Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME Cocktail Cabinet built from ArcadeDepot kit  (Read 3250 times)

andyba

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 24, 2014, 11:22:04 am
MAME Cocktail Cabinet built from ArcadeDepot kit
« on: April 28, 2009, 11:31:21 pm »
I've been a lurker here for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME and finally decided to post my cabinet that I've been working on for 2+ years. 

Cocktail Cabinet: I requested a custom built one from Scott (ArcadeDepot) since his kit is based on the original Ms. Pacman.  I wanted controls in the front and a hole on the side so I could mount a trackball.  The Oak veneer cabinet was very easy to assemble and the glass was top notch.  The staining however was not so great.  It looked like there was one coat and incomplete.  I had to head over to Home Depot to get some dark Bombay Mahongany along with some semi-gloss finish.

Controls: Happ controls ordered from Scott and X-Arcade trackball ordered from X-Arcade.  The ipac was ordered from Ultimarc and shipped very fast from Europe.  CPO is from Mamemarquees.

I think I could have planned the extra buttons better and will probably build a unit to house them after I get a decent router.  Right side panel lower has 3 buttons (for Window Key, Enter, Tab).  X-Arcade Trackball has 3 buttons on right side (mouse buttons), 3 buttons on left side (for 1 and 2 player coin, Escape)

Sound:  Creative Inspire T3030 2.1 Speaker System

Screen: Standard 19" Flat Screen ESA Monitor (+ 19" NEC AccuSync 70 for backup)

System: Dell Optiplex with 40GB HD, 512 MB Ram, Celeron (will play low/mid-range MAME titles, Street Fighter a bit slow)

Future to do:
Software not complete - Mame32UI installed but still needs MameWah
Stand or bracket needs to be fabricated to secure monitor in place
Build custom unit on right side of cabinet to house subwoofer and 3 buttons
Build custom unit on left side of cabinet to seamlessly blend in speakers
Replace graphic on X-Arcade trackball to blend with theme of cabinet

This forum is awesome and I know my cabinet pales in comparison to some of the ones here but wanted to contribute.   :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:14:53 pm by andyba »