Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: WARNING TO ALL - NAVL F--ed up my cab shipping BIG TIME- I AM DONE WITH THEM  (Read 3832 times)

kjoel0123

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2012, 09:57:19 am
  • Cabs for sale - Please see my flickr page for all
Still waiting on my tron cabaret cab. Supposed to be delivered May 21. Was to ship out on May 11th. Still not here- Its June 4th- WTF--

NAVL scheduled the delivery to confirm 4x's already and each time they were a NO SHOW. 3 times these A-holes never even called. And I repeat NEVER CALLED ON THE DAY OF THE DELIVERY. 1 time they called at the end of the day stating that they were to reschedule again. They never EVER call you to tell you that they will schedule the delivery once they miss it. I always have to call them.

Now I call them and scream at their manager stating " where the hell is my cab" he states he will look into it only to call me an hour later stating that it is lost. The next day they call me back stating that they located the cab. Realize that they told me they lost the cab over 2 weeks ago and some how they seem to find it 10 states away in Colorado. Now its in Colorado and I'm in NY. I call them for like the 10th time and give the manager there a piece of my mind. I actually told him that I'd love to punch his face in if he was here right now. Yes I do have an anger problem and that's another story and Iam not joking around at all. Hence they charge me $389.91 to ship the cab from CA to NY. They did want me to fill out some BS form to file a claim though. I told them to shove the claim form where the sun dont shine. Now they decided to take 35% off due to my complaining/ horrible customer service and situation. Now they state that they have located my cab via the manager and that it will be here the end of next week no matter what. We''ll see bout that one as I have heard this sooo many times already!  I have had 5 cabs shipped to date and have never had any issues or even a cab in transportation longer than a week.

OHH- I forgot to mention that I paid them in full on May 8th for the shipping

I am done using them and hope that all arcade users find another more reliable company and heed my advice !! Their customer service SUCKS and I HOPE TO FIND ANOTHER SHIPPING COMPANY IN THE NEAR FUTURE
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 05:50:37 pm by kjoel0123 »
Dedicated Cabaret cabs I currently own:
Neo Geo/ GT Complete/Mspac galaga reunion
full size cabs: Playchoice 10 Single Monitor/Nicktoons Racing/Junior King Cocktail/ Super Punchout/
Pins- Revenge From Mars/ Black Rose/ LW3

For Sale/ Trade: Digdug in Ireland Cab/83' Chexx Hockey/Battlezone/PC10 Bartop with 6 games
Check out http://www.flickr.com/kjarcade <--not updated

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Relax bro... you said it yourself "I have had 5 cabs shipped to date and have never had any issue or even a cab in transportation longer than a week."  ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- happens bro.  People screw up.  Sounds like you're making a MUCH bigger deal than it is.   The cab is on it's way.  It's late,  but it's on it's way and you saved a hundred bucks in the process.

Now,  go out back,  roll a doob and take a couple hits.   

Your cab will arrive...eventually.

Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Your cab will arrive...eventually.

And hopefully no-one will have taken a dump in it.

Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm

And frankly you should be put on a list of customers to be refused in the future for threatening an employee. 

Thanks for the warning, though, I do appreciate it.  Now I know not to do business with you.

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Yeah, shoulda been all nice but assertive and perhaps suggested that you're so inconvenienced that they should refund you in full. Something similar happened to me on an ebay puchase with UPS and I got the shipping almost free. (Six bucks vs a couple hundred, the former of which they offered to refund me, also, but I said naw that was cool.)
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
I guess that I do need to relax a bit and its only a cab right !!   

Chadtower- Frankly I have a very good rep here and other forums. I am entitled to say what I please and if you dont wish to deal with me thats your own opinion. Maybe if someone told you to be home 5 different times and never showed up and constantly promised over and over to you that they would be there then just maybe you would be a little pissed. If not then I guess that you have all the free time in the world and love to sit around- Time is money ! My time was wasted many times over and for that I add the following:
I will not deal with you either  :applaud:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:03:46 pm by kjoel0123 »
full size cabs: Playchoice 10 Single Monitor/Nicktoons Racing/Junior King Cocktail/ Super Punchout/

For Sale/ Trade: Digdug in Ireland Cab/83' Chexx Hockey/Battlezone/PC10 Bartop with 6 games

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
How much for the Moppet ?

