Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can someone (SNAAAKE) please help me with a playstation controller overlay?  (Read 4127 times)

AlanS17

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Well I know SNAAAKE is really good with these fighter characters, but maybe anybody can do this?

I've already picked out the background and the characters I want to use (Ryu and Morrigan), but I can't put them all together.

It's all for a controller I'm making for my bro's bday. The dimensions are 18"X12" so I know I can still use raster images to get decent results. However, it's been years since I used any paint software. Things have changed and I don't know what I'm doing anymore! I need help!  :(

Is there anybody that could please help me? I know it should be easy for anybody except me. If yall could please either PM me or post to this thread it would be much appreciated! I feel pretty stupid cuz I KNOW this is easy... I have the whole layout in my head but I can't seem to put it on the screen cuz I don't know how to move things around anymore!

P.S. Don't think I didn't try. I've been at this for a couple hours, got everything set up, but I'm just hitting a brick wall here...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 01:12:42 am by AlanS17 »

3dmacman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2010, 01:34:30 pm
  • Gaming, its a way of life.
Well I know SNAAAKE is really good with these fighter characters, but maybe anybody can do this?

I've already picked out the background and the characters I want to use (Ryu and Morrigan), but I can't put them all together.

It's all for a controller I'm making for my bro's bday. The dimensions are 18"X12" so I know I can still use raster images to get decent results. However, it's been years since I used any paint software. Things have changed and I don't know what I'm doing anymore! I need help!  :(

Is there anybody that could please help me? I know it should be easy for anybody except me. If yall could please either PM me or post to this thread it would be much appreciated! I feel pretty stupid cuz I KNOW this is easy... I have the whole layout in my head but I can't seem to put it on the screen cuz I don't know how to move things around anymore!

P.S. Don't think I didn't try. I've been at this for a couple hours, got everything set up, but I'm just hitting a brick wall here...

I'm not as good as snake but I could give a shot if you like. Just email me the artwork and I will see what I can do.

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.

well,upload the source images somewhere and post the link.
might wanna try. 8)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 10:43:09 pm by SNAAAKE »

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
Well for starters, here is what the thing is gonna look like. Didn't even mean for it to, but it started coming out almost exactly like an X-Arcade (The outer shape of it. Not the buttons). Didn't even realize until after the wood was cut! The images I wanna put on it won't fit on here cuz the file sizes are too large. I need to find somewhere to post them.

Thanks so much for helping, though.  ;D I got the wood working down. It's the art that I have trouble with!

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
Ok I've finally got my images uploaded to a server. The background is:

http://alan.joymonkey.com/Galactic_Orgasm.jpg

And the characters I want on it are going to be Ryu and Morrigan.  I was thinking having them on the left side so I could put a name (haven't thought of one yet) up in the top right corner. I think the line that passes horizontally through the background would work well for resting a name over it up in the top right corner.

I have two images I found for them that show the style I want them in, but any images of that style that might work better would be greatly appreciated. I know the ones I have may be a bit small. Anyways, they are:

http://alan.joymonkey.com/ryu-cvs2.jpg
http://alan.joymonkey.com/morrigan-cvs2.jpg

His birthday is almost a week away so I need to hurry up and finish this. I know there are people on this board that could crank something out in 15 minutes, though. I'm just not one of them.

P.S. I'm going to be using red buttons and probably red t-molding so if anybody has any other suggestions for the back ground please tell me. I just wanna make this thing look good.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2003, 04:58:47 pm by AlanS17 »

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
*whistles* bump *whistles*  ::)

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
Those pics you uploaded were very low res.  :(
How is this for your brother's panel !  :)

Check PM..there is a higer resolution(5400xwhatever)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2003, 03:37:36 pm by SNAAAKE »

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
DAMN! That's too cool... *bows down*

Maybe I won't even give it a name...

Where do you get those high-res images??? I tried that website you showed me and google search but I never see the cool stuff.

I'll probably end up using this, anyways, but do you have any other images of Morrigan that look more like her traditional character? I'm afraid that after I trim it (since it's not square) it's going knock off her bat wing and you won't be able to tell who it is except for the costume.

*thinking to myself* Wish I had ordered some black buttons... Maybe I can get them here in time if I order today.

zorg

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 19, 2022, 09:00:38 am
Where do you get those high-res images??? I tried that website you showed me and google search but I never see the cool stuff.

a lot of emu/arcade/console related site offers good quality pics

eg:
http://speksnk.metropoliglobal.com/ take a look under IM
I'm on the planning stage

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline

a lot of emu/arcade/console related site offers good quality pics

eg:
http://speksnk.metropoliglobal.com/ take a look under IM
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 12:20:30 pm by SNAAAKE »

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
I tried loading those sites but nothing came up. Maybe there is something wrong with my connection...

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
OK I got a couple of them.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
Ok I printed the control panel art here at work using the high res image cuz we have a color laser printer. However, we only have crappy paper so it still doesn't look so hot yet. I'll need some good paper to make this thing work well. I'll probably end up printing at a local Kinko's or something.

Will some of this blur clear up with better paper, though?

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
Ok I got the image printed at a local place that did my 12"X18" for like $2.75! Haven't finished the thing, but took an early picture of it. Still has the green protective covering over it, though.

I have some black buttons in the mail that I will probably use instead. Otherwise I may do rainbow color for the 4 primary buttons and black for the rest. At first I didn't think red would look good, but I changed my mind after I put them in. However, they aren't all the same kind of button, so I'm not going to use them after all. What do yall think? All black, all red, or rainbow with black?

(Keep in mind the thing is darker and greener than it will be when it's finished.)

P.S. I have red and black t-molding.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2003, 02:45:14 pm by AlanS17 »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
yeah looking good.
install the molding and post some final pics.
Those red buttons look good though.
Don't bother replacing with black onces.

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
    • AlanS17
Wish I had tried out the red buttons before I bought brand new black ones and black t-molding... That's all gonna come out to a wasted $20-$25...

This should be another post for my "Well crap" thread...  :P

Live and learn, right? I'm gonna get this down to a science!