Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Attack From Mars  (Read 2762 times)

Visitor Q

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2019, 09:09:30 am
  • The Saw Is Family
Attack From Mars
« on: March 23, 2009, 09:00:59 am »
Hey guys... I know most the site's pinheads hang out in here so I wanted to let you guys know that I am looking for an AFM to buy. I tossed something up in the 4-Sale section and I am not trying to break the site rules by double posting or putting something in the wrong section but I figure it would be best to say something here since I know you all don't frequent that section of the site.

Thanks for understanding.  ;)
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Flake

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 04, 2023, 03:02:46 pm
  • I am Evil Homer....I am Evil Homer....
Re: Attack From Mars
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:57:47 am »
You dont ---fudgesicle--- around do you?  I thought you were looking for a TZ?  and now your looking for a AFM?  Is the AFM going to be purchased instead of the TZ?  Either way, Amen to you brother.  Your going to have quite a collection before the year is out.

You know I played AFM a ton the other day on Visual Pinball and honestly I dont think liked it all that much.  It was Visual Pinball I know but....still....

There is an auction coming up here in two weeks.  If there is one there I'll take care of acquiring it for you and arranging shipping - on your dime of course.  The carrier I use though will probably take about 6-8 months to make it to your house though..... ;D

Charles4400

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2016, 02:31:42 am
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:01:49 pm »
Hey Q I don't have any leads but just wanted to say good luck on the hunt! That's awesome your getting another pin!  :cheers:

I'm sure you're going to find one soon and It'll keep your Monster bash company!!!

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:04:17 pm »
Forgot to mention - try Treasure Cove.  I'm sure he could find one in beyond excellent shape.  I dont think you have to pay for his detailling work if you dont want to but it would most likely still cost you $3K+

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:27:04 pm »
Forgot to mention - try Treasure Cove.  I'm sure he could find one in beyond excellent shape.  I dont think you have to pay for his detailling work if you dont want to but it would most likely still cost you $3K+

They have them starting at 6G, too me that is crazy!

I have decide on AFM next instead of TZ, going to work from there.
“Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world."

Flake

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:30:30 pm »
They have them starting at 6G, too me that is crazy!

I have decide on AFM next instead of TZ, going to work from there.

Well I think that price is after he has done all his work.  I'm saying sometimes I think you can purchase machines from him - unshopped - or whatever his version of unshopped is for WAY less than his restored machines go for.  Might be worth an e-mail or phone call.

pinballwizard79

• The above mentioned items do not expel strawberries & pretty girls
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2014, 09:18:00 pm
  • I sleep by my arcade every Friday
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 08:27:57 pm »
AFM is very cool but hella expensive for the price.

Flake is right , TC does sell machines unshopped. They are not unshopped like other sellers tho, they are usually in ridiculous good condition to boot becuase it seems he doesnt want to really polish terds.

IMO the reason he does that from what I understand is his "time/effort ROI" involved on certain titles are not worth it to him because he has better irons in the fire at the moment.............again I cannot speak for him but dude thats got to be it.

As for AFM, thats a hot title worth his time as it will fetch $9k once clearcoated but you can always ask him if he wants to part with one unrestored of course.

Damn you & your MB, cool cereal painting & now a damn AFM.

I hope you get a speeding ticket soon  >:D

"George Bush doesn't care about arcade people"

My FrankenPanel: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=110312.0

My Game Room: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=81323.0

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 07:37:45 am »

I hope you get a speeding ticket soon  >:D

:laugh2:

I don't have the damn thing yet!

I have played AFM quite a bit both in the arcade and on VP Mame. While I don't enjoy it sometime as much as ST:TNG, I totally love the theme which I can't stand Star Trek! Sorry to any Trekkies out there.  :tool: Just bustin'!

I have an addiction, I need to feed that addiction and another pinball is going to be the only way!

Guess I'm a  :tool:. hehehehehehe

ps. I need to make some prints of that damn Cereal Painting, so many people have asked.  Need to get ---my bottom--- to Staples. >:D

Charles4400

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2016, 02:31:42 am
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 11:03:41 am »
STTNG is a great pinball! As you know I have one (my only one so far) but it is FUN!!!
It sounds great, has tons to do on the playfield and is very challenging...certainly no walk in the park!

It's complicated to fix when things go wrong though (especially for me since I'm not used to working on pins) and I currently have it in shop for repairs I didn't want to do myself but the game is a blast!

If you don't like the theme though I wouldn't get it as the theme for me is one of the most important parts of the game! (OK there is Trekkie in my blood I will admit!)

Instead of AFM what about getting a Revenge from Mars?
Or back to your original plan of a Twilight Zone (I was ALWAYS into the series and would love to have one!)

Good luck on whichever you decide!

shardian

• Saint is the evil mastermind
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2015, 03:11:31 pm
  • Friends don't let friends build frankenpanels...
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:44:24 am »
I want a poster of the cereal painting! :)

Visitor Q

• Offline Offline
  • The Saw Is Family
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 09:25:03 pm »
I want a poster of the cereal painting! :)

Your not the only one, something I am going to look into.

I looked at a RFM but I think attack is the much better game out of the two.

TZ is cool but it's such a stop and go game, no flow what-so-ever.

Will see, I may have a something to show here with in the next two months.