Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Source for Atari Volcano (cone) buttons? (the actual buttons...not the cones)  (Read 10761 times)

chiLLbiLLy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 11:42:53 pm
I know this gets asked a bunch and the cones appear to be readily available from a few different sources, but not the actual red LED buttons to go with them.  I was going to order from Ram-Controls, but their website says they haven't been taking orders since the end of March, so I don't know if they're actually going to come back or not and frankly, I don't feel like waiting to see if they do.  I know www.videogameparts.com sells the cones, but I don't find the buttons there.  Any other sources anyone knows of?

pcb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2019, 05:27:26 pm
    • MikesArcade.com
There is no source for them  You will find them used from time to time on ebay, old panels, etc.  Expect to pay $15 to $30 depending where you find them.

videogameparts.com has some for $20 for used, $30 for new:  http://www.videogameparts.com/category.sc?categoryId=34

You can also try www.quarterarcade.com

Best,

- Mike -

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
If RAM is gone for good, then that's a true bummer. While the star wars yoke project was infamous for taking forever, he did make positive contributions to the community. If you can get ahold of him, he might be able to get you what you need. I got cones and buttons from him several months ago, and he is very generous. He hasn't been online in a while, but here is his profile: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=profile;u=11112
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

chiLLbiLLy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 14, 2015, 11:42:53 pm
Thanks for the info guys.  That's what I needed.  Didn't see the buttons on videogameparts.com before - I must be blind.  Anyway, hopefully, Ram-Controls isn't gone for good, although 5 months of no updates for a business doesn't sound real promising.  Although I haven't seen any of his work in person, I sure admired what he had done with the Major Havoc controller and Atari Volcano buttons, not to mention his many projects - Star Wars yoke, Lunar Lander thruster, etc.

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
I think it's just a side business for him, so no updates doesn't mean RAM won't rise from the dead a month from now.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

retrofuture

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2022, 12:41:44 pm
    • RetroFuture
I really hope RAM is alive and kicking!

I've been checking out his SW Yoke stuff for ages, his stuff rocks!

I'm building a couple of Xevious Bar Tops, with 10" CRTs and I'm trying to build them as close as possible to the original cabs, Leaf Switch pushbuttons (bloody difficult to find in white long esp. in the U.K. - give me a shout if you have eight!), and I really need to buy four high black cones and switches... $80 plus shipping to the UK may put a stop on it though!
The future isn't what it used to be.

Xevious BartopRetroFuture

Daviea

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2010, 06:51:56 pm
    • RAM Controls
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would pop into this old thread and chime in.  RAM Controls is alive and kicking.  I have been working on every single project, trying to get as many of them completed as fast as possible.  I keep releasing small items each week, so the number of items available has increased quite a bit.

Specifically, I just added the 2-1/4" (Major Havoc, 720) and 1-1/2" (Star Wars cockpit) t-moldings.  I'm about to make a BYOAC offer which is much better than the prices listed on my website, so hang in there.

You can check out the project blog here:

http://www.ram-controls.com/blog-225tmolding.html

Oh, and we have those LED button switches and p-l-e-n-t-y of CONES....remember the cone wars?  LOL

Again, RAM Controls is alive and well.  If you need anything, PM me here on BYOAC or email directly.  It's all good.

David Adams
RAM Controls
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 07:03:30 pm by Daviea »

WareWolF

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 02:42:16 pm

WE WANT THE YOKE !!!!

HoopstarsGarage

• Scratch Building Demi-God!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2016, 09:24:11 pm
  • Scratch Building Demi-God..
    • Hoopstars Garage
Specifically, I just added the 2-1/4" (Major Havoc, 720) and 1-1/2" (Star Wars cockpit) t-moldings.  I'm about to make a BYOAC offer which is much better than the prices listed on my website, so hang in there.
Where is the 1-1/2" Star Wars Cockpit t-molding on your website..??

I sent an email about a week or so ago wanting to order some without a response?? ???

