Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WebMAME now has HyperSpin support!  (Read 6394 times)

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
WebMAME now has HyperSpin support!
« on: June 12, 2009, 06:37:37 am »
Ok, this was the initial idea for WebMAME (then got postponed for various reasons)... but its now working!

WebMAME can now control the game lists for HyperSpin!  The categories can now be tied to a genre in HyperSpin.  When you modify your category lists, it will then automatically create the genre.xml files in the database.

Have a game without a theme, but you have a theme that matches it?  (think SF2 but you have a great SFA theme?)  Well, you can now select it in the game page.  A list of all the themes will be available.

Want to set a default theme, go for it.

Want the description tags to be a bit easier to read... done.

Also added this release

24/7 game support...  Run a game... and let it just sit there... Ok, now from any other computer in the WORLD (assuming you have static ips, don't have a router, ect) can now specify what game you want to play!  Run your frontend on your home PC... Or just use the webpages to swap games.  Use for this?  Not sure, but I am hoping to write some IPhone safe webpages for a simple frontend.  Just would be cool to control my arcade from my phone :)

Added autosave also.  Now I'm starting to control enough txt files, I don't want to write them every time I add a game to a category or switch a theme.  So now you can make changes, and just hit save.

http://webmame.wikidot.com/start