Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame error "The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images"  (Read 125914 times)

rupedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2009, 08:32:27 am
Hi guys,

I have several ROMs that give me the following error when I try to run them in Mame 0.131:

"The selected game is missing one or more required ROM or CHD images"

However, when I run most of them with version 0.119 they work fine. Something changed with version 0.120 because they don't work their either. I heard about using clrmamepro to clean the ROMs, but that just ended up turning the 10 or so ROMs I ran it on into like 40+ ROMs. Where all these new ones came from; I have no clue. Maybe I am using the tool wrong...

I'd like to be using the latest version of Mame, does anybody know a way to fix this? Even with 0.119 I still have problems with certain ROMs. Do I have to downgrade even more?

Thanks!

thomascirca

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2011, 08:36:44 pm
What games are you having problems with? I could be wrong but it sounds like you're using an outdated rom set... try downloading the latest rom set. Make sure you have the BIOS and chd files as well.

rupedog

• Offline Offline
I think Asteroids was one of the ones that wasn't working in .131, although I may be getting it confused with a different game or version of Mame because I tried so many different game/version combos. My first version of Asteroids I remember did not work in .119 but an updated version did - I can't remember if it isworking in .131 or not. I'll have to double check this when I get home.

I thinking having out-dated ROMs is one of my big problems - I have much better luck with version .119 than .131. I guess my source is not very good.

What are the BIOS and chd files you are referring to? Are these embedded in the ROMs or placed along side them somewhere? Maybe this is another problem...

EwJ

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2022, 10:16:06 pm
I thinking having out-dated ROMs is one of my big problems - I have much better luck with version .119 than .131. I guess my source is not very good.

What are the BIOS and chd files you are referring to? Are these embedded in the ROMs or placed along side them somewhere? Maybe this is another problem...

Re: bios and chd

rupedog

• Offline Offline
Nice. Thanks guys! I got updated ROMs and things are working well now.

ChrisD98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2009, 10:33:30 am
Unfortunately I'm having the same problem - but what's odd is that I've downloaded both the ROM and the CHD file, placed the CHD file in the appropriate directory and I'm still getting the error message from MAME.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

giova_sf_fan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2009, 03:58:37 am
Hi there i've got the same trouble saint's edit - no ROMs requests on this forum please. Thank you.  ? Please Help im new to this. Thanks John. Please reply.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 07:29:24 pm by saint »