Can you advise costing for enough to do one cabinet and postage to Australia..

cheers

Hoops

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I would pop into this old thread and chime in.  RAM Controls is alive and kicking.  I have been working on every single project, trying to get as many of them completed as fast as possible.  I keep releasing small items each week, so the number of items available has increased quite a bit.

You can check out the project blog here:

http://www.ram-controls.com/blog-225tmolding.html

Oh, and we have those LED button switches and p-l-e-n-t-y of CONES....remember the cone wars?  LOL

Again, RAM Controls is alive and well.  If you need anything, PM me here on BYOAC or email directly.  It's all good.

David Adams
RAM Controls

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Consider this my order for at least one set of SW cockpit T-molding ;)

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2024, 03:49:06 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
Wow ... just wow.

Gonna have to pick up some t-molding for MH and SWC just in case ...

Awesome.

:notworthy:
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

FrizzleFried

• no one listens to me anyway.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2023, 01:14:24 pm
    • Idaho Garagecade
Will the T-Molding powder coating need to go through your rigorous approval process?
Visit my arcade blog at: www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated 10-28-21)

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Friz,

Thanks for pointing out the under-played.  I am extremely rigorous when it comes to quality control.  In fact, to the point of being called "a little OCD" by a comedian in our ranks....if I recall.  I think that was a bit much, but it does drive the point home.  The bottom line is that I won't release anything unless it's absolutely perfect.  I would be willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of collectors would appreciate this trait.  When it comes to reproduction parts, there's two ways to go.  The right way and the wrong way.  I'm sure that it's obvious that I choose to make parts the right way, which is why every single one of my completed reproduction parts get such high praise.  In fact, it's because of my "rigorous approval process" that collectors now have all these options for quality parts to keep their machines going.

If I were to choose the easy way out and allowed "speed" (as in getting the item to market) to be my motivation, it's quite possible and most likely that something would slip through the cracks.  If that were to happen, I'd have to deal with unhappy people complaining about poor quality.  That type of complaint is completely unacceptable in my book, which is why I monitor quality above all else.  Now, people complaining that it's taking too long, while I can agree with them on many levels, it's just not going to make things happen any faster.  I do take into account that there are a few prepays (less than 10) and I value their opinion as well as their position in the matter.  If they complain to me, I take it seriously since they have a vested interest in the project.  Everyone else is just fanning the flames, probably for no other reason than to flap their arms.

All of that said, if there was a powder coat process on the t-molding, you can bet that I'd be all over it.  Fortunately for everyone involved, t-molding doesn't have a powder coat to worry about.  Thanks for asking.  Though, there's an interesting process (which I'll describe later) that lends itself to a more glossy finish on polyethylene t-molding.  The plastics industry seems to be interesting at every turn.

On the other hand, if this is just another attempt to be snarky about the Star Wars yoke delays, I'll note it down for you.  You've been abundantly clear of your position on this, so why not be more positive and focus on what I am getting done in the meantime while I finish up the yoke.  All the poking and prodding won't move the wheels any faster.  The SW yoke will be done ASAP, whether you believe it or not.

David Adams
RAM Controls

Will the T-Molding powder coating need to go through your rigorous approval process?

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
On the other hand, if this is just another attempt to be snarky about the Star Wars yoke delays, I'll note it down for you.

Of course that is what it was.   I'd figure by now you'd have thick enough skin to handle it as well... which seems to be the case.  I just find it interesting that the yokes have been "on deck" since well before I discovered this hobby... that is all.

;)

HoopstarsGarage

• Offline Offline
    • Hoopstars Garage
Of course that is what it was.   I'd figure by now you'd have thick enough skin to handle it as well... which seems to be the case.  I just find it interesting that the yokes have been "on deck" since well before I discovered this hobby... that is all.

