get it to work with the photos. Is there certain pictures it wont read? like in the music..mp3 is all i am able to load up...so i was thinking maybe it wont read .jpg pics??

I'm glad it's working for you! I'm not sure what selecting the fast option would do on a slower machine, it wouldn't hurt to try.  There is probably nothing wrong with the album art, and more than likely how Xlobby is configured. I'm assuming you have your album art in the folders as apposed to embedded in the MP3? If this is the case see this thread, and follow the instructions, it should fix that problem. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=96557.0

imaginepower

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2009, 06:07:55 pm »
That did the trick...it was just that option in the control panel i needed unchecked. Ok its been playing perfectly all day...up untill i was showing it off to a friend and they went into the online radio and clicked on one of the stations and it locked up winamp. I restarted and it worked fine then after looking several stations we found another that it locked up on. Its odd cause its winamp that locks up and not xlobby. So any ideas?

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:42 pm »
That did the trick...it was just that option in the control panel i needed unchecked. Ok its been playing perfectly all day...up untill i was showing it off to a friend and they went into the online radio and clicked on one of the stations and it locked up winamp. I restarted and it worked fine then after looking several stations we found another that it locked up on. Its odd cause its winamp that locks up and not xlobby. So any ideas?

Doesn't it always happen that way...the moment you try and show something off, it crashes on you. To answer your question, yes I have had that happen to me a few times. It seems to have stopped doing that so I haven't really thought about it. I also noticed that one station in particular seemed to do it. It happened to me once just going straight to shoutcast.com. Now I haven't had it happen to me at work. I have been piping in a Christmas music station and playing that though out the building. I'm pretty sure I'm running a 2x version of winamp. Try googling "old versions of winamp" and try out different versions. I think Xlobby will work with the old 2x versions. I can't guarantee this will work as I really don't know whats going on with shoutcast crashing winamp, but that would be the first thing I would try.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 11:43:59 pm »
I just had another idea for my jukebox, though this seems like it could just prove to be more of a gimmick than useful. Has anyone ever played around with this winamp plug in? Any thoughts on this idea???

http://www.winamp.com/plugin/winamp-voice-control/148315

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

ex_directory

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2015, 08:54:20 am
  • The only game I ever completed... so far.
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2009, 12:45:56 pm »
Orion, awesome skin  8) Have been playing with it for the last couple of days after deciding to build a jukebox for the wall in the kitchen. Fortunately my htpc sits the other side of the wall and already has a dual output vid card. So with touch screen panel kit and new 17" monitor on order I am dangerous!

I am planning on tweaking your skin (if you don't mind) to add a browser with an onscreen keyboard (no controls in the kitchen except the touch screen). I saw another post where you had the same idea - did you make any progress with this?

I have a few other questions for you but planning on playing with your skin and xlobby for another couple of days as I hope to answer them myself. Ex
My kitchen cab is progressing here

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 10:13:36 am »
Orion, awesome skin  8) Have been playing with it for the last couple of days after deciding to build a jukebox for the wall in the kitchen. Fortunately my htpc sits the other side of the wall and already has a dual output vid card. So with touch screen panel kit and new 17" monitor on order I am dangerous!

I am planning on tweaking your skin (if you don't mind) to add a browser with an onscreen keyboard (no controls in the kitchen except the touch screen). I saw another post where you had the same idea - did you make any progress with this?

I have a few other questions for you but planning on playing with your skin and xlobby for another couple of days as I hope to answer them myself. Ex

I'm glad you like what I've done with the skin. Feel free to modify it however you wish, it's not all mine anyway, as it's a modified Colby skin. He had made it for people to change, and the majority of the work I did on it was getting the jukebox working well. There is already a page in it called "webbrowser". You can start with it to get the internet working. I had made a virtual keyboard for it and posted it in another thread. Someone suggested giving another free keyboard a try, but I've been to busy lately to try it out. It's just a matter of modifying this screen to your liking and then creating a button that launches a virtual keyboard. If you are interested I have also figured out how to launch Mame games with it. You will need to download Rom2lobby http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3530 and then point Xlobby to the Mame exe. I managed to get it running with mame32v86b. To do this you just follow the instructions found on the Rom2lobby website to create your database and then create a category in the skin editor and point that to the database rom2lobby created. Next you will want to assign a "click on" event for the catagory screen, that launches Mame and make sure the argument is the following "%mame>parameter% -joy -skip_disclaimer -skip_gameinfo -resolution 800x600x32 -noverbose" This doesn't work with newer versions of Mame, I'm not sure what the arguments would be to get newer versions of Mame to launch the game. The only thing is that with a touch screen you have no admin buttons, but I suppose you could assign a few to the joystick. Have fun with it, and feel free to share it if you wish.

orion

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »
Mountain, I made those changes just for you buddy! Check your messages if you haven't already done so!

Gazzer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2023, 04:10:33 pm
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2022, 11:19:19 am »
does anybody know the control password for colbyskin2.