Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help with switch problem!  (Read 1819 times)

ccarlesco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 10, 2012, 10:03:01 am
Help with switch problem!
« on: March 30, 2009, 04:11:26 pm »
I recently bought an Game Plan Old Coney Island pinball table and I'm trying to repair it.

The issue I'm having is with the switch logic on the playfield.  About 1/4 of the switches seem to trigger the incorrect code in test mode.  It seems to be the coin 1,2,3 - tilt and test mode button are registering incorrectly to a variety of different playfield switches - A few playfield switches don't register at all.  If I try to play a game and the ball hits either the test mode trigger the game abruptly ends.

I've examined the wiring carefully and I don't see any obvious shorts.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
Re: Help with switch problem!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:21:56 pm »
Best advice: I hope you have schematics. These issues are annoying as hell, and take forever to troubleshoot. I just dealt with my own frustrating problem. The best and only way to solve it is to roll up the sleeves, and plug n' chug with a DMM in continuity check mode. Start at the board, and follow the schematics all the way to each switch.

Good luck.