;)
And people wonder why no one wants to put their hand up and do these re-pro parts..??    :angry:

Personally, I am stoked that someone has done this.. and I look forward to more products for the SWC.. :applaud:

David - Email received and I will be placing an order for the t-molding very soon.  Fantastic offer btw too..!!

Hoops

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Friz,

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that the Star Wars yoke has been a long time coming, that's for sure.  I could go on and on about the issues I've had to deal with during this project, but there's no point right now.  When it's completed, I intend to itemize and detail every last issue and gripe.  :)  In the meantime, while I work to get it finished up, I promised myself that I would try and get some of the smaller one-off items available to everyone sooner rather than later.  I was hoping that it would help alleviate *some* of the angst created by the yoke project.  

Taking on insanely difficult projects (ie: yoke, 720 controller, etc) seems to be a great way to soak up all my time and aggravate people while they wait.  Throwing in as many smaller items while I spin my wheels on the larger projects is my goal at this point.  Wish me luck.

I had no idea you were relatively new to the hobby.  Some people, you can just tell when they're newbs, but you never gave off that vibe.  LOL

Keep watching for more reproduction parts.  I have a lot of cool parts in store for everyone.

David Adams
RAM Controls

On the other hand, if this is just another attempt to be snarky about the Star Wars yoke delays, I'll note it down for you.

;)

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
Yeah,  I only discovered "MAME" in Sept. 2006 and formed my love of collecting "real" arcade machines December of the same year.  Rest assured I am only busting your balls.  Think about it... I am sure that George Broussard over at 3D Realms gets ribbed for Duke Nukem... those guys are on like 10 years and counting or something.  Nevermind me... i'm a known --cream-filled twinkie-- around these here parts and no one listens to me anyway.   ;D

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Hoopz,

No biggie, as Friz pointed out, my skin has thickened up quite a bit over the years so all the wisecracking is in perspective.

The SW Yoke project has been ongoing since 2004 (on paper, designs and what not).  It didn't really take off until 2007 when I started to get the larger components finished up.  But no matter how I portray it, the project really has taken far too long.  Because of this, I accept that I'm going to be razzed about it often.  I deserve it because I did stick my hand up and take the repro project head on.  It's all me.  LOL

Stay tuned because this is only the beginning of the repro parts - there's SO much more on the horizon.

As always, I'll be QC'ing these repro parts like nobody else!  :)

David Adams
RAM Controls

;)
And people wonder why no one wants to put their hand up and do these re-pro parts..??    :angry:

Personally, I am stoked that someone has done this.. and I look forward to more products for the SWC.. :applaud:

David - Email received and I will be placing an order for the t-molding very soon.  Fantastic offer btw too..!!

Hoops
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:42:45 pm by Daviea »

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
Dave, you don't owe anything to this community (except the few prepays of course!), and you've done a lot more for this community than the vast majority. Hats off to you. I know the naysayers tend to be pretty vocal but I'm sure there are plenty that appreciate greatly what you've done and are doing (maybe Friz falls in both camps). Keep up the good work, and do it your way! :cheers:

FrizzleFried

• Offline Offline
    • Idaho Garagecade
Brother Shan...

Certainly I recognize the contributions Dave/RAM has made... the projects he's taken on... etc.

... and you know what,  I really SHOULD throw in a few props here and there amongst my ball busting.

So thank you Dave.   

RetroACTIVE

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 28, 2024, 04:27:52 pm
  • Gramps
Dave has also hooked me up for a little over 100 bucks of yoke rebuild parts and now I have essentially a completely new SW yoke.

Dave's parts are truly the best repro parts on the market... hands down.  Of all the repro parts I've purchased over the years, there is always something different from them and their OEM, either the gauge of metal was off or the shape isn't quite right... this is not the case with Dave's stuff.  Everything Dave makes is exact, clean and in some cases made with upgraded materials.

So...  if there is something on Dave's roadmap you need/want... wait... be patient, find something else to do.  You will be glad you did!

Happy Gaming!

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the props - always appreciated!!

Listen, I forgot to provide the link to the 1-1/2" wide SW Cockpit t-molding project blog in my other post above.  If you'd like to read about it and see a few pics, here it is:

http://www.ram-controls.com/blog-150tmolding.html

I still need to add a few more pics to this and the 2-1/4" t-molding blogs, but there's enough in there right now to get a feel for what the finished product looks like. 

All ready to go.  If you'd like to order some t-molding, let me know.

BTW, do NOT order the 1-1/2" or the 2-1/4" t-molding from the website unless you want to pay full price at $50 plus shipping.  The special BYOAC deal is $30 shipped in ANYWHERE in the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii).  Outside of the U.S., the price is $40 shipped.  If interested, PM me or email me directly to make the arrangements. 

I ship orders ahead and expect payment AFTER you take receipt of your order, so no worries about fronting money.  There's only one more arcade supplier that I am aware of who works this way.  I hope it's a trend that keeps gaining ground. 

Oh, and I have attached photos of both reproduction t-molding types.

David Adams
RAM Controls

P.S.  To be 100% fair, I need to mention that there is another supplier for the 2-1/4" t-molding and I believe that he still has some available.  Check out KLOV and search for it.  Anyhow, he had contacted me before I had pulled my t-molding from storage and was willing to purchase some from me.  Long story short, I took too long and he had a run of the 2-1/4" t-molding produced.  He did an excellent job of it, too.  I have not seen the material first hand, but everyone says he did great!  I absolutely cannot fault anyone for taking on a project, particularly when I'm taking too long.  In fact, I wish more people would take on reproduction projects - it's a lonely job.  LOL  So, I waited before announcing my t-molding so he could sell as much of his t-molding as possible to try and break even on his investment at the very least.  Since I have SO much more t-molding available, I can sell it for the long haul.  His investment was much smaller, so I wanted to give him that courtesy.  He eventually gave me the thumbs up and here I am. :-)  Added bonus, I've got the 1-1/2" t-molding available, too.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:22:59 pm by Daviea »

saint

• turned to the Dark Side
  • Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 07:49:54 am
  • I only work in cyberspace...
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
I would still pre-pay for a yoke if Dave would let me.

--- saint
--- John St.Clair
     Build Your Own Arcade Controls FAQ
     http://www.arcadecontrols.com/
     Project Arcade 2!
     http://www.projectarcade2.com/
     saint@arcadecontrols.com

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
Though, there's an interesting process (which I'll describe later) that lends itself to a more glossy finish on polyethylene t-molding.  The plastics industry seems to be interesting at every turn.
Any chance you could produce some standard size black t-molding with this extra gloss finish as well? This is something I have noticed when comparing my original Atari black t-molding on a number of machines, compared to today's widely available new black t-molding in the same size. I just don't like it as much (kind of a satin finish and not as pitch black).
NO MORE!!

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Saint,

Thanks for the prop, I appreciate it.  However, I'm reluctant to take anymore pre-orders at least until I'm very close to completing the project.  Which, by the way, is still probably several months out.  :)  Thankfully, the vast majority of pre-pay folks have been beyond gracious and I can't thank them enough for it.

Each time I come up with a new product, everyone here on BYOAC can expect to hear about it first AND get the best deal.  Afterall, this is the only arcade related forum that I feel in sync with.  I'd like to think that I'm the ultimate builder of my own arcade controls.  LOL

The t-molding is just another small step toward a much bigger goal.  I hope everyone enjoys the new repro items I'm releasing.

David Adams
RAM Controls

I would still pre-pay for a yoke if Dave would let me.

--- saint

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:18:55 pm by Daviea »

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Ray,

This is totally within the realm of possibility.  I've been doing an inventory of all the Atari tooling since I got back and I have MANY profile extrusion dies in my possession, including 3/4" smooth t-molding and 1-1/2" smooth t-molding (I assume this one is for Assault) which I've been eyeballing for awhile now.  I'll probably end up doing the 1-1/2" smooth because I do intend to make a repro cabinet *eventually*. 

**note: side rant which has nothing to do with this thread**
Speaking of which, I get a lot of flak from various people who whine and moan about me staking a claim to "too many" repro projects that I "never intend to complete" or some similar rantings.  When I first started doing this, I just created a repro item and then surprised everyone with it which was a very cool thing.  Then I worked on those repro Atari cones and happened to release all three type just as someone else released one type.  The infamous "cone wars" ensued between the other supplier and one of my resellers.  It got kind of brutal and underhanded at one point.  Anyhow, people complained to me that I needed to state my intentions in the future so that would never happen again.  OK, fine.  Made sense to me.

So, now I state my intentions.  How's that working out for me?  One word: complaints.  I just cannot win.  Granted, I do seem to take a lot of trips out of the country which delay my projects quite a bit, but if I state an intention, you can bet money that I'm working on it and probably dumping more money into it than anybody else would.  Oh and let me state this for the record, if I am working on a reproduction item which is taking too long to complete and someone else wants to work on the same item, please do so.  By all means, please.  I absolutely *love* to see other people do reproduction work, so go for it.  Just don't take it out on me for announcing my intentions.
** end side rant**

Ok, sorry about that...  I just wanted to get that off my chest while I was thinking about it.

So, show of hands, how many people want to see 1-1/2" smooth t-molding for their Atari (Namco) Assault games?  Also, show of hands for the 3/4" smooth (glossy-type)?  I have the dies, so it's only a matter of finding a new extrusion vendor and coughing up some cabbage.

This poor thread has been dragged all over the place topic-wise.

David Adams
RAM Controls

Though, there's an interesting process (which I'll describe later) that lends itself to a more glossy finish on polyethylene t-molding.  The plastics industry seems to be interesting at every turn.
Any chance you could produce some standard size black t-molding with this extra gloss finish as well? This is something I have noticed when comparing my original Atari black t-molding on a number of machines, compared to today's widely available new black t-molding in the same size. I just don't like it as much (kind of a satin finish and not as pitch black).

HoopstarsGarage

• Offline Offline
    • Hoopstars Garage
Not sure if it is the same, but I'd love to see the narrower Atari SWC t-molding repro'd..

Hoops

Paul Olson

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:51:12 pm
    • Paul's Arcade
Hey David,
I think there would be a huge amount of interest in flat white T-molding for the Nintendo cabs in both sizes. There is no source that offers completely flat like the original.

Paul

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 12:42:45 am
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
So, show of hands, how many people want to see 1-1/2" smooth t-molding for their Atari (Namco) Assault games?  Also, show of hands for the 3/4" smooth (glossy-type)?  I have the dies, so it's only a matter of finding a new extrusion vendor and coughing up some cabbage.
*hand raised for 3/4"*  I would use it not only on Atari cabs, but pretty much any cab that needs black t-molding.
NO MORE!!

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hoops,

The narrow t-molding, is that the 1/2" or the 3/4"?  I think I have a 1/2" extrusion die, but I'm not entirely sure of the size.

Something really strange about the extrusion process is that the die has a much larger, exaggerated if you will, profile of the part to be made.  Looking at the die, you'd think the part to be made is much larger than it really is.  As the plastic comes out of the die and draws down (shrinks) in the water bath, it conforms to the desired size.  So, when I look at these dies, it's sometimes difficult to tell what size the end product t-molding is supposed to be unless that information is already indicated on the die itself.  Although, I am starting to get a good feel for how it works.

David Adams
RAM Controls

Not sure if it is the same, but I'd love to see the narrower Atari SWC t-molding repro'd..

Hoops

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
*hand raised for 3/4"*  I would use it not only on Atari cabs, but pretty much any cab that needs black t-molding.

+1 !! And +1 for the white Nintendo but I'm sure the mold for that is not in David's hands unlike all the Atari molds.....

HoopstarsGarage

• Offline Offline
    • Hoopstars Garage
Hoops,

The narrow t-molding, is that the 1/2" or the 3/4"?  I think I have a 1/2" extrusion die, but I'm not entirely sure of the size.

I "think" the narrow t-molding is closer to the 3/4" (18mm) width.  It is a lot flatter than the stuff that is available from the usual suppliers like t-molding.com.  I'd suggest it is very similar to the Nintendo cab profile..

I actually don't have a SWC cab to measure it (my project is a scratch-built example) but here is an example photo from my many "stock" photos..

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
I definitely don't have the Nintendo extrusion dies handy, but it would be an easy thing to produce.  I'm completely unfamiliar with the Nintendo t-molding, so I don't even know what I would be up against at this point.  I could look into it, but I've already got so much on my plate, I'd rather hold off until which time I get a few specific projects completed.

David Adams
RAM Controls

+1 !! And +1 for the white Nintendo but I'm sure the mold for that is not in David's hands unlike all the Atari molds.....

Daviea

• Offline Offline
    • RAM Controls
Hey Hoops,

I'm pretty sure this is the 1/2" t-molding and I DO have the extrusion die for this product.  To make a decent run of this, I would have to commit around $1000 to $1200 just to get the job started.  Knowing the slow times when dealing with plastics companies, it would take them about 3-5 weeks to complete, but a nice flat t-molding like this would probably take the lesser of the timeframe considering that there's no ribbing to worry about.  Obviously, I'll need to make some of this anyway because of the SW cockpit project, but this is on the back burner for now UNLESS someone wants to step up and supply the initial $1K-$1.2K to get it going.  If that were the case, I would drop this project right into the lap of a plastic extrusion company and let them deal with it.  Of course, I would commit to 10,000ft as usual and I would pay for the remainder of the run myself.

David Adams
RAM Controls

I "think" the narrow t-molding is closer to the 3/4" (18mm) width.  It is a lot flatter than the stuff that is available from the usual suppliers like t-molding.com.  I'd suggest it is very similar to the Nintendo cab profile..

I actually don't have a SWC cab to measure it (my project is a scratch-built example) but here is an example photo from my many "stock" photos..

HoopstarsGarage

• Offline Offline
    • Hoopstars Garage
UNLESS someone wants to step up and supply the initial $1K-$1.2K to get it going.  If that were the case, I would drop this project right into the lap of a plastic extrusion company and let them deal with it.  Of course, I would commit to 10,000ft as usual and I would pay for the remainder of the run myself.

David Adams
RAM Controls

Hey David

I honestly wish I was in a position to pony up and get this part of the project going...  unfortunately I am not, but maybe I can rattle up some support from the different arcade related forums I frequent...

Once again, it just goes to show us all how much you put your hand into your own pocket for all of these components...  I hope I can keep supporting your projects.!! :applaud:

Hoops

mrclean

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2022, 08:30:36 am
  • World Record Holder for Gun Smoke Dedicated & MAME
    • Guscade
Hey Dave! getting back on track, I'm in the market for some cones (mine are all dented and look like they were chewed on), along with switches. Did dig dug use the tall ones ? I need 2x for dig dug and 2x for Galaga '88. I think I really Only need one switch though the rest seem to work.. but I need 4x cones.. Just wanted to get the correct ones for Galaga 88; and Dig Dug.

Getting off track I'm pretty sure I also need a plunger, and maybe a pivot ball for the atari joystick for my Galaga 88' because it feels flimsy. I tried taking it apart but there is a pin that goes through a piece of plastic, and It looks very fragile. Best method for disassembly from that point on?
2,370,650 Gun.Smoke

TheShanMan

• Offline Offline
You can buy a punch tool at Home Depot or wherever to punch those pins out, and you can also buy replacement pins if necessary there as well. You do have to be a little bit careful when removing them though.