Shipping ? (NAVL?  ;D)

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
the moppett unit has a down payment on it as we speak. If the deal does falll through I'll get back in touch with ya

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
Ah that's cool...... I had just been wanting to find one of any condition to make plans from.
(it's not one I "neeeded")

Hope you get a good offer on it.   :cheers:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
Oh,  I'd be pissed if I were you... but not to the point of threatening someone with physical harm.  That's unnecessary and I am sure you'd retract your statement if you were able,  right?   No big deal... take a couple breaths... someone screwed up somewhere... it happens... and it sounds like the rest was cover-up for the initial screw up.

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
You're right - My problem is that I made a wrong judgement in threating someone. It never seems to do any good anyway. Guess I had gotten so pissed of with all the BS lies that it all came out at 1 time. I will try to be on my best behavior in the near future  :cheers:

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
Oh,  I'd be pissed if I were you... but not to the point of threatening someone with physical harm.

Perhaps THIS instead?

;D

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh, even when they're all fiery, they's still so cuuute.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm

Karetaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2022, 08:19:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I would be pretty pissed off too! I would stop short of theatening them, but certainly understand your frustration. All businesses make mistakes. Losing the cab is forgivable. It happens. But, telling you they are delivering and then being a no show is not.

Ummon

• Offline Offline

Cats are kinda akin to coons in the way of curiosity. Some are sharper than others, though.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2023, 09:14:44 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
I guess that I do need to relax a bit and its only a cab right !!   

Chadtower- If not then I guess that you have all the free time in the world and love to sit around

Ummm, hello? 32,000 posts? Chad DOES have all the free time in the world...

;D

THE POKER BRAT

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2015, 05:50:58 am
hey JOEL"....i see you had some very bad experience with shipping your "cabaret"....let me get this straight,..youre recieveing what title???
(name of game)
WANT LIST: , asteroids mini, crazy climber mini, tron mini, goldball PINBALL,.

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
hey JOEL"....i see you had some very bad experience with shipping your "cabaret"....let me get this straight,..youre recieveing what title???
(name of game)

Very first sentence.

THE POKER BRAT

• Offline Offline
oh.///ok...i see you got your "TRON".(i think).....im so jealous!
too bad NAVL put you through hell.....sorry
here,.. :cheers: have a beer on me.....

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
So... how did this turn out?  Did you get your game?

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
Yeah it finally showed up on friday last week all in 1 piece, Still awaiting a partial refund. We'll see about that one !

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
Good to see it showed up and without some ---uvula--- taking his anger at YOU out on IT...

;)

THE POKER BRAT

• Offline Offline
i want dibbs if you sell it.... :notworthy:.....

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
You should have bought my asteroids cabaret when I sold it  :P

THE POKER BRAT

• Offline Offline
sure i wanted that too,..but i wasnt around,..it was bad timing,...thats all...if you come across another asteroids/deluxe ill take that too....i have $ now...

divemaster127

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2018, 08:05:08 pm
  • My webstore is arcadeemulator.net
    • arcadeemulator.net
sorry for all of the issues but where in the world did you find a tron caberat I have been looking 6 months for one
dm
I carry both ultimarc & happ items, all brand new & I ship from the united states. My online store is ARCADEEMULATOR.NET, pm if I can help in anyway.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
Um, where are the pictures?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
see my other post for pics

aw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2009, 05:08:54 am
WARNING TO ALL - NAVL F--ed up my cab shipping BIG TIME-
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 04:28:08 am »
Whell you didnt have as mutch trouble as i did picking up a cabinet my self
at least you didnt have to leave the house..
the problem you had was like when i worked for a courier company when gas was $4 a gallon We were always broke then checks were always bouncing and i was lucky to get $50 a week cash for $400 worth of work .
anyway it was a fun job lots of beer before friday before quiting time and lots of fun driving up north for long envelope or runs for national water works or HD supply now called witch was a good client anyway.
the best part was driving long distances for like to pick up say fire hydrent to deliver to some out far north city desk for $150 to $200 just to deliver one fire hydrent so the $ was good if gas prices wernt outragouse or the paychecks would have not bounces then they gave me crap for pay.
remember DONT become a currier its a lame job as far as pay if its a good company thats differnt but dont let the small company's sweet talk w a lot of BS like they fed you they were probably afraid to deliver it 1st off if it broke they would have to go on ebay to replace it $$$ and if they went off topic w daily 3 hours 2 hour or 1 hour or DIRECT deliverys the whole operation would fail so the cabinet should have been ordered on a same day or 3day to save you some $ with it probably got changed to they didnt try to lost it or have it take so long but probably fought over who GOT TO deliver a video game cabinet and then fought over how to secure it so its glass wouldnt break in the rough road to come delivering it.
I know this cause i used to deliver stuff its a fun job as long as the paycheck is good!. now back to what i did. before i got the job freind sais here buy this space invaders cabinet sit down cabinet and candy machine and crappy twist pop machine too all togther in one package deal for $150.00
I said crock I only want space invaders no crappy candy or pop macine.
he said OK $100 I said come on its almost aug my bday is comming up again ,
He said ok $50 you deliver it skips already on ---my bottom--- my pager just went off you deliver it youre self I have to go lock the dog in the fence and i have to do a best brands or somthing like that run..
I was like crap cause i had done the currier thing couple of months ago untill my crappy car needed replaced..
SO I GAVE him $50 and said just hold the screen so i can unbolt this wire strap from the screen and get these hunge bolts off .
then i put the whole thing in my acura integra 4 door w no hatchback! red color and one back window wouldnt go down so i had to go around back to passenger side then fit the whole cabinet in back seat and top in trunk and glass in passenger seat.
I decided to deliver it my self..
then later on in life i bought on ebay 2 data east cabinets empty and one slot machine 13 inch cga monitor sepratly.
I decided since it was $75 for the two cabinets i decided to ok not to far away its just iowa ..........
*******************************IOWA******************
just happens to be on the boarder of KANSAS where the cabinets were I won one and offered to take both them and since i needed gas $ he gave me a discount and wanted the garage cleaned out so i got 2 for the price of 1 we left the kittens there .. I althogh should have checked the transmition fluid instead of the transfer case fluid! DUH other than that the van made it back..
I saved $150 but probably spent $175 on gas munchies and cigerettes and food and other expensies.
but next time I think it is still worth the road trip but next time im going to take more than one day to do it so i get some sleep.
At least  you got youre machine in one peice and didnt have to worry about it really being lost.
it probably just took some deturs and they had it riding along w some deliverys but the driver was probably afraid to deliver it w you being steaming mad .
remember a long delivery on a more than a 3 day and covering more than one state requires $ and remember next time tip the driver at least$20 so they have some gas money to get back home..
I would have slipped the driver $50 so they at least would have made it most of the way back home..
I think thats why delivery is like around $150 to $300 for delivery hand delivered video game or pinball based on 300 LB or 500Lb direct or same day or 3 day.
anyway its correct to not get super mad at dispatcher cause once that happens you wont get ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- they will purposely ignore you untill every thing else is done then when you appoligize then they will finnaly let you have the goods so its not a good idea to ---smurfette--- out the dispatcher who has no control of the drivers exept to hope they dont get lost fall asleep get ?
or just dont know wtf they are doing or care cause the phone is riningin for other runs.. but once the deliver gets delivered the $ goes into kitty on computer screen into the CAN then after 1 month you get youre money from last month only if said company still exists..
so next time just pay $150 to some real company like ups but spend if cost is $150 then just give them $200 and make the $50 for insurance /speed and gas cost /expenses for driver then it will put rush on delivery cause the  $ cash portion of delivery the driver signs for when you get package and they get $50 cash on delivery as cash run .. this makes driver incentive to rush and get package there cause who doesnt like a cash on delivery run.
I hope you didnt suffer to mutch . and i am glad i dont deliver anymore.
I can tell you I had nothing to do w youre delivery the company i worked for was in MN only.
the iowa trip had nothing to do  w the job i had .

aw

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 09, 2009, 05:08:54 am
I would not put you on some list I would not threnin anyone I might say something i dont mean in hast but would always fix what i said and make shure they knew it was or would only be a IDLE threght and would never really threghtnen anyone.
I had a misunderstanding about same crap once and took 3 weeks to explane exactly what i was trying to convey when what i said was compleatly differnt than whay they thought ment than what I really ment witch was far from what they thought.
anyway the best thing is to just call youre self or get a busy signal on the phone then ---smurfette--- to noone or yell ---fudgesicle--- then calm youre self down. then after you do that think about how to be nice w out being nasty then talk the person on the other end into helping you say I dont know what to do I cant figure out why YOU cant do a simple thing like figure out where and when im going to get my delivery then you will get to the bottom of it faster have them call back when its not busy then you would get more results the reason you probably got mad was you probably called when it was super busy and the person you got ahold of probably had no clue about youre situation cause the phone was ringing off hook w local crap dispatcher /phone person you talked to was probably busy so i would have asked when do you get to go home then ask when it dies and its not so busy then ask to call then then just call 45 minnutes early to CATCH them when there actually not busy and then ask where is my cabinet if hey gaulk then say ok were the hell is my cabinet then say evey day hour its late you owe me $ back as time service charge for my time then you will get results.
the problem was the person who setup the delivery on the sending end should have had a 4 way confrence call w you the driver dispatch and the person sending the game mabie a 5 way with dispatch from shipping and reciving this way shipping reciving and you and seller all are on phone at same time before anything leaves the sellers house or business..
I bet that would have fixed problems its not that you got a crappy delvery service its just a logistics nightmare sometimes..
if you get seller to package and then bring to airport then pick it up youre self at airport instead of letting them do it or have somone else other than youre self drive it then expect problems.
anyway how is youre game doing is there pictures of done cabinet...
I want to forget about the word delivery.

kjoel0123

• Offline Offline
I will NOT have any cabs shipped anymore. I will pickup all cabs myself that way I save  $$ money and dont have to deal with these shipping companies anymore   :applaud:

Since this post I have picked up 5 cabs myself  ;D

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
guys i think you're a bit harsh on him.. it was'nt something you cared about that was lost..

and that's really only a small part of it.

they also showed him no courtesy or respect by leaving him hanging so many times when they was suppose to deliver it, not even a phone call.

then there is the whole fact that they lost his cab and failed to tell him.. one has to wonder if they would have even looked for it had he not complained considering how long as it took to get it to him even after he complained.

then there is the (imo) very insulting 35% off.. no it should have been at least 50% off.. really if i was the manager and we f'ed up that bad i'd have just took the loss and refund his money, especially considering he's a repeat customer.
im sure that would have went a long way in smoothing things over.

so he threatened him.. lets not all turn into carebears here im sure the manager knew he was pissed.

this is US of A after all, when someone does you wrong you threaten to beat their ass, it's the American way.

@ AW

brother (or sister) we gotta work on your posts, they're painful to read could you please break that up a little.
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Don't Drink and Post.

This public service announcement is brought to you by BYOAC
NO MORE!!

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
is that directed towards me? i dont drink, and i was'nt drunk.

or are you directly that towards AW?
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
is that directed towards me? i dont drink, and i was'nt drunk.

or are you directly that towards AW?
Should be obvious. Scan up and compare who's posts are long, rambling, hard to read and riddled with mispellings and incomphrensible sentence structure.

NO MORE!!

Spyridon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2021, 02:47:05 pm

Should be obvious. Scan up and compare who's posts are long, rambling, hard to read and riddled with mispellings and incomphrensible sentence structure.

Oh good, I wasn't the only one.  I couldn't get through the first few sentences so I skipped the entire post(s).
My current collection:  Arkanoid^3, Asteroids Deluxe, Centipede, Donkey Kong w/DIIK, Frenzy w/Berzerk multi, Galaga, Galaxian, Gyruss, Mappy,  Missile Command, Multi-Williams, O'Boyles Arcade (Mame), Pac-man,  Sinistar, Star Wars, Tempest, War Gods