Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Contact Cleaning & has anyone used DeoxIT  (Read 2287 times)

digitaldj

• Trade Count: (0)
Contact Cleaning & has anyone used DeoxIT
« on: May 21, 2009, 06:00:21 pm »
I've got an old Williams Gulfstream that's been setting for a long time. It has some e/m problems and I wanted to find out what everyone uses to clean their contacts. I purchased a burnisher but I think my contacts need a better cleaning than what it looks like it can do. I work as a Biomed Technician and at work we use a product called DeoxIT and this has proven to work on everything we have tried it on except a pinball machine. Has anyone tried this stuff?

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/CAIG-LABORATORIES-D100L-2DB-/200-060

RichSorr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2015, 07:27:00 pm
Re: Contact Cleaning & has anyone used DeoxIT
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 07:55:43 pm »
I use it on various contacts around gear in my recording studio. works great. never tried on a pin though.

digitaldj

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 12:33:58 pm »
Ok did a lttle test on a couple of contacts on the playing field and it seems to arc more with kinda of a burnt smell. Like pinballjim says I think it will be great for the jones connections. I don't think i'm going to use it on the contacts. I have cleaned some with 600 sand paper to just polish them up a little bit.

digitaldj

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:03:08 pm »
Got it! Just cleaning some of the contacts now. Got some chime issues and the original problem where 10's don't want to zero. So i'm hoping by cleaning all of the contacts this will solve the issue. The guy I bought the machine off of let it set in the workshop uncovered with no glass. I 've got a heck of a job to cleanup the playing field, mostly just dirt. Any suggestion on the playfiled would be greatly appreciated!