Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden axe 2, 4 player dedicated cabinet monitor problems  (Read 2485 times)

16BIT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2009, 05:52:49 pm
Golden axe 2, 4 player dedicated cabinet monitor problems
« on: April 30, 2009, 08:23:46 pm »
Well I bought a dedicated golden axe II 4 player cabinet and was cleaning the inside of it and like a dummy my arm hit the circuit board that plugs into the back of the monitor tube directly on the vaccum bulb thing.  Well the damage was done and alot of the pins were bent and the black plastic piece in the middle cracked but is still attached to the bulb.  I was able to strighten out all of the surrounding pins and reinsert the circuit board onto the back of the tube, but now after 10-15 minutes of playing the picture gets really blurry.  It was fine before this happened, and was woindering if you can replace the vaccume bulb on a 25" wells gardner monitor.  I have no idea what to do short of spending 400 bucks on a new one.  Any help is apperciated.

qrz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
  • wrangling electrons since 1978
Re: Golden axe 2, 4 player dedicated cabinet monitor problems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:43:14 pm »
check to make sure the focus pin isn't bent, and is aligned to mate with the crt skt.
this will be the "stand alone " pin in the key protion of the skt  ;)

qrz

16BIT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:28:25 pm »
Are you talking about the dozen or so pins on the vacuum bulb that you plug the circuit board into on the back of the tube?  The black plastic thing in the middle is what cracked but it looks to be only used for alignment as it has a slot that only lets the circuit board plug in one way.  Do you know if that bulb is replacable?  I know it is directly on the back of the tube.

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:02:18 am »
Do you know if that bulb is replacable? 

There is no "bulb".
That whole tube is one piece called a CRT. (cathode ray tube)

And yes, QRZ was referring to the dozen or so pins. There is one that stands alone, make sure it has a good clean fit to the neckboard socket.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

16BIT

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 11:46:37 am »
WOW thanks alot guys.  Thats exactly what was wrong with it,  I just had overlooked the stand alone pin since it was inside a plastic guide but when I looked on the board I seen where it was missing the hole.  I re bent and got it to work like new.  Thanks again!