Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ZSNES + U360 config help  (Read 720 times)

Kayden

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2023, 07:20:44 pm
  • Oh crap! Is it suppose to spark like that?
ZSNES + U360 config help
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:13:05 pm »
I'm trying to set up ZSNES to work with MALA on my cab and I've hit a bit of a snag.  I can get into the game just fine, but I can't get out and back to Mala.  Under misc keys you can set an exit button, but I can't map the one I want.

My U360 has 8 physical buttons and 15 logical buttons.  1-6 are A, B, X, Y, R, L and 7 and 8 are start and select.  I was going to have exit be button 15, which would be holding down button 8 and pressing button 7.  However, if I click to map, it maps to 8 as soon as I press it.  I know with MAME you can get around this by first holding 8 and then trying to map it by pressing 7 and it registers as 15, however if you hold 8 and click exit, it maps to 8 right away.  I also tried to hold 7 and 8 and then hit map, but it just maps as 7.

So... is there a way to manually enter the button I want?

Yes, yes there is.

The misc options are towards the end of zsnesw.cfg.   Open it with notepad and insert the values for the button.  Button 6 was 277, so entering 284 let me use button 14 as exit.

=)

Hmmm... now it seems I have a question in the same vein I don't know the answer to.  I found the option to allow control of the gui through the game pad, but I don't know how to open the gui with the game pad.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:20:21 pm by Kayden »