Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Confused on how to power my monitor? What is the isolation transformer? Pics!  (Read 1694 times)

tyson171

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2022, 09:34:22 pm
Hey everyone, I have a wells gardner 25k7191 that is in a Mortal Kombat 2 Cab (which i'm converting to mame) and i'm getting ready to start putting everything together.  The only thing i'm going use from the original cab is the monitor and its power source and the isolation transformer.  So from the pictures what exactly is the iso trans? What is the black box beside the pcb board?  Just need to know what i need to use and what else i can get rid of! Thanks!  (using an arcadetovga card for the wells btw if that matters?)

(i know its dirty, i'll clean it up)

qrz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2015, 03:04:15 pm
  • wrangling electrons since 1978
the large xformer likely has a 120v 1:1 winding  ( isolated)

the "black box"  is a smps which supplies low voltage for the game  ( 5v,12v, -5v outputs)

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
the large xformer likely has a 120v 1:1 winding  ( isolated)

Think "purple"....  ;D

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=90874.0
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.