Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Turtle power!!! A TMNT restore.  (Read 14608 times)

xtommyboy22x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2009, 02:32:59 pm
Re: Turtle power!!! A TMNT restore.
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 08:39:40 am »
Man the cabinet looks spectacular!!! I eventually have to get one of these cabinets!!! How much do you think it weighs? Could you get it down a basement hatchway? Would you even attempt it? Keep up the great work dude, I am cheering you on eating a salami, squid, pineapple pizza! TURTLE POWER!!!!

Honzo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2015, 06:06:04 pm
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2009, 02:15:48 pm »
Man the cabinet looks spectacular!!! I eventually have to get one of these cabinets!!! How much do you think it weighs? Could you get it down a basement hatchway? Would you even attempt it? Keep up the great work dude, I am cheering you on eating a salami, squid, pineapple pizza! TURTLE POWER!!!!
I have one of these too and to be honest it's pretty damn heavy.  I'm converting mine to mame and rebuilding a control panel that latches so it can be removed for things like that.  As a whole though, its really heavy.  Maybe upwards of 125 pounds? idk maybe i'll weigh it :lol: but if you unbolt the monitor frame, the tube and chassis fold back and come out in one piece, and this makes it easily 30 or 40 pounds lighter...
MK2/TMNT Cab - Mame Conversion in progress

druid318

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2010, 02:11:14 pm
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 11:08:06 am »
Nice cab.

TMNT was a blast to play when I was a kid.

PrimeTarget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2014, 08:17:41 pm
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 10:36:48 pm »
I read the whole thread, nice work!!!

Any updates? sadly the picture links are down :(

Jefferson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 14, 2024, 08:50:59 pm
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2009, 09:32:21 pm »
YEAHH!!!

Just read this thread... I bought a Turtles 4P cab a few weekends ago, and youre lucky, the laminate might have given you some goo, but it protected the art somewhat (someone scratched out Aprils eyes on one side of mine.) Mine has a new CP overlay (lame and generic) and has a button above the coin door that toggles between TMNT and simpsons.

Your clean vacuumed floor is inspiring... mines thicky dusted. And I've learned a lot from your gettin into the guts! I'm not going for the classic restore but I did order a new marquee (it was a split tmnt/simpsons) and fix the light, also wanna make a new CP with (L to R) p3, p1, p2, p4 instead of 1,2,3,4. and 6 buttons for players 1 and 2 (It'll be a multigame but in an orig turtles cab. Maybe itll toggle between TMNT and a 1069 instead of simpsons...)

I wish your later pics were linked up!

patchboston

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2020, 09:31:04 am
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2009, 07:25:40 am »
Hey Guys,

I've been super busy, but I promise I'll fix my photo links this weekend! I've managed to finish the cp, I'll also shoot some photos of that too-- turned out super nice from the original. I've been super busy over this summer and I kinda forgot about my TMNT/this thread :( I did manage to pick up some more cabs, a nintendo vs., a phoenix, and a FREE battlezone (currently, this is my restoration priority).
Own: Pac-man, TMNT, P.O.W.

goukisama

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2016, 05:14:45 am
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2009, 06:14:20 pm »
Not to derail this thread, but I noticed an X-men cab (which is from around the same era I guess) for sale here:

http://link.marktplaats.nl/253037497

Looks to be in very good condition. I love the X-shape cab.....taking loads of space though....
When i worked at an arcade. we sold a six player x-men working for $300!

patchboston

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:26 am »
While I've yet to update my links or finish shooting photos of the completed cp, I did manage to pick up some NOS art off of ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330369939108&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

you can only imagine how relieved I am that I found this, seems like the only other option was the reproductions from mamemarquees for $180.00
Cold weather is coming and I don't have time to prep the cabinet like it needs, so this will safely lay flat for another few months.

supadave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 09:10:08 pm
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2009, 03:21:04 pm »
Nice ebay snag.. I'm currently restoring a TMNT as well. We've spoke in private messages about our situations. I just got the joysticks myself. What a pain finding those. I recently applied a new CPO. I also got new plexi for protecting the cpo. I'll be cutting that soon. I reprinted the arrow stickers that go on the coin door. Haven't applied yet though. Will need to repaint the door first. My side art is ok, could use replacement but I haven't found any yet. (haven't been looking and I'm not paying 180.00 bucks for it as you understand)

Keep up the good work.. Mine is going to be on hold till probably spring now.. Take care.

patchboston

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2009, 10:22:27 am »
the seller has multiple copies of TMNT art..I don't know how many he has, but I did receive a damaged piece and he replaced it without hesitation...that piece came damaged, and well, third times a charm.

--Dave

supadave

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2023, 09:10:08 pm
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2009, 01:29:13 pm »
I recently finished the plexi for my cpo.. take a look..  I still need to get buttons and such but it's coming along..  I know the 1-4 player start buttons are not supposed to be there but as for personal reasons I like them. I know some of you may disagree and that is fine. Yes they are a bit crooked, at the time of this photo only the joysticks were tightned down.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 01:34:08 pm by supadave »