Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Multimame lauching 2 games or how to add a single game in multimame  (Read 1990 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2024, 01:01:09 pm
Its weird, when i launch pacman on multimame ,pacman starts, then i exit the game and the other pacman from the next emulator starts too, does anyone knows what o i need to do so this stops,
heres my filter setup

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Filters xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <List>
    <Filter>
      <Name>All</Name>
      <Emulator>MAME</Emulator>
      <Hide>false</Hide>
      <Conditions>
        <Condition>
          <Operator>ALL</Operator>
          <And>false</And>
        </Condition>
      </Conditions>
      <Arguments />
    </Filter>
    <Filter>
      <Name>All</Name>
      <Emulator>Misfit</Emulator>
      <Hide>false</Hide>
      <Conditions>
        <Condition>
          <Operator>ALL</Operator>
          <And>false</And>
        </Condition>
      </Conditions>
    </Filter>
  </List>
</Filters>
what do i need to modify to get mame to run the origina games and misfit to run only pacmanx...... thanks
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:24:03 pm by abispac »

abispac

• Offline Offline
Re: Multimame lauching 2 games or how to add a single game in multimame
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 09:54:45 pm »
A littlemore explained:
I have multimame set up to launch Mame.131 with all the games, and misfitmame to launch only the pacman hack,everything seem ok, i launched the pacman game and no problem, but whenever i launch another game that misfitmame has lets say mr.do, the game comes up fine, then after i close the game ,multimame launches mr.do with misfitmame automatically, know i notice that when i launch pacman multimame gives me the message about the closest games with that name and opens the pacman game at the same time, witch tells me multimam its trying to launch the pacman hack with regular Mame too, witch its telling me  that multimame its not recognizing both gamelist by separated. any help? here's my emulator list as well....
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Emulators xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <List>
    <Emulator>
      <Name>MAME</Name>
      <Parser>MameParser</Parser>
      <Directory>c:\Mame\</Directory>
      <Executable>Mame.exe</Executable>
      <Arguments>{name}</Arguments>
      <Clones>ALL</Clones>
     </Emulator>
    <Emulator>
      <Name>MISFIT</Name>
      <Parser>MameParser</Parser>
      <Directory>c:\MisfitMame\</Directory>
      <Executable>Mame.exe</Executable>
      <Arguments>{name}</Arguments>
      <Clones>ALL</Clones>
     </Emulator>
  </List>
</Emulators>

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:34 am »
someone?

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 04:41:38 pm »
Confirmed...  Theres a bug here.

Trouble is, I don't even have the development system on my machine anymore for multimame or use the language in the last 8 months (and have moved on to webmame which should be able to do the same things at some point).

I'll look at the source quickly and see if its obvious...

I think its because the game is in both filters... but remembering how it was written, I thought only one would end up in the map... But who knows... 

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 04:57:56 pm »
sigh... found the problem... completely there... super simple change... of course, it will take 10x as long to get the development system to compile.

but Launcher.cs (btw, source on the webside)... the last line of real code  ("Output.WriteLine("- Done");") the next line should be return;...  Its in a loop and I never quit... 

of course my examples I was using this, I never had any duplicates like this so I never noticed it...

Anyway, trying to download csharp development tools now and see if I can get it compiled.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 05:17:05 pm »
sigh... found the problem... completely there... super simple change... of course, it will take 10x as long to get the development system to compile.

but Launcher.cs (btw, source on the webside)... the last line of real code  ("Output.WriteLine("- Done");") the next line should be return;...  Its in a loop and I never quit... 

of course my examples I was using this, I never had any duplicates like this so I never noticed it...

Anyway, trying to download csharp development tools now and see if I can get it compiled.
or you can tell me how to add a single game in the misfitmame filter, since all i wanna do its just add a pacman hack into that version of mame, thanks for your help.

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 05:30:26 pm »
lol ok, fixed version (hopefully) was just uploaded http://multimame.wikidot.com/start so test that if you don't mind.

But yes, you will want it to filter on just the ONE game.... because currently you will always use one or the other. 

in the filters page on multimame

"INLIST will allow you to add a comma delimeted list in the <Value> of game names (rom names) you want added or removed. This allows you to configure some items by hand"

so I believe it will be

<Filter>
      <Name>Single</Name>
      <Emulator>Misfit</Emulator>
      <Hide>false</Hide>
      <Conditions>
        <Condition>
          <Value>pachackversion, pachackversion2, rygarhack</Value>
          <Operator>INLINE</Operator>
          <And>false</And>
        </Condition>
      </Conditions>
    </Filter>

Sadly, I don't remember if this should be before or after the other.  I believe it should be second, so it replaces the version in mame if there was one. 

And after all this, if you changed the name (<Name>ALL</Name>) to anything else, I think it would have worked without the new version... oh well...

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 05:32:08 pm »
Ok, one more note...

put the misfitmame filter first... then mame... give it a new name ("allMisfits" or something) and try.  This will allow you to play all the mame games in mame... and all of the misfit mame games that are available.

sorry, its been a bit since I used multimame...  I'm a bit rusty

Lilwolf

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 05:46:18 pm »
Lastly, I just fixed another bug I've known about... but didn't care enough to fix. 

Daphne launching will now pause until daphne is finished... So if you running daphne, and a frontend that makes noise, it should all work now!

Thanks for getting me off ---my bottom--- and redownloading Microsoft Visual c# express edition... I know its free... I just had to do it...

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:47:20 pm »
Ill give it a try and let you know, thanks alot, and dont let this great project down  :cheers:

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »
Thanks you , it